Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 16-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Suggs

Religion is Man-Made

In my quest to understand what I believed I found that I could not come to grips with some of the customs and beliefs of that all religions have. It wasn't until I stopped trying to fit myself into someone elses box that I found Spirituality and the relationship between my soul and my ego/personality. There is numerous amounts of literature on this topic which helped me rrelease myself from the need for religion.

That is not to say that I do not believe in someone like Jesus Christ, in fact I believe he did live and was a great human being, just like Ganhdi, Sister Terrasa, and others living amongst us now.

If you left religion out of it and realized we are all made up of the same spiritual energy, we could avoid alot of problems.

"...no Religion too..." - John Lennon

Suggs
Old 19-12-2005, 06:32 AM
slnewkirk

Re: Religion is Man-Made

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suggs
That is not to say that I do not believe in someone like Jesus Christ, in fact I believe he did live and was a great human being, just like Ganhdi, Sister Terrasa, and others living amongst us now.

If you left religion out of it and realized we are all made up of the same spiritual energy, we could avoid alot of problems.

"...no Religion too..." - John Lennon

Suggs

Amen to that!
I had a difficult time coming to grips with "Religion". The being who is me has always identified more with Eastern beliefs (Reincarnation and such). I was lead to beleave that being a Christian meant I had to deny my inner beliefs. I have now accepted that we all searve the same Source God, and have multiple ways of learning the lessons we chouse for this world. Our teachers can be Buddha, Jesus Christ or whoever as long as we learn the lessons of Universal Law.

In Peace and Love,
Scott L Newkirk.
Old 19-12-2005, 11:18 AM
DASA

Quotation from an Enlightened Soul

So one has to come to the religious principle on the spiritual platform. That is real 'dharma'.

"The supreme occupation [dharma] for all humanity is that by which men can attain to loving devotional service unto the transcendent Lord. Such devotional service must be unmotivated and uninterrupted to completely satisfy the self." Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.2.6

It doesn't matter what religious system you are following. Because actually religion means to abide by the orders of God. That is religion. Simply definition of religion. Just like good citizen means who abides by the state laws. He does not break the state laws. Similarly, any person, it doesn't matter whether he is Hindu, Muslim, Christian or this or that. It doesn't matter. If he is a devotee of the Supreme Lord, then his religion system is first class.

Generally, we have love for these material things. First of all myself, centered round my personal body, then extended in the family, then extended in the society, then extended in the community or nation. In this way we are extending. But these are all bodily concept of life. When we actually develop our love for God, that is real religion... That is first-class religion.

A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
Old 21-12-2005, 12:28 AM
Space_Man

Yeah
Old 21-12-2005, 02:41 AM
Cynthia

loneliness = togetherness

I have to just say, as I am looking over this here thread, that from where I am in life I have met more people (from all background faiths) that say in some sort of way "I follow my own religion". I think that in some way or another everyone that is spiritually alive recognizes this. AND you are not alone.....we of all different backgrounds are discussing this topic that is on our hearts. Not to long ago I was living far away from home and I met this massive group of really nice people.....they were all born again christians. I really liked them but I knew I couldn't join them (I was interested in wicca at the time) the way they would eventually want me to. I remember them speaking once about a girl in the group that had "finally become a christian" and that they were going to have a party for her for doing so. hhhhhmmmm. I guess the point of me telling you this is that sometimes I think people need the actual coming together with other human beings and they find this by joining a religion. Which isn't really a negative thing cause I think it is part of spiritual health to be able to do that. Anyway here we are with you Space_man!
Old 29-12-2005, 11:55 PM
Space_Man

Re: loneliness = togetherness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia
...sometimes I think people need the actual coming together with other human beings and they find this by joining a religion.
Oh, I definitely agree with you; religion certainly satisfies many people
Old 30-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Ramvolk

My View

I think there is much to be said for spirituality. To follow the word of another is only as good as the other. Jesus was our brother no better no worse. He simply understood God or Spirituality. We are all on a long road and it is funny how if we need to fix a health problem we always look to a second opinion but in religion we accept the word of one.

Personaly I dislike all religions. Do not get me wrong people coming together is never a bad thing. The true problem lies in the line go forth and multiply. Some how it has been changed in orginised religion to Divide and convert or be dammed. Spirituality is more hands on it is a intuitive conversation with God. The most important thing is it is a conversation that breeds no fear.

My idea of true religion is that we love each other so much we would die before division.

Matthew T Volk
www.frozenlife.ca
Old 04-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Space_Man

Re: My View

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramvolk
Jesus was our brother no better no worse. He simply understood God or Spirituality.
Personally, I sincerely believe that if Jesus could see what main-stream Christianity has become
Old 05-01-2006, 12:43 PM
DASA

Pro's and Con's of religion?

I agree with a lot of what you're saying Spaceman. Here's a few thoughts you might like to hear:

'Amongst many thousands of people, one may endeavour to discover the Absolute truth, and amongst many thousands of those one may achieve liberation from material consciousness, and then out of those who have achieved liberation, one in a thousand may actually know something about the Supreme Lord'.

So really, to judge 'religions' on the followers is not really a good process - look to the leaders who are inspiring the many. Are they perfect? Are they a good example?

Special souls such as Jesus, Mohammed, St. Francis, Buddha and Krishna have left us teachings by which we can perfect our lives, but they have to followed properly and with sincerity of heart.

Gouranga !!

your servant,

Das
Old 06-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Poppies

Re: My View

[quote=Space_Man]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramvolk
Jesus was our brother no better no worse. He simply understood God or Spirituality.
Personally, I sincerely believe that if Jesus could see what main-stream Christianity has become
Closed Thread