Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-01-2019, 12:11 AM
Newbie ;)

Spiritual Awakening = Satanic??

Hello,

I have had what I beleive was a kundalini awakening and I am in a dilemma.

This happened a month ago. I started to see synchronicity everywhere I went, felt energy like something else, waking up early most days, vivid dreams where I was people I've never met before that made me feel so lovely when I woke up that I can still remember how they felt (but two nightmares, one about a bad spirit :-/) it was scary and exciting. This happened due to personal reasons but it was around the time of feeling a strong desire to help and spresd love between groups of people.

I was an atheist/agonist with a strong Christian background before this all happened and I was excited to have evidence that something is truly out there, and enjoyed the experience and the sensations.

Then I started to watch 'new age deception' and 'new age to Christianity' videos and starfed to panic like crazy! Have I invited evil into my life by wanting these synchronicities? Had I been deceived? Are all these swamis, gurus, yogis, and ascencion youtubers just 'false prophets'??
They say they are ascening into a new realm. Who told them there only love there? How do we know we are not ascending into an even worse place? Is kundalini energy just demons swimming in the body?
Im 20 and most awakened people seem to be older and deep into meditation. I've spent my time alone mostly thinking, yes, but I was also indulging in fleshy things so I don't understand how I would even have an awakening naturally. But around the time this all began, I was on a mission to be as happy and loving as I could after being selfish and focused on my anxiety for most of my life, could that have awakened it?

I am hesitant to continue learning incase I accidentally become inticed by 'false prophets', but I disagree with the homophobia in the bible so it does not seem right to me. I am stuck trying to find truth in this world of deception, and fearful to read anything else now incase nudgement day comes and God says 'why did you beleive in all of these other books and not focus on the bible?'

Would God, the jealous God, want us practicing yoga, a practice known that it is based around Hindu gods?
How do we know that all of our knowledge on spirituality outside of holy books is not just occultic/satan speaking and deceiving us?
With all of these different interpretations of God I am now heavily confused on who he actually is too.

I want to pray for guidance and protection but I cant, I don't feel religious but now I feel like I have to because the Christian god and Christianity is all that I have been taught is the truth, but all I know of God is the being that atheists spend everyday debunking and critisising. I was advised to leave all other beleif systems and focus on the bible but I hate the homophobia in it, I can't sit with it and I don't know why an all loving God would create gay people just to say they are wrong.

The idea of the dark night of the souls just sounds like straight up demon possession to any beleiver, and I am worried. I experienced sleep paralysis and my anxiety turned into OCD for a long while whilst I went through this bad period. I'm going to be booked for deliverance to remove any kundalini spirits, because what type of energy causes a person to wake up at 3am-5am and see the same numbers everywhere they look?

Everybody speaks of ascencion with confidence that they are ascending to the right place. To the 5D. How are we not sure there are evil forces waiting for all these ascended people when they get to the 5D???
And the matrix? What happens if you leave?

I am heavily confused on where to turn. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated
Old 15-01-2019, 01:16 AM
Guide

Oh wow...welcome by the way. Religion isn't something that was heavily enforced upon us as kids. We just grew up knowing right from wrong and to be kind to others, as we would want them to be kind to us. My mother mostly, did not believe we had to go to church or read the bible to be good people. All my siblings and I turned out just fine. My point is, in my opinion there is a difference between spirituality and religion. Research the definition of each. I've found God means different things to different people and different cultures may refer to God as different things..it's a belief in a higher power. A guide of sorts or a moral compass we all have.

Learning about and exploring spirituality is not against God. The things you have experienced point to signs of having abilities. Guess what..we all have abilities, we've just been conditioned to shut them off. It's learning about ourselves and recognizing that there is more to our senses than what is taught. There's much more I can comment on based off what you've written, but most importantly, I feel it's important to tell you that scary experiences you have had may be your own inner negativity or doubt manifested. I have seen and heard of cases where people are tricked by their own thought forms. It made them think they're crazy. Anything that comes your way is there as a lesson, but it's up to you to look at it without fear and see what there is to be learned.

It can be a rough journey for a lot of people, exploring their spiritual side.
Old 15-01-2019, 04:14 AM
Seeker

I would say to you Trust your self and not any humans. If you can hear your guides, make sure they are good spirits who want to help you not the opposite.
Old 15-01-2019, 04:56 AM
Master

Hi acrossthelake

Yes, you are confused. That is understandable because your conscious spiritual journey (in this incarnation) is fairly new, and you don't know what to believe and you don't seem to have any coherent mental framework for this new information and new experiences.

