Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 05-01-2011, 12:23 PM
blueIce

past lives, regression, and karma

this question has been annoying me for a while so I guess this is the perfect chance to get some feedback from people who don't know me.

I have been dealing with a lot lately, and fears have come to me in different forms over the past few years that just doesn't make sense. i.e. the emotion or magnitude of that emotion doesn't fit the situation. After some research, I made an appointment to see one of the world's foremost experts in past life regression and have to wait almost a year to see them. I chose to do this because I heard this person say in an interview that we carry over fears and other emotions from previous lives and this is why figuring out how to deal with them is so difficult for many and that the regressions have helped a lot of people.

Now, after I made my appointment I told someone I know about it as I was enthused. They told me that learning what your past lives are means that you inherit the karma from those lives into the current one, thus making this life more difficult. This is something I also remember reading in a Hermetics book, but it had to do with someone using hermetic methods to attain the knowledge of the past lives.

So what are your thoughts on this? Is it bad to find out what your past lives are? Will it affect your karma? I have enough **** on the burner and don't want to add to the stench

P.S. I should mention that as of late, the more this person I know tells me, the more I tend not to trust them, which is making this all the more confusing.

thanks
Old 05-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueIce
this question has been annoying me for a while so I guess this is the perfect chance to get some feedback from people who don't know me.

I have been dealing with a lot lately, and fears have come to me in different forms over the past few years that just doesn't make sense. i.e. the emotion or magnitude of that emotion doesn't fit the situation. After some research, I made an appointment to see one of the world's foremost experts in past life regression and have to wait almost a year to see them. I chose to do this because I heard this person say in an interview that we carry over fears and other emotions from previous lives and this is why figuring out how to deal with them is so difficult for many and that the regressions have helped a lot of people.

Now, after I made my appointment I told someone I know about it as I was enthused. They told me that learning what your past lives are means that you inherit the karma from those lives into the current one, thus making this life more difficult. This is something I also remember reading in a Hermetics book, but it had to do with someone using hermetic methods to attain the knowledge of the past lives.

So what are your thoughts on this? Is it bad to find out what your past lives are? Will it affect your karma? I have enough **** on the burner and don't want to add to the stench

P.S. I should mention that as of late, the more this person I know tells me, the more I tend not to trust them, which is making this all the more confusing.

thanks

That has never been my understanding. If th elife is pertinent to this life and the lessons that you are learnig or has something to do with difficult relationships, a regression can be extremely helpful. If the karma is there, then the karma is there, regardless if you are consciously aware of it or not.

Last edited by Summerland : 05-01-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Enya

I think you should trust what your intuition is telling you about this person and trust your own instincts with regards to regression.

For me, past life info has always brought insight and healing. Once it happened for the specific purpose of *clearing* a karmic debt, so that blows your friend's theory out of the water...
Old 06-01-2011, 01:43 AM
blueIce

My intuition tells me it would be a positive thing and might be the key to solving some life-long problems I've struggled with for as long as I can remember.

thanks for the advice
Old 06-01-2011, 03:23 AM
Summerland

Quote:
My intuition tells me it would be a positive thing and might be the key to solving some life-long problems I've struggled with for as long as I can remember.

thanks for the advice

blueIce, that sounds like a move in the right direction considering the other issues in your life right now. Issues may not always be clear as to how they affect you , but it will become more clear. Make sure that you do get a recording of the rergessionas you will remember more as you listen to it over again.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:16 AM
blueIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
blueIce, that sounds like a move in the right direction considering the other issues in your life right now. Issues may not always be clear as to how they affect you , but it will become more clear. Make sure that you do get a recording of the rergessionas you will remember more as you listen to it over again.

Thanks summerland, I will. The sessions are recorded. I forget her name now, but the lady who does the regressions was the first (as far as I know) who ever did them, at least in this country and she's been doing it for like 40 or 50 years. She's quite old, and from what I remember she takes people into extremely deep hypnosis where other people refuse to bring you. I forget her name, but I think she wrote a book called The Convoluted Universe. I actually have to get on a plane to get there. Is it Dolores Canon?

