Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 05-03-2013, 05:16 AM
jhon alen

Thanks

Thanks for this post
Old 28-03-2013, 07:24 PM
HarmonyWithTheUniverse

I have a lot of physical disabilities but so badly wanted to do yoga to strengthen my overall body. It is a very physical workout, however I am doing it one on one with a yoga instructor so that she does it on an individual basis and takes it at whatever pace you need to go. You don't have to worry about keeping up with the rest of the class, etc. It's just you and the instructor doing what you can and going at whatever pace you can.....just thought I'd mention this option to you
Old 24-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Kenneath

Hi Seven,
You can do a little research online, there are so many resources available on internet like you-tube and there are also websites that teach yoga at every level online if that is something that you would prefer. just spend some time on internet and Google.
Old 21-09-2013, 05:53 PM
helping soul

Yoga Class

Yoga classes just tend to give that bit more motivation and dedication rather than doing it at home, it is also picking up the vibe and energy from the surroundings and having (hopefully) an experienced teacher to watch you are doing things right

Some principles of yoga

http://www.sortyoursoul.com/yoga---b...-and-soul.html
Old 02-01-2014, 07:06 PM
annayogini

The first time I tried yoga, it was just by watching CDs. It didn't work out so well. I enrolled in classes and it was great because I had someone correct my form. I think it's important when you're just starting out.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:28 PM
annayogini

As a beginner, nothing beats joining a class first.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:46 AM
CJ82Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikael
I use this site from home - it's very good for beginners.

http://www.doyogawithme.com/

They have a "Beginner's Studio" section with easier yoga sessions. I do also suggest trying again with classes, as you most likely threw yourself into a yoga class that wasn't for beginners

I just started using this site as well and absolutely love it!!! there are no classes near me (and i live in a remote area) so this is great because there are short vids that explain poses, and longer ones that go through a series, and they are easy to classify by skill level, length, and more. really great!!!
Old 27-02-2014, 07:27 AM
Knower
I agree with what most of you said - joining a class gives you motivation, the initial introduction that you need, and it also gives you a good guide on how long to hold a posture, or how much to push yourself, if you get the right teacher. I was lucky to get a great teacher that puts emphasis on going gentle on your body - you're not trying to force and push your muscles, you're gently stretching and persuading them. The focus should also be on your breathing, and to try master that on your own is sometimes a challenge - it was for me.
When you allow yourself to flow, you allow yourself to live. When you allow yourself to be happy, you allow others to be happy around you. When you allow yourself to be whole, you help heal those around you.
Old 27-02-2014, 08:01 AM
Master

I'm thinking of ditching my yoga class. My teacher is lovely but very much focuses on the good people and it's a hotch-potch of strong, flexible people who can breathe. Me, I can't do any of that. I have a working knowledge of yoga enough to know i am not keeping up, I can't do the asanas and i know when they are wrong and I'm not corrected or adjusted or stretched. But the bendy / strong people are pushed harder and further and i'm sad in the corner.

I've addressed this with him and the next class he has me doing something different instead of the handstands - but week after week it's destroying my confidence.

I don't know in the area where to find a beginner's yoga class.
Old 27-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Master

Two months ago, I started having some aches and pains in my left leg and right side of my stomach just above the hip bone. I had to stop going to yoga class as a result. After rest of about ten to twelve days, I started doing yoga at home and it is working nicely for me. Of course, I have a ton of yoga books, guides and manuals to refer to when I have questions and they help. A big advantage of doing yoga on your own is you can adjust poses and personalize yoga routine to best fit your needs. Yoga class is a good option but not the only way to do yoga.