Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 31-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Master
Namaste.

To clarify this further, I shall post this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhedabheda

Quote:
The characteristic position of all the different Bhedābheda Vedānta schools is that the individual self (jīvātman) is both different and not different from the ultimate reality known as Brahman. Bhedābheda reconciles the positions of two other major schools of Vedānta. The Advaita (Non-dual) Vedānta that claims that the individual self is completely identical to Brahman, and the Dvaita (Dualist) Vedānta that teaches complete difference between the individual self and Brahman. Bādarāyaṇa’s Brahma Sūtra (c. 4th century CE) may also have been written from a Bhedābheda Vedāntic viewpoint.[1]

Each thinker within the Bhedābheda Vedānta tradition has their own particular understanding of the precise meanings of the philosophical terms "difference" and "non-difference". Bhedābheda Vedāntic ideas can traced to some of the very oldest Vedāntic texts, including quite possibly Bādarāyaṇa’s Brahma Sūtra (c. 4th century CE).

I also follow Shaiva Siddhanta which has it's roots back to the Pashupati school of Shaivism which views the self in both a 'bound' and 'unbound' state.

I could go into it all in much greater detail if you'd all like me to, I just don't appreciate the whole mockery:

Quote:
Wham Bam Ole' !!

Although, it just goes to show you how ignorant some can be, doesn't it?

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 31-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
school of Shaivism which views the self in both a 'bound' and 'unbound' state
Okay, I see where that's going. Bound and unbound. ME, and IT. So... different from the typical religious view which denigrates the ME while placing IT up upon a pedestal. I can dig that, guess that's why George Harrison could write,

Preacher at my church likes to talk about Satan.
Could be that he knows him, 'cause he acts like he's possessed.
I said, "Hey man, let's hear about God-realization for a change."
Old 31-05-2016, 01:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Okay, I see where that's going. Bound and unbound. ME, and IT. So... different from the typical religious view which denigrates the ME while placing IT up upon a pedestal. I can dig that, guess that's why George Harrison could write,

Preacher at my church likes to talk about Satan.
Could be that he knows him, 'cause he acts like he's possessed.
I said, "Hey man, let's hear about God-realization for a change."
No, my friend...it's like when George Harrison wrote "Within You and Without You" instead of just saying "Everywhere".

There's "me" there's "it" and there's "meit".

The whole thing is totally experiential and subjective and it's pointless for me to discuss it really. I just like talking about Shiva.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 31-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Master
Quote:
No, my friend...it's like when George Harrison wrote "Within You and Without You" instead of just saying "Everywhere".
Sure, but you missed my point I think. George Harrison believed as you do, but was still able to grok the concept of self-realization (ME) within the reality of IT. The ME in the IT, which a Christian for example has no concept or understanding of, or belief in. Typical religious understanding only recognizes/emphasizes the IT, and has no use for self-realization (ME) concepts.
Old 31-05-2016, 02:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Sure, but you missed my point I think. George Harrison believed as you do, but was still able to grok the concept of self-realization (ME) within the reality of IT. The ME in the IT, which a Christian for example has no concept or understanding of, or belief in. Typical religious understanding only recognizes/emphasizes the IT, and has no use for self-realization (ME) concepts.
Ah, okay then. I just let Siva totally fill me and do whatever Siva wants to do with me when I am receptive enough to actually go into it and feel it instead of having these silly discussions on message boards.

Does this make more sense?

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 31-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Master
Quote:
instead of having these silly discussions on message boards.
The metaphysical experience is one way, and having a debate is another way, and drifting in my kayak is yet another... I'm all for exploration of any kind provided it's honest and authentic. Whereas inauthentic dialogue is when people aren't examining in an open way, they're just arguing for the purpose of invalidating the perspectives of others. And that's certainly a silly waste.

These are all the various expressions of life. And I love being alive. Heck, even silly arguing can result in a lesson learned... it's just I'm way past that particular need, already had 30 years of it in two long and bad relationships lol.
Old 31-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Master
Namaste;

However, in this case, the 'perspectives of others' have absolutely no bearing upon my own.

What else can I say, Dr. Phil?

"And just how is that working for me"?

All I can say is "fine and dandy thanks".

I am happy here, I am comfortable here, I love it here. What else is there to say? It's who I am, it's what I believe in, I am totally satisfied when Shiva fills my soul and I experience it - nothing can compare to that. I don't even know why I am still discussing it tbh.

This is what I want...nothing else! I have had other people try and change me and my beliefs for too long now..enough!

This is who I am. This is what I believe in. If others don't like it, too bad! if that makes me ignorant in their eyes, too bad!

*meanwhile, I am going off to listen to some divine bhajans. I wonder why they were written if god doesn't exist?

However, I am being urged in spirit (probably by Siva) to give it up and let it rest because it's a stalemate...and going and feeling it is far better than talking about it.

I may actually get a mod to lock this up now.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 31-05-2016, 03:05 PM
Master
Quote:
However, in this case, the 'perspectives of others' have no bearing upon my own.

What else can I say? Dr. Phil?

I wonder why they were written if god doesn't exist?

I may actually get a mod to lock this up now.
Well that wasn't expected, I actually thought we were having a dialogue here.
Old 31-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Master
This thread is a shrine to shiva. nothing more, nothing less.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 31-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Master