You are also fearful - you fear God's judgement and jealousy. Personally I would not want to spend any time with a judgemental jealous person, let alone worship them.

Like all of us, you want love and peace. So if you want a spiritual guide, find one who is loving and peaceful. Next time a Christian minister threatens you with eternal damnation in the fires of Hell, ask yourself if he or she is loving and peaceful. When you view videos of yogis and gurus and swamis, ask yourself if they are loving and peaceful.

I am aware that whatever I say, you might turn round and say that I am a messenger of Satan trying to mislead you. But at some point you have to intelligently question all that you believe. You have to understand that the Bible is not necessarily God's word to humanity, but is instead a selected collection of writings put together by humans (and concerning the gospels, other gospels were excluded from the Bible because their message did not conform).

Courage is required for the spiritual journey. Will you be ruled for the rest of your life by your Christian background? Or are you willing to let go of whatever no longer serves you and embrace new possibilities?

Incidentally it is possible to practise yoga in all its forms without having any belief in Hindu gods.

Peace.
Old 15-01-2019, 06:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrossthelake
Hello,

I have had what I believe was a kundalini awakening and I am in a dilemma

This happened a month ago. I started to see synchronicity everywhere I went, felt energy like something else, waking up early most days, vivid dreams where I was people I've never met before that made me feel so lovely when I woke up that I can still remember how they felt (but two nightmares, one about a bad spirit :-/) it was scary and exciting. This happened due to personal reasons but it was around the time of feeling a strong desire to help and spresd love between groups of people.

I was an atheist/agonist with a strong Christian background before this all happened and I was excited to have evidence that something is truly out there, and enjoyed the experience and the sensations.

Then I started to watch 'new age deception' and 'new age to Christianity' videos and starfed to panic like crazy! Have I invited evil into my life by wanting these synchronicities? Had I been deceived? Are all these swamis, gurus, yogis, and ascencion youtubers just 'false prophets'??

Yes, many of the popular swami/guru/enlightened/ascension types online/you-tube are flakes who are almost as nonsensical as the Christian types who make those crazy videos you've been watching.

Quote:
They say they are ascening into a new realm. Who told them there only love there? How do we know we are not ascending into an even worse place? Is kundalini energy just demons swimming in the body?
Im 20 and most awakened people seem to be older and deep into meditation. I've spent my time alone mostly thinking, yes, but I was also indulging in fleshy things so I don't understand how I would even have an awakening naturally. But around the time this all began, I was on a mission to be as happy and loving as I could after being selfish and focused on my anxiety for most of my life, could that have awakened it?

Keep being as kind an loving as you can be.

Quote:
I am hesitant to continue learning incase I accidentally become inticed by 'false prophets', but I disagree with the homophobia in the bible so it does not seem right to me. I am stuck trying to find truth in this world of deception, and fearful to read anything else now incase nudgement day comes and God says 'why did you beleive in all of these other books and not focus on the bible?'

If you feel like you shouldn't read it anymore, stop reading it.

Quote:
Would God, the jealous God, want us practicing yoga, a practice known that it is based around Hindu gods?

Yoga predates hinduism by thousands of years, but if you feel uncomfortable with yoga, don't do it.

Quote:
How do we know that all of our knowledge on spirituality outside of holy books is not just occultic/satan speaking and deceiving us?

We don't have any reason to imagine Satan stories in the first place, but if you don't want to follow in Eastern spiritual traditions, then don't, it makes no difference which spiritual tenets you follow, or if you follow them at all. You follow your better nature and do what is best for you and those around you. Be tolerant and honest and generous and all those things everyone knows are good, and be happy.

Quote:
With all of these different interpretations of God I am now heavily confused on who he actually is too.

I want to pray for guidance and protection but I cant, I don't feel religious but now I feel like I have to because the Christian god and Christianity is all that I have been taught is the truth, but all I know of God is the being that atheists spend everyday debunking and critisising. I was advised to leave all other beleif systems and focus on the bible but I hate the homophobia in it, I can't sit with it and I don't know why an all loving God would create gay people just to say they are wrong.

