Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 25-04-2019, 03:25 AM
Deactivated Account

I cannot afford to get the kavacham you suggested.But I can do the surrender and beileve in in God that it will be good.
Old 25-04-2019, 03:26 AM
Deactivated Account

I will post a question very soon,today itself.

Last time so trying to get it right.
Old 25-04-2019, 04:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
1. No, I don't see it as a "once off thing" unless one is able to sustain it indefinitely, but the more times the ego is totally dropped (i.e. ALL AT ONCE) the easier it becomes to remain in that state permanently.

Like all habits, it takes a while to develop...to rewire the neuron connections within the brain..to stop the ego returning after 5 minutes or 5 days going "well, now you've got that all out of your system, shall we continue?"

Eventually, after years of surrender, one will slip into a state called Savikalpa Samadhi...A precursor to full Enlightenment...but the Vasanas...old thought patterns and conditioned behaviors can still drag one out of it...you are looking at such a person.

I was doing my prayers to Lord Shiva only once a week...on Mondays and for the other 6 days of the week, forgetting He was even there. It is like these "part-time Christians" who think that going to Church on Sundays means they can sin every OTHER day of the week.

When the full surrender happens, when God's Grace descends, it is the most beautiful, awesome experience...it is extremely joyous and blissful...The Grace of God changes you in very SUBTLE ways over time... imperceptible to your cognition, but the heart knows it.

However, what if a Christian went to church and sang praises for 6-8 hours every day, seven days a week? What if I were to do my worship every day and not just on Mondays? What if I could extend being in Shiva's flow of Grace more often than my ego will allow itself to be subjugated? I mean it tolerates all of my full sacrificial submissions because it knows there is always an escape.. an "out"...there is always a "way back" until the Savikalpa Samadhi becomes Nirvikalpa Samadhi and surrender becomes a subconscious act, rather than a conscious one.

2. Did it change my life?

A few years ago, during one such episode of total, blind surrender to Lord Shiva while I was in a full Bhakti Trance (in love with God), His Grace pulled the Shakti, my Kundalini up my spine and into my skull where it remained for a period of a few weeks before eventually receding again so yeah, it dramatically changed my life.

This is why I need to go off here...ground myself...Work with it...Work through it because SF is one place that my ego also retreats to instead of focussing on what truly matters... getting this energy out through my crown chakra next time.

In quiet blissful contentment
There is no desire for any attainment
We may strive, we may race ...
Yet all enablements are solely by divine grace

As for contracting egoic fears
As we look at them, they disappear

Yet, if you must, do wander distant lands
Or rooted like a tree, surrender to accept & understand
As formless Oneness awareness there is no coming or going
There is only being-ness flowing and automatically becoming

Love & Light

Old 25-04-2019, 05:15 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

In quiet blissful contentment
There is no desire for any attainment
We may strive, we may race ...
Yet all enablements are solely by divine grace

As for contracting egoic fears
As we look at them, they disappear

Yet, if you must, do wander distant lands
Or rooted like a tree, surrender to accept & understand
As formless Oneness awareness there is no coming or going
There is only being-ness flowing and automatically becoming

Love & Light

This is very beautiful, Unseeking Seeker.

Thank you.

JL
Old 25-04-2019, 05:17 AM
janielee

Shivani Devi

I want to thank you for your detailed and thoughtful reply to my inquiries It's very kind of you - really.

I wish you the very best and may you find what your heart is seeking, yet again.

JL
Old 25-04-2019, 05:20 AM
Deactivated Account

2.Shiv Ji,Thank you for all the wisdom.Some I am yet to understand.

My question is,The great people like Mahavatar Babaji and other siddhas and yogis are able to get samadhi in a short period of time through Kriya yoga and Kundalini Pranayam a while other take decades for nothing even after practice.Lot of that knowledge is lost now only some of it is left. What can I do or ask the Divine mother or A yogi if I meet one to get the same growth in literally the same time by kriya yoga or Kundalini Pranayam/yoga?I Mean Any technicalities that I should be aware of?

It is a bit lengthy....:-)
Old 25-04-2019, 05:21 AM
Deactivated Account

Want to say my parting words as well....
Old 25-04-2019, 08:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
2.Shiv Ji,Thank you for all the wisdom.Some I am yet to understand.

