Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 05-11-2019, 03:18 PM
Pathfinder

Im not becoming a christian, and you dont know whats true anymore than anyone else
Old 05-11-2019, 04:13 PM
Seeker

sorry if i offended you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickswordfish
Im not becoming a christian, and you dont know whats true anymore than anyone else

Not trying to come off rude or pretentious; just stating that maybe you are witnessing these realities because it's a truth that should be accepted! Don't be so hard up on the realities that chose to show up in your life.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:36 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmxnz
Not trying to come off rude or pretentious; just stating that maybe you are witnessing these realities because it's a truth that should be accepted! Don't be so hard up on the realities that chose to show up in your life.

Are you saying the bible is the word of god?
Old 05-11-2019, 05:39 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Do a little research yourself RS and you will find thousands of prophecies that have not come true
Don't worry about them nor allow them to upset you....

The bible was written a long time ago when people had a very different mindset and believed in magic/mysterious things....

This verse prophesies that Damascus will be completely destroyed and no longer be inhabited. Yet Damascus has never been completely destroyed and is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities. 17:1

This verse predicts that there shall be five cities in Egypt that speak the Canaanite language. But that language was never spoken in Egypt, and it is extinct now. 19:18

Henceforth there shall no more come into thee [Jerusalem] the uncircumcised and the unclean." But many uncircumcised people have visited and occupied Jerusalem after this prophecy was made. 52:1

Nations that do not serve Israel will perish. 60:12

Jeremiah prophesies that all nations of the earth will embrace Judaism. This has not happened. 3:17

All those who move to Egypt will die by the sword, famine, or pestilence. None "shall escape from the evil" that comes directly from God. But many, including Jews, have moved to Egypt and most seem to have escaped from God's promised evil. 42:15-18, 22

Here are just a few more RS to try and help you see that you shouldn't be worried about so called phrophecies, as thousands have not come true...

I dont need a list of prophecies that you claim are wrong I need a rational explanation for the ones that have come true
Old 05-11-2019, 06:22 PM
Master
Quote:
I dont need a list of prophecies that you claim are wrong I need a rational explanation for the ones that have come true

Well do a little research then yourself
Old 05-11-2019, 06:24 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Well do a little research then yourself

What am I supposed to look up
Old 06-11-2019, 08:34 PM
Pathfinder

I cant do this alone I need help
Old 06-11-2019, 11:13 PM
Pathfinder

How common were droughts and famines in ancient israel
Old 08-11-2019, 07:25 PM
Master
Quote:
I want the bible to not be the word of god, but its getting harder for me to believe that it isnt because alot of bible prophecies have seemingly come to pass, does anybody have rational explanations as to why so many prophecies have seemingly come true?

Prophecies are vague and people can fit it into any time they wish. There are always conflicts between humans, corrupt politicians, and wars. There are always different cultures and practices that for believers will be signs that things have gone astray in society.

People can see prophecies anywhere they want because it relies on our imagination and our need to have meaning in life and a place in the universe. Our brain also seeks patterns, which can often be false. Every prophecy is self fulfilling.

You aren't the first to see prophecies and you certainly won't be the last.
Old 13-11-2019, 12:09 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
If your a christian please go away

I don't believe you have a right to tell someone to go away on this forum.

This is an open forum and this is a Religions and faith sub forum.

BigJohn has every right to participate.

I feel it is wrong, wrong, wrong, for you to tell him to go away.