Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 27-08-2014, 02:35 PM
samsara4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
An aspirant asked Ramana Maharshi, that he had been chanting for some years and had not attained any result. Ramana answered that it was because of his chanting that he got one-pointedness of mind, and hence was karmically drawn to and able to enjoy Ramana's Satsang or holy company and benefit from it.

As you pointed out so well in your example, the "benefits" of chanting are not always obvious because the chanters often have other expectations that cloud their vision.
Old 29-03-2016, 01:18 AM
Deactivated Account
Smile This is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prachi20
I'm a Hindu female by birth.

For several months I have been chanting various mantras like Om Namah Shivay,Hare Ram Hare Krishna(Mahamantra),Gayatri Mantra,etc.

I also focus on my 3rd eye while chanting.Though I get little bit vibrations when I focus,it has never been activated till now.

I have also been chanting a buddhist mantra since 2006,which is Namyo Ho Renge Kyo.

Though I get small material benefits,I am not at all having any spiritual experiences like OBEs,third eye activation,visions of other realms,etc.

I'm otherwise of clean character.I never have any bad habits like drinking,smoking,never had sex with anyone all my life,etc.I'm a celibate.

Please guide me why I'm not having any such experiences.I am fed up of trying..
IMO, every moment of our life is a spiritual experience. Many modern teachers will say that "This is it." (so, enjoy it) Looking for, or waiting for some special event or experience takes us away from our here and now, OK life which may seem quite dull and lack-luster compared to things we've been told or read about regarding "realizations" but, IMO, it's a mistake to waste my here and now life ignorantly waiting for or hoping for some exotic experience to happen some day. I am! I am me! I am me right now and it's OK! Like one sage said, "What's wrong with right now?" and another sage said "Hey, what problem?" This is it and I am just going to enjoy this 'it" to the best of my current ability without doing another thing to finally arrive at some wondrous experience or state in the future. Another sage said "Just be!" I like that one!
Old 29-03-2016, 06:44 AM
Deactivated Account
Jimrich, are you checking the dates on these threads? This one is from 2014 and the thread starter has not logged on since June of 2014...
Old 30-03-2016, 04:18 AM
Deactivated Account
Unhappy Ooooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Jimrich, are you checking the dates on these threads? This one is from 2014 and the thread starter has not logged on since June of 2014...
Oooops, oh well.............
Old 30-03-2016, 03:12 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
Oooops, oh well.............

Yes, it happens.

A coupla years isn't that bad. I've seen it as much as 10 years on another forum.
Old 31-03-2016, 02:30 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prachi20
I'm a Hindu female by birth.

For several months I have been chanting various mantras like Om Namah Shivay,Hare Ram Hare Krishna(Mahamantra),Gayatri Mantra,etc.

I also focus on my 3rd eye while chanting.Though I get little bit vibrations when I focus,it has never been activated till now.

I have also been chanting a buddhist mantra since 2006,which is Namyo Ho Renge Kyo.

Though I get small material benefits,I am not at all having any spiritual experiences like OBEs,third eye activation,visions of other realms,etc.

I'm otherwise of clean character.I never have any bad habits like drinking,smoking,never had sex with anyone all my life,etc.I'm a celibate.

Please guide me why I'm not having any such experiences.I am fed up of trying..

I feel for you, because I've been there, too. Yes, there are some things that you can do to make a mantra more effective. Although I can't explain what the secret is, I would like to share an article with you. The purpose of the article is not to explain the "how to" part, but instead to get you jumpstarted into thinking in potential different ways of solving this delimna that you are experiencing.

I can't post the link because it might be a little long, but you can Google the article by entering "Tips for Essentual Bhuta Shuddhi Isha."
Old 31-03-2016, 02:33 AM
Guide

Correction ... Google:

"Tips Cleanse Five Elements Isha"
Old 31-03-2016, 10:49 AM
Guide

A single mantra chanted chanted effectively is 10,000 times more powerful than a mantra chanted in the ordinary way. But you have to understand the elements, first. For example, in Agnihotra, oblations are poured into the fire so that the person is able to obtain the blessings of the gods. But there are other ways.
Old 07-04-2016, 06:51 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
IMO, every moment of our life is a spiritual experience. Many modern teachers will say that "This is it." (so, enjoy it) Looking for, or waiting for some special event or experience takes us away from our here and now, OK life which may seem quite dull and lack-luster compared to things we've been told or read about regarding "realizations" but, IMO, it's a mistake to waste my here and now life ignorantly waiting for or hoping for some exotic experience to happen some day. I am! I am me! I am me right now and it's OK! Like one sage said, "What's wrong with right now?" and another sage said "Hey, what problem?" This is it and I am just going to enjoy this 'it" to the best of my current ability without doing another thing to finally arrive at some wondrous experience or state in the future. Another sage said "Just be!" I like that one!

Love it. Thanks.

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom