Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-09-2016, 09:57 AM
Knower

Anybody else wake up early during awakening process?

I've become to regularly, like every other day almost, wake up at 3, 4, 5 am, sometimes 2am, because I can't go back to sleep. I usually meditate until I feel somewhat functional. I'm someone that always needed more than 10 hours of sleep, now I'm getting less than 6 and feeling Ok, starting to scare me. I'm sure the meditation causes me to need a little less sleep though. Does this happen to anyone else? I also find that there is a weird energy at these hours that I think is good for meditation, it almost feels like time is standing still when your up at 3am.
Old 13-09-2016, 10:00 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

It almost seems like you're in the best meditation mindstate when your up at 3am.
Old 13-09-2016, 10:12 AM
Master
The hours from 3am - 5am....we call that Brahma Murtha.

It is the best time for meditation and to do spiritual things...the local vibration and energy is pretty low and relaxed at that time...less interference...

However, yes...some people find that after 2hrs meditating, they don't need to sleep at all.

If you are having problems sleeping and want to go back to sleep, or at least find a state resembling it to give the body a rest instead of just the mind, try Yoga Nidra (Yogic Sleep)...it requires you to just tense up and relax each body muscle one by one until you fall into a state of visualisation or lucid dreaming and you can astrally project in Yoga Nidra too.

All the best.
Old 13-09-2016, 01:12 PM
Knower

I usually rise around 4.00, but lately, yes, I wake around 1.00 and toss and turn for a couple of hours. I do think the energy flow of the galaxy, and by extension, the universe, is having a profound effect on sensitives everywhere.

Got to just let it flow through and around.
Old 13-09-2016, 01:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kybe333
I've become to regularly, like every other day almost, wake up at 3, 4, 5 am, sometimes 2am, because I can't go back to sleep. I usually meditate until I feel somewhat functional. I'm someone that always needed more than 10 hours of sleep, now I'm getting less than 6 and feeling Ok, starting to scare me. I'm sure the meditation causes me to need a little less sleep though. Does this happen to anyone else? I also find that there is a weird energy at these hours that I think is good for meditation, it almost feels like time is standing still when your up at 3am.

I wake up about three or four toss for a few hours or more. It has only been happening the last three months or so. Today I finally managed to go back to sleep at eight am and slept till twelve which I cant normally do but thankgoodness I could.( I needed the catch up after constant sleep disturbances)

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 13-09-2016, 02:16 PM
Master

When I was young I could sleep long and uninterrupted. Now that I am older I am a very light sleeper and since menopause am subject to insomnia waking up multiple time during the wee hours of the morning.
Old 13-09-2016, 07:53 PM
Deactivated Account
I usualy wake up at arround 2~3 am, having increased sharpness of thoughts, sometime writing them down, because i know i couldnt remember them later (not in the form in which they come).

(sometime i do ask to have guidance ...)
Old 15-09-2016, 06:23 PM
Guide

As Necromancer mentioned, it's called Brahma Murtha, an auspicious time for beginning any spiritual activity. The element Akasha is at it's highest point during that period of time. So if you wake up at that time, you can take advantage of that fact. Whatever you do, whether it's meditation or yoga related, do it facing an Eastern direction because that's the direction that the Sun is rising in during the morning.
Old 16-09-2016, 03:47 AM
Experiencer
Yeeep, I used to sleep 12 hours when I was younger, dropped to like 7-8 hours when entered UNI and started working, but could still sleep around 10 hours during weekends or public holidays. Now I sleep like 8 hours and I am fine (less than 8 would make me moody though hahaha)
So yes, it is definitely related.