Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-03-2024, 05:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Sky,

Thanks……that is good if the one saying it means it……:)

Obviously
A Christian could reply with, may God be with you too....
Old 06-03-2024, 06:31 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Obviously
A Christian could reply with, may God be with you too....

Made me think of my ‘time in Germany……the part I lived used a greeting rather than a farewell of ‘gross Gott’(sorry I have no German type with umlauts etc) basically meaning God’s greetings to you. Northern Germans, however, might choose to understand that as ‘greet God’ to which they might reply ‘ if I see him’…..:). It might be out of fashion now as the country becomes more secular. Anyway I always appreciated hearing people greet me that way……I like that a greeting presupposes good will rather than a farewell (which has given one time to judge you)……‘gruss’ instead of ‘gross’…..that darn autocorrect…..:)
Old 06-03-2024, 09:51 PM
Master

I think a scary thing about someone saying "my God be with you" is it means they think it's possible for God to not be with a person.
Old 06-03-2024, 10:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Namaste. ..?.? Anyone knows what that means ?

It is a very nice Hindu greeting's transliteration of an expression used generally for honor and respect. It has many diffeent translations and adopted by many cultures, in and outside of Hinduism.

The translation I like is "the god in me, greets the god in you."

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 06-03-2024, 10:18 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I think a scary thing about someone saying "my God be with you" is it means they think it's possible for God to not be with a person.

Maisy,

It would only be scary if we assumed everyone shares our spiritual understanding. I regard it as an expression of loving intention…..and, thus, requires our forgiveness both for them and ourselves. This is assuming a typo was made ? Is it ‘my God’ or ‘may God’ ? I have never heard anyone say to me….”my God be with you”…..that would raise my eyebrows……:)
Old 06-03-2024, 11:40 PM
Molearner

Back to the OP……it occurred to me that most of us mimic Jesus in a way…..we have our secrets that we just don’t share with everyone…..we all have our select audiences…..what I know and what I share are two very different things…..protecting both me and them……everyone should have the freedom to learn their own lessons……and maybe have an epiphany…….
Old 07-03-2024, 04:07 AM
Master

Quote:
……everyone should have the freedom to learn their own lessons……and maybe have an epiphany…….

I think that is a higher way to think of it, understanding others have to find their own learning in their own way and time. Yea I meant may in that post. I make a lot of spelling mistakes as I type fast. It's kind of hard to correct them too as I get logged out while trying to get to edit screen.
Old 07-03-2024, 07:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Made me think of my ‘time in Germany……the part I lived used a greeting rather than a farewell of ‘gross Gott’(sorry I have no German type with umlauts etc) basically meaning God’s greetings to you.

Nice memories Mo
Old 07-03-2024, 07:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Back to the OP……it occurred to me that most of us mimic Jesus in a way…

So we can move naturally to imitating Him
Old 07-03-2024, 12:50 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
So we can move naturally to imitating Him

As above, so below,,,,,:)