Anyway, I also put down my girlfriend's name as I think it would be good for her and maybe help us solve some of our relationship problems if we both did it. I'm just waiting for the right moment to tell her about it, and hopefully we will have worked things out by the time the appointments for us are ready next fall. I set this up a few months back and was going to tell her during the holiday, but now just seems like totally the wrong time given our current situation.

And also, I think it's time for me to let that "friend" go. I have been struggling with this for a while because he is my only friend, and I never fought with him, and we called each other brothers. It's just like my spirit tells me something is dreadfully wrong, wether he lies, or tries to influence me, something just feels very wrong to me and I think my own fears of being 100% friendless stood in the way of cutting him off in the past. Especially because he's the most laid back person I've met and seems like the nicest. Maybe I just need to go with my gut on this. If he is doing things, and I know he meddles with things he is not mature enough to handle fully, I don't know how to remedy the effects, to cleanse, protect, etc.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Gauss

Hi there!

You should really read the book Zhuan Falun to get a grip on the logics of karma-virtue.

It is said in cultivation circles that one brings two substances along from past lives: karma(debts) and virtue(credit). That means you may owe other people and therefore they mistreat you here and you must suffer that to be able to pack. Hence you must eliminate all desires, emotions and attachments or else you can not handle the mistreatment without striking back....

I quote a short section about the subject here:

What is demonic interference in cultivation? It is the interference that we often run into in qigong practice. How does qigong practice invite demonic interference? There is actually much difficulty when one wants to practice cultivation. One simply cannot succeed in genuine cultivation without the protection of my fashen. As soon as you step out the door, your life may be in danger. One’s Primordial Spirit does not become extinct. Then, in your social activities in past lives, you might once have owed others, bullied others, or committed other wrongdoing. Those creditors will look for you. It is said in Buddhism that one lives because of karmic retribution. If you owe someone something, he will find you for the repayment. If he gets too much repayment, he will have to return the surplus to you the next time around. If a son disrespects his parents, they will trade places in the next life. This is how it cycles on and on. But we have indeed observed demonic interference, which prevents you from practicing qigong. All these have karmic relationships and are not without reason. It will not be allowed to be so without a reason.

Please read the full book and a new world will open up to you - this is real truth and that is why 100 million people started cultivation in Falun Dafa duiring 7 years(before the communists banned it and slanderred it)...

Book link for free download: http://www.falundafa.org/eng/books.html

You should also try the exercises, chances are you will get a peaceful serenity in your mind if you do them:

http://www.falundafa.org/bul/audio-v...deo_video.html

Wish you good luck!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Enya

Quote:
Thanks summerland, I will. The sessions are recorded. I forget her name now, but the lady who does the regressions was the first (as far as I know) who ever did them, at least in this country and she's been doing it for like 40 or 50 years. She's quite old, and from what I remember she takes people into extremely deep hypnosis where other people refuse to bring you. I forget her name, but I think she wrote a book called The Convoluted Universe. I actually have to get on a plane to get there. Is it Dolores Canon?
Dolores Canon is the foremost authority on deep past-life regression, much respected. You're very lucky to get a session with her.
Old 29-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Maya7

Hi BlueIce

Wow, that is something interesting indeed.

I have never heard such a thing, nor do I resonate any belief to it. Learning about your past lives or going into a regression is no different than talking to your friends about the trip you took 10 years ago, and they help you remember something that happened that you forgot, which today can make a difference for the better in your life.

I think work of individuals like Brain Weiss is super valuable and important. And while a past life regression or knowing about our past lives is not necessary, it can definitely help in some ways.

When I was looking at research myself, I came across this video featuring a medium that I resonated with right away, I like what he had to say about past lives and it may help you too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkWQeOErkxM

Cheers!