Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 25-10-2006, 04:04 AM
GoldChord

Hi Sikh,

Wow, sounds like you are having meditation adventures. I'm going to tell you what I think - but remember that I have not much knowledge about these things and there are others on this forum more experienced who can offer deeper insight. But here's what I understand.

It does not matter whether you are a beginner or not - this has no bearing about what you can do, who you see or who you can talk to. You are obviously ready to see these things or you wouldn't be seeing them. Trust this. If you read the Angels and Guides thread you might find some better help with this.

As I understand it guides can take many different forms - they are not necessarily human - so do not automatically assume that what visited you was 'demonic' as you put it.

I have also heard that if it was something truly 'bad' you would know it - I mean _really_ know it - not just be a bit freaked out by it. There are strategies of grounding that you might use to protect yourself while meditating and will also give you peace of mind while you are out and about on the spiritual plane. Again I really urge you to read some other threads on the forum as there is some really good insights and strategies from more experienced members out there.

Good luck
Old 30-10-2006, 01:48 AM
SIKH

iv'e onli had about 2 experiences so far in meditating and the old man thing was sumthing i saw since youth, but it eventually disapears and i never get a chance to explore wat /who he is.
i keep feeling like im doing sumthing wrong, i onli had 2 experiences so far and i have bin trying to meditate for about a month now. i onli get the colour experinces and the waves, but i had those since i was a kid.
i also wanted to know if i can start trying the astral project aready with jus 2 experinces so far?
Old 30-10-2006, 12:34 PM
dreamer

Hey Sikh, it's all there waiting to come out, all you need to do is relax and it will come - be patient and enjoy what is already coming your way and you will be given more.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:31 PM
AL

Ask yourself, 'what do I want from meditation'?
If it is to SEE interesting things, that could distract you from SEEING in a deeper way.
Try not to get too caught up in the visuals and consider that meditation is for emerging the long lost spiritual qualitys and values from within, the inner beauty which lives in us all. The experience of true spiritual love for self and others. True deep peace is far more inspiring than to see images, which is interesting, and may well have purpose, but is a stepping stone to the true aims and objects. The inner virtues of the original self. Bliss.
I hope I am not dampenning anyones enthusiasm, just tempering things a little.
Peace.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:23 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL
Ask yourself, 'what do I want from meditation'?
If it is to SEE interesting things, that could distract you from SEEING in a deeper way.
Try not to get too caught up in the visuals and consider that meditation is for emerging the long lost spiritual qualitys and values from within, the inner beauty which lives in us all. The experience of true spiritual love for self and others. True deep peace is far more inspiring than to see images, which is interesting, and may well have purpose, but is a stepping stone to the true aims and objects. The inner virtues of the original self. Bliss.
I hope I am not dampenning anyones enthusiasm, just tempering things a little.
Peace.

That does not dampen my enthusiasm for meditation AL. It sounds to me to be very wise advice.

Kundalini.
Closed Thread