Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 06-07-2011, 02:55 AM
angel6m2000

Am I weird for thinking this way?

I feel like I deal with death a lot differently then others. I know everyone has their own way of grieving but it seems like mine is different. I realize that death is natural and embrace the idea that the dead's souls are going through a cycle, and it just happens that they moved into the non-physical one. I used to be afraid of death but I now understand that it plays a vital role in the process of enlightenment. Our physical bodies must die so that our souls may go on to a different life to understand, reach, and teach the way of the light.

Just thought I'd share that.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:59 AM
Ascender

Why would thinking that be weird? I think most would be in agreement with what you've said. We should celebrate that one has been able to continue their journey throughout this grand creation.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:45 AM
not human

sounds spot on to me the only thing I'd add is that life & death when viewed metaphysically cannot be separated
Old 06-07-2011, 03:51 AM
angel6m2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
sounds spot on to me the only thing I'd add is that life & death when viewed metaphysically cannot be separated

How do you mean?
Old 06-07-2011, 04:01 AM
not human

that the separation between the 2 is created in the mind because when we think we conceptualize in duallity ie good / evil ....pleasure / pain etc death is a part of life as much as life is a part of death all one process ...
Old 06-07-2011, 04:10 AM
angel6m2000

ahh, so your saying that the physical being is one step, through "life" and "death". and this is the beginning and end of many steps. there really is no such thing as death, because our souls live on forever. its our minds trying to comprehend this that the words life and death come in. right?
Old 06-07-2011, 04:11 AM
Master
angel6m... Your way of thinking about death may be different from most people, but not from those of us who are becoming aware of our true nature as spiritual beings. Welcome to the club!

Xan

Old 06-07-2011, 04:26 AM
Master
Your belief in death doesn't resonate with my thinking of death, but if it brings you comfort and you are not clinging to it for the actual comfort, then i think that's all that matters.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:29 AM
Master
Okay, psychoslice, I'll bite. What is your thinking about death?

Xan

Old 06-07-2011, 04:48 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel6m2000
ahh, so your saying that the physical being is one step, through "life" and "death". and this is the beginning and end of many steps. there really is no such thing as death, because our souls live on forever. its our minds trying to comprehend this that the words life and death come in. right?

thats getting to the heart of what I am saying Angel but you are there anyway