You don't know the truth - and at least that much is true - so be agnostic because it represents that. Let other people get all worked up about true Gods and gurus and devils and all that stuff. You could just be kind and loving, like you say.

Quote:
The idea of the dark night of the souls just sounds like straight up demon possession to any beleiver, and I am worried. I experienced sleep paralysis and my anxiety turned into OCD for a long while whilst I went through this bad period. I'm going to be booked for deliverance to remove any kundalini spirits, because what type of energy causes a person to wake up at 3am-5am and see the same numbers everywhere they look?

You don't need to image all these things. You woke up early and you saw numbers - so what? I wake up early sometimes and see numbers all the time, because they are literally everywhere. It's just the way it is and there is nothing remarkable about it.

Quote:
Everybody speaks of ascencion with confidence that they are ascending to the right place.To the 5D.

(to be honest... they are making it up as they go along).

Quote:
How are we not sure there are evil forces waiting for all these ascended people when they get to the 5D???

(The 'spiritual sounding' stories about 5D and the matrix etc. are totally made up)

Quote:
I am heavily confused on where to turn. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Just go back to being kind and loving, get away from all the spiritual nonsense, stop imagining things which disturb you, and be happy.
Old 16-01-2019, 08:55 PM
Master

Your dilemma is certainly very interesting. I come from a similar background, as in I was originally brought up Christian, became an Atheist, then got into Yoga, meditation and eastern philosophy and ended up having a Kundalini awakening.

If you're programmed to be a Christian, it is difficult to deal with the effects of the Kundalini waking up, as scripture tells you the Serpent is Satan, God's enemy and adversary. Because of this I have long been hostile to Christianity (and Islam), imagining them to be anti-spirtual awakening. I even started interacting with ancient gods who would certainly be viewed very negatively by Christianity. Imagine my surprise when I found out that these ancient gods were major characters in the Bible, where they have assumed slightly different identities, but were in essence being described as creatures of heaven, playing a very positive role.

It turns out there's actually no conflict between Christianity and Spirituality, if you dig really deep. Just as an example, you would think that the Christian God has nothing to do with the ancient Greeks or Indians, but with a bit of digging, it turns out he is exactly the same god as Zeus, Jupiter and Indra. There are quite few further examples of this. Angels are basically the same as the Mesopotamian winged gods and the Devas of India.

The Kundalini, by the way, is not a spirit, it is a biological mechanism, therefore it is entirely senseless to demonise at as the epitome of evil. I suggest you read Gopi Krishna's books on Kundalini, you will learn a lot about the biological and scientific background, as well as the true significance of this in Christianity (which is well hidden, but can be uncovered with a bit of work).

In conclusion, getting a charlatan to try and drive the Kundalini "spirit" away would be about as effective as trying to exorcise your left Lung. It won't do anything, because the Kundalini biological mechanism is an integral part of your physical and energetic body. It isn't evil any more than your liver is. Try looking past your Christian programming, it is just scaremongering by the Roman Empire's official Church.
Old 16-01-2019, 09:00 PM
Ascender

How do you know the Bible hasn't been deceiving you? I mean, how do you really know? Can you explain all of the contradictions in it? Can you explain why so much paganism is in it? If you don't know what I mean, I suggest start researching.. for starters all the Messiahs and Gods that had the same characteristics as Jesus that came long before him. Why are so many of the stories in the Bible virtually the same as stories in Sumerian texts that were written long before the Bible?

I get where your coming from too. I was raised a Christian and we had no choice about it, it was forced on me until I left home and moved out on my own. Like you, I had a spiritual awakening (although mine was more of a third eye opening) which began before I had any real understanding of anything that was happening to me. Now, a couple of years and tons and tons of research later, I can tell you a few things...

Awakenings and ascension come when you work on yourself. That is the spring board of it. That's what started mine, so it's a good thing.
When I had my third eye opening/ awakening is was also a vibration raise. That is what ascension is, it's raising up into a higher and more pure vibration. Entities that exist in these higher vibrations are there because they have done this, let go of lower emotions. That means you experience less lower emotions such as jealousy, fear, anger, hatred, etc. That is how we know we are moving into a more loving place. When you don't experience lower emotions you don't act on these things.
I went through a dark night of the soul as well, it lasted probably at least 2 years, if not my whole life before and it was no joke, but things are becoming better and better since then. What an awakening does also, is open you eyes so you can see the truth of things.
This helps in discerning the truth when listening to various people. That is not to say that we are now perfect or still cannot be fooled or lied to. It can still be difficult to figure out the truth right now in this jumbled mess of opinions and dis-information. However, what I have realized is that lots of things were villainized for the purpose of controlling the masses. This has been done in all religions and especially the Abrahamic religions.
Which leads me to these "fleshy things" you talk about, which may or may not be consequential or "evil". Since you don't give specific examples, it's difficult to say if these things would actually hold you back or not. But again, many things have been villainized, both by religion and society, some of which are not really "evil" at all. Or some of which have both good AND bad characteristics or qualities. It does sound as though you were doing some inner work on yourself, which again, it was begins the ascension process.

As for the synchronicity, repeating numbers and waking up between 3am-5. I experienced all of that too. It all happened naturally, as I didn't ask for it to happen or know what was happening at the time. All I had done was began to work on myself, and I had only just started to do things like meditate and yoga, so I wasn't even heavily into any of it or the occult at the time.
I believe that synchronicity, signs and repeating numbers happen when one becomes more in alignment with one's highest path. Since my awakening I have become more aligned with my own personal missions and purposes. As evidenced by completely changing what I do for a living and going from doing something that I hated, to doing something that I enjoy more and that feels right. As well as becoming more authentic and happy.
The physical changes (such as waking up in early hours) is an indication that you are changing. I experienced a lot of physical changes and sensations, such as waking up at those hours, feeling as though my mass had become lighter, feeling disconnected to my body and even feeling nauseous. These are indications of moving to a higher dimension or even getting closer to light body. This is your body becoming less tied to this matrix/ 3D dimension.
Even the symptoms that appear negative as more like growing pains, such as being nauseous. I have often compared it to when I was pregnant with my son and felt nauseous nearly the whole time. Sure, nauseous is not a good feeling, but it was birthing something positive. Plus these symptoms go away after you work through the bulk of your awakening, at least they did for me.

Now as far as negative entities and people go, I am never going to be a "rainbows and butterflies/ everything is positive awoke person". There are dark forces for sure. And I do think we need to be careful, particularly with things like meditation and divination. These things open us up to both the positive and negative, so I believe that whether you are dealing with humans or other types of beings, you need to be careful who you trust. There certainly are those out there that are not positive or honest. This is where it becomes imperative to learn to recognize your gut feeling and intuition. As well as being discerning. At the same time, realize that even if you do follow or listen to something and it turns out not to be true, it's still ok. Take everything with a grain of salt and always remember that you can always change your mind on a belief, person or entity. You will not be punished or condemned to hell for giving an alternative opinion a chance.
As for the negative entities, sure they exist, but (and this is perhaps the most important part of this essay that I am writing lol) the biggest tool they have is our own fear. This is their biggest means of control. They use our own minds against us. Once you realize that there is really nothing to fear, you break down their control over you. There is not much else they can do but try to scare us. Let go of fear and there is nothing else for them to feed on. So since I believe this is the most important point, I think I'll stop there. Hope this helped some.
Old 17-01-2019, 02:48 AM
Seeker
Hi there! I encounter this question often as Reiki/energy work practitioner, and what I tell people is that we all have two tools at our disposal to assure that we aren't trafficking with anything evil: our intention and and our discernment. To paraphrase something jro5139 asked above, how do you know when you pray that you're talking to God? The answer I usually get when I ask people is something along the lines of "because I feel good when I pray" or "because I know that I'm talking to God". Respectively, those are the very definitions of discernment and intention. Trust your own gut and instinct; if something isn't right for you, it won't feel right. :)
Old 17-01-2019, 09:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrossthelake
Hello,

I have had what I beleive was a kundalini awakening and I am in a dilemma.

Everybody speaks of ascencion with confidence that they are ascending to the right place. To the 5D. How are we not sure there are evil forces waiting for all these ascended people when they get to the 5D???

Hi.

I shall provide guidance and tell you what I think, as soon as you make another post on this forum, so I can be sure that this isn't just an attempt at "post and run" veiled proselytism. Thank you.
Old 17-01-2019, 09:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Hi.

I shall provide guidance and tell you what I think, as soon as you make another post on.this forum, so I can be sure that this isn't just an attempt at "post and run" veiled proselytism. Thank you.

That's excellent, wish I'd thought of that...

Loving your screen name BTW