Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-06-2011, 12:47 AM
nightowl

It is quite a mix on views here...even mine

If I may suggest Missieme,

Take a moment to step back, take a breath...now look within yourself, converse with God and let God answer your question...What or who is God to you, this is a good place to start.

You need to converse with the One you believe holds you fate...

Suggestions and views from other are a wonderful thing because they can give us clarity, but they can also muttle (my word for confuse things) us up at times. I think maybe you know what I mean by muttled up...

Boy! I know the feeling of wanting to feel secure in what I believe...when I got to the point you are at right now, it was a tough one to get through. I learned along the way that it really came down to what I ultimately believe. Such a struggle between fear and freedom, right and wrong. What I learned was to trust in the God I always have trusted. So trust in the God you have always trusted your God will reveal the truth to you. Not my truth but your truth...hang in there it will come, be happy in the journey!

nightowl
Old 02-07-2011, 10:43 PM
MissieM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
It is quite a mix on views here...even mine

If I may suggest Missieme,

Take a moment to step back, take a breath...now look within yourself, converse with God and let God answer your question...What or who is God to you, this is a good place to start.

You need to converse with the One you believe holds you fate...

Suggestions and views from other are a wonderful thing because they can give us clarity, but they can also muttle (my word for confuse things) us up at times. I think maybe you know what I mean by muttled up...

Boy! I know the feeling of wanting to feel secure in what I believe...when I got to the point you are at right now, it was a tough one to get through. I learned along the way that it really came down to what I ultimately believe. Such a struggle between fear and freedom, right and wrong. What I learned was to trust in the God I always have trusted. So trust in the God you have always trusted your God will reveal the truth to you. Not my truth but your truth...hang in there it will come, be happy in the journey!

nightowl

Thank you so much nightowl for the lovely post, I really didn't realize what I was getting myself into when I posted this question as I am new to the board! You are exactly right...everything seems to be just getting more muttled up by reading all of these different opinions! I do appreciate everyone's insight very much. It gives me something to think about!

Peace and Love,

Missie
Old 02-07-2011, 11:02 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissieM
Thank you so much nightowl for the lovely post, I really didn't realize what I was getting myself into when I posted this question as I am new to the board! You are exactly right...everything seems to be just getting more muttled up by reading all of these different opinions! I do appreciate everyone's insight very much. It gives me something to think about!

Peace and Love,

Missie

Missie,

you are quite welcome

nightowl
Old 03-07-2011, 12:29 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter
In reality what you are asking is equivalent to asking 'can I have a partner and still sleep around'.

Plenty of people will say "Sure, it's ok, what they don't know won't hurt them, or everyones doing it." But is that really what you believe is the reaction (you) would take if your partner did it to you?

Wow, what a perfect analogy, I mean PERFECT! Right on target and so true.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Master
Missie, it is possible to follow Christ's teachings and completely reject christianity. They are not one and the same !
Old 03-07-2011, 02:09 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissieM
Hi everyone!

My question is, is there an inbetween? Can I worship God and love Him as well as believe in past lives, God using crystals to heal, and believe people can have psychic abilities without it being the work of the devil?

Missie

I believe in God and pray. I am about spirituality. I think you should get rid of the idea that it is the work of the devil. The in between would be to get rid of the whole devil thing. Anything having to do with evil. For people to say there is a devil, they are saying there is something separate from God. God is in Everything. The whole idea of a fallen angel, means there is separation. Condemnation is an illusion. Once you realize that there is no hell, and get rid of the thought of evil/devil, then there will be an in between.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Missie, it is possible to follow Christ's teachings and completely reject christianity. They are not one and the same !

Absolutely!

And, in my opinion, you can even follow Christ's teachings in the Bible whilst ignoring the nonsense therein, and call yourself a Christian.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Rivendoah

Old 03-07-2011, 10:57 PM
sprinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa
Wow, what a perfect analogy, I mean PERFECT! Right on target and so true.

Thankyou Lisa, I do believe, despite all the wriggling and twisting denial some go on with, that this is the naked central truth of the matter.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:53 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter
Thankyou Lisa, I do believe, despite all the wriggling and twisting denial some go on with, that this is the naked central truth of the matter.

I agree, the truth is sometimes hard to accept. I won't ask my husband if I'm fat, unless I want to know the truth.