Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 06-02-2024, 04:33 AM
Administrator
What is True Love?

Hello

You care about this person unconditionally. A tell-tale sign that you’ve found true love is that you absolutely and undeniably adore your partner with no strings attached. In other words, no matter what circumstances may befall you and through good times as well as bad, you support and deeply care for this person. Unconditional love is at the very heart of what true love means and entails.

We are always individuals, yet we seek out that one person to bond with to be with, to partner with. "Till death do us part" is common in vows. I know that feeling of being there in the good and bad times, to work though issues that would tear most apart. To be so tested that you think no more can be taken on. Yet somehow you keep going forwards. Yet we at times go forwards on our own power.

Is there such a thing as unconditional love? Or do we seek out that love to fill a void in our own space and time ? To break free of a situation or place?

Lynn
Old 06-02-2024, 05:00 AM
Dude111

Thank you Lynn
Old 06-02-2024, 08:39 AM
Pathfinder

I thought that I loved someone truly and before this happened, this person gave me something and before she showed me what it is, she asked me to promise to protect it forever. I agreed. She gave me a stone. I truly intended to keep the promise. But I lost the stone. As much as I tried, I failed. Ive come to see that this was God showing me something about love.
Old 06-02-2024, 03:40 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Is there such a thing as unconditional love?

If one of your children murdered somebody in cold blood, would you love them any less than you do now?
Old 06-02-2024, 03:59 PM
Master
[b] I don't know I can't answer this one because I've never my life yet but I don't think it'll happen to me now I can't compete with this with a pretty beautiful ones
But I've got a lovely nature inside and put the can't see that I'd serve us for ever get to very love with the right man I will let you know

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 06-02-2024, 05:51 PM
Master
Yes, in my opinion, true love is unconditional, but it may be difficult to be unconditional with someone who does not love you unconditionally. What I am saying is that unconditional love is best when it is given and received. Loving someone unconditionally who is abusing you is unhealthy.

We seek unconditional love because spiritually we receive unconditional love. But the world we live in is conditional; our very existence in this world is based on conditions. So sharing unconditional love in a conditional world, in my opinion, requires a strong commitment.

The only truly unconditional love which I know comes from God, and I attempt to love God unconditionally. But as far as human beings are concerned; we may tell a child who messes up “I love you but I do not like what you did.” But most will not say that to an adult, we hold adults more responsible than we do little children..

Unconditional love is basically having unconditional positive regard for a person, or all people. It means I am not going to harm you or be vindictive towards you. I have unconditional positive regard for your being. That is what unconditional love means to me. But I do understand that the term “unconditional love” is often applied to romantic relationships, marriage, and or family members. Sometimes it is easier to love a stranger unconditionally than it is someone who is close to you.
Old 06-02-2024, 10:12 PM
Master
EXCERPT QUOTE 1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn

You care about this person unconditionally. A tell-tale sign that you’ve found true love is that you absolutely and undeniably adore your partner with no strings attached.

My understanding of true pure love is very similar to Lynn's. My understanding dawned on me while reading the classic Hindu epic, the Ramayana, many years ago.

Simply put, pure love is acting in the best interests of the beloved with no expectation of a return.

On a more universal basis, pure love is acting in the best interests of the TOTALITY with no expectation of a return.

Determining what is "in the best interests" of the Beloved/Totality can be quite challenging as "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".
Old 06-02-2024, 10:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Determining what is "in the best interests" of the Beloved/Totality can be quite challenging as "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

it gets easier to see through the glare if you truly act in a way that isn't meant to get a return... when you don't want things to be a certain way you are more open to letting them be what they are than you are invested in trying to manipulate situations.

Unfortunately, it seems very much against our nature to do anything without weighing in what we think we are going to get out of our activities (think of all the LOA practitioners for example, and all those others who know to think 'good thoughts' to get desirable returns).
Old 07-02-2024, 06:16 PM
Master
QUOTE 8 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
it gets easier to see through the glare if you truly act in a way that isn't meant to get a return... when you don't want things to be a certain way you are more open to letting them be what they are than you are invested in trying to manipulate situations.

Unfortunately, it seems very much against our nature to do anything without weighing in what we think we are going to get out of our activities

That's exactly where I was going ! Excellent points !
Old 08-02-2024, 07:34 AM
Experiencer
for me true love is acceptance of all that is

and out of acceptance of all that is comes harmony, lovely way of being

add some passion, wonder and connectedness to all that is and you have unconditional love an awesome way of being

until some thing happens and my mind starts its drama and its all gone

its so awesome to be a human being and the awesome ways of being you can experience here, just love being