My question is,The great people like Mahavatar Babaji and other siddhas and yogis are able to get samadhi in a short period of time through Kriya yoga and Kundalini Pranayam a while other take decades for nothing even after practice.Lot of that knowledge is lost now only some of it is left. What can I do or ask the Divine mother or A yogi if I meet one to get the same growth in literally the same time by kriya yoga or Kundalini Pranayam/yoga?I Mean Any technicalities that I should be aware of?

It is a bit lengthy....:-)
This all depends upon your previous Karma, my dear.

You stated previously in this thread that Moksha is not your intention and you still want to enjoy life, do your cybernaut training program, go to university, earn money, get a girlfriend, get married etc etc..

Of course you realise that to become enlightened in this lifetime, you have to give all of that up..become a total brahmachari for life and follow the path of Kriya Yoga and renunciation to the letter right?

Are you prepared to get up at Brahma Muhurta (4am) every morning and do three hours of intense Sadhana before breakfast?

Are you prepared to give up all meat, tea, coffee, tobacco, energy drinks, sodas, sugar, salt, sweetmeats, Horlicks, tiffin?

Are you prepared to go for two days a week fasting on water only?

Are you prepared to chant 1008 rounds of either Gayatri Mantra, Maha Mantra or Mahamrityunjaya Mantra every day?

Are you prepared to do one hour of pranayama practice daily?

Are you prepared to give up Television, Cinemas, Bollywood, Netflix, YouTube, Facebook, Internet and spend that time studying the scriptures instead?

If you have answered "no" to ANY of these, then what you are seeking cannot be achieved!

If you make up excuses as to why you cannot do any of these things, then what you are seeking cannot be achieved.

It takes a lot of sacrifice to become enlightened...are you ready for it?
Old 25-04-2019, 08:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Shivani Devi

I want to thank you for your detailed and thoughtful reply to my inquiries It's very kind of you - really.

I wish you the very best and may you find what your heart is seeking, yet again.

JL
Thank you so much.

Tonight is my final night... tomorrow I am away around lunch time here.

I appreciate all your support, all your advice and everything you have done.

I may pop in from time to time after a month or three and I hope to see you around.

If not, I wish you all the best of love, light and happiness too...take care.
Old 25-04-2019, 08:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
This all depends upon your previous Karma, my dear.

You stated previously in this thread that Moksha is not your intention and you still want to enjoy life, do your cybernaut training program, go to university, earn money, get a girlfriend, get married etc etc..

Of course you realise that to become enlightened in this lifetime, you have to give all of that up..become a total brahmachari for life and follow the path of Kriya Yoga and renunciation to the letter right?

Are you prepared to get up at Brahma Muhurta (4am) every morning and do three hours of intense Sadhana before breakfast?

Are you prepared to give up all meat, tea, coffee, tobacco, energy drinks, sodas, sugar, salt, sweetmeats, Horlicks, tiffin?

Are you prepared to go for two days a week fasting on water only?

Are you prepared to chant 1008 rounds of either Gayatri Mantra, Maha Mantra or Mahamrityunjaya Mantra every day?

Are you prepared to do one hour of pranayama practice daily?

Are you prepared to give up Television, Cinemas, Bollywood, Netflix, YouTube, Facebook, Internet and spend that time studying the scriptures instead?

If you have answered "no" to ANY of these, then what you are seeking cannot be achieved!

If you make up excuses as to why you cannot do any of these things, then what you are seeking cannot be achieved.

It takes a lot of sacrifice to become enlightened...are you ready for it?

With respect, I strongly disagree with what you have stated here.

Sure, a certain amount of sacrifice is necessary, but you don’t have to become a monk or nun in a monastery to become enlightened. There are plenty of them who would live exactly the sort of lifestyle you have described, yet they will not reach enlightenment in this lifetime. On the other hand, there are others who have done nothing or very little to deserve it and still go much further on the path.

Like you said, there are karmic factors, but ultimately, it is a question of divine grace, which remains as mysterious as always. To put it in crude terms, does the Goddess like you? Does she think you’re worthy of her affection and her gifts? It is a bit like trying to win the heart of a Lady, something us guys know a lot about.

A simple gesture may go a lot further in winning her affections than twenty years of mindless chanting. She really doesn’t ask for much, basically, don’t be an arsehole, be kind, gentle, generous and simple of heart. Open up to her Love, her Divine Grace and give yourself over willingly. People waste an awful lot of time on technique, when it is really about substance. Open up your heart and divine light will come pouring in. Thus, you will be enlightened. It really is that simple.