Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-02-2024, 08:42 AM
Master

One thing I wonder about the writing story is if Jesus could write, why didn't he write down his teachings? But then I guess because biblical scholars tell us that illiteracy rates in Jesus's world were somewhere around 98 percent. 98 percent of Jesus's fellow Jews could neither read nor write. So not much point in writing down anything I guess.
Old 06-02-2024, 09:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
That story sure is interesting to me. I have so many questions.

Could the whole story be a metaphor?

Earthly stories with Spiritual meanings. Imo it's not about 'Wine'.... It's about 'Transformation'.
Is He referring to the ritual cleansings/requirements of the Old Covenant to the once for all washing/cleansing of Baptism in the New Covenant. Just my thoughts....
Old 06-02-2024, 09:19 AM
Master
Quote:
One thing I wonder about the writing story is if Jesus could write, why didn't he write down his teachings?
He had His own PA team I actually believe He was highly educated and would have been literate...
Old 06-02-2024, 02:03 PM
Master
Quote:
One thing I wonder about the writing story is if Jesus could write, why didn't he write down his teachings?
There are other famous people who never 'wrote' anything........

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-02-2024, 05:29 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Earthly stories with Spiritual meanings. Imo it's not about 'Wine'.... It's about 'Transformation'.
Is He referring to the ritual cleansings/requirements of the Old Covenant to the once for all washing/cleansing of Baptism in the New Covenant. Just my thoughts....

Sky,

This is touching on some of the great symbolism of this first miracle of Jesus. The water in those stoneware water pots was intended for ritual washings for purification. External cleansing if you will. The change into wine can be seen as the offer for internal cleansing. This is only a small part of the great overall symbolism of this miracle…….
Old 06-02-2024, 05:47 PM
Quote:
illiteracy rates in Jesus's world were somewhere around 98 percent. 98 percent of Jesus's fellow Jews could neither read nor write. So not much point in writing down anything I guess.
I see what you mean, Maisy - why write things down (himself or have a personal secretary to)...when most in the land were illiterate.
AND it seems scriptures to date were being squabbled over and misinterpreted many times anyway.
I believe his example and especially his healings spoke volumes.

Since his literacy was brought up: ''According to Luke 4:17, Jesus, visiting the synagogue at Nazareth, was handed "the book
of the prophet Isaiah" and "found the place" where the opening verses of this chapter were written.''
It said online at 6 yrs old he would have been sent to school.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-02-2024, 06:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Sky,
This is only a small part of the great overall symbolism of this miracle…….
Yes I do understand it's only a 'small part' but I haven't got to the other pieces that make up the whole picture yet, I'm a bit slow
Old 06-02-2024, 06:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Since his literacy was brought up: ''According to Luke 4:17, Jesus, visiting the synagogue at Nazareth, was handed "the book
of the prophet Isaiah" and "found the place" where the opening verses of this chapter were written.''

That "book of the prophet Isaiah", probably was written in Hebrew, which adds an interesting 'twist' to the story.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-02-2024, 06:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Interesting thought:

Baptism, from my perspective, came from the Jewish religion. Before Jesus started his ministry, John the Baptist got the name of Baptist because he was doing baptisms and he was doing them in the Jewish religion.

Old 06-02-2024, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
That "book of the prophet Isaiah", probably was written in Hebrew, which adds an interesting 'twist' to the story.
Because he spoke Arabic -so adds he was super educated?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru