Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 06-12-2011, 12:30 AM
Greg

Do most of you believe that Karma plays the most important role in determining what birth we will take next, If we indeed take another birth?
I had a traumatic birth, I was very premature, developed pneumonia in the womb, had a much bigger chance of dying than living, had to be taken away from my mother for 2 weeks. I believe that it's affected my life for the worse. I'm 30 yet still really dependant on my mother, I think this could be a big reason if I'm looking at it from a Fruedian psychoanalytical perspective. I've suffered from depression, alcoholism, anxiety and attention deficit disorder all my life.
Now my question is, as my fomer life ended did I gather up severe negative karma, was I a mass murderer or something? I've read new age material suggesting that we choose everything that happens to us, including what kind of birth we'd take. Why on Earth would I take such pain and suffering? It makes no sense. On that note why would A child be born into a starving family in Ethiopia, riddled with disease and incredible suffering?
Old 06-12-2011, 01:46 AM
nightowl

Hey Greg,

I don't know if this will help at all but since you wanted us to share our opinions I will share my view, which I believe is much different then most.

I will say it to start I don't believe in karma in the sense that is effects us in rebirth. For me when my spirit passes over to the other-side, my 'rebirth' or 'reincarnation' if you choose to call it, my spirit energy, that simply returns to my family energy stream. As my ancestors have done. I believe that as to physical aliments and illnesses they are often determined by a number of different factors but I do not believe the spirit has anything to do with them. My view is not textbook, it probably doesn't line up with any spiritual or religious thought, but it is true to my spirit and what has been revealed to me. It just make sense to me...soo that is my 2 cents on the topic. I hope you find what you are seeking...
Old 06-12-2011, 01:50 AM
Master
While you are under the belief that you are separate from what IS, then you are under the so called law of karma, when you realize that you are all that there IS, you are no longer under the law of karma.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:52 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
While you are under the belief that you are separate from what IS, then you are under the so called law of karma, when you realize that you are all that there IS, you are no longer under the law of karma.

Just wanted to say hey Slice!
Old 06-12-2011, 02:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Just wanted to say hey Slice!
Hi to you also Nightowl, I thought I was in trouble lol.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:05 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Hi to you also Nightowl, I thought I was in trouble lol.

heheee...not from me, ...check the name color...
Old 07-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg
Do most of you believe that Karma plays the most important role in determining what birth we will take next, If we indeed take another birth?
I had a traumatic birth, I was very premature, developed pneumonia in the womb, had a much bigger chance of dying than living, had to be taken away from my mother for 2 weeks. I believe that it's affected my life for the worse. I'm 30 yet still really dependant on my mother, I think this could be a big reason if I'm looking at it from a Fruedian psychoanalytical perspective. I've suffered from depression, alcoholism, anxiety and attention deficit disorder all my life.
Now my question is, as my fomer life ended did I gather up severe negative karma, was I a mass murderer or something? I've read new age material suggesting that we choose everything that happens to us, including what kind of birth we'd take. Why on Earth would I take such pain and suffering? It makes no sense. On that note why would A child be born into a starving family in Ethiopia, riddled with disease and incredible suffering?

Hello

I do feel we CHOOSE our parents I had a deep look at this life I came into in a Past Life Regression. I learned WHY me Mother and I never bonded and why I came into this life. I choose me Father but me Mother was simply the TOOL he was with. I know that sounds cold but there was no bond there with her and me. I tied so and nothing.

I honestly think that we are to expereince all things that a life can bring to us. Its not the same easy ride over and over again or nothing would move forwards in learning and understandings.

I have three children and each had not the best pregnacy or birth experience. HOW I stayed pregnant with the first one still baffles the Dr's then his birth was a nightmare....but we both moved past that. The second was breach and inverted til the day before he came to be born....and he FLEW OUT not the best way to come in. The last was sideways in me the whole time....again not the way one should be.

Each child is blessed to be here....and to come in to life in a normal birht....but there are unique issues with each one. Now is that because of HOW they were carried or how they CHOOSE to be. I feel a bit of both is at play. They must have choose to be born as at 18 and 19 me mate and I were BOTH told WE BOTH could not have any children. I was 36 with the first and 39 with the last.

Ye are here becasue ye were meant to be here for the lessons maybe of life in struggle at first....and for the teachings maybe one might have given to those around one. There is a reason at times we never find.

Lynn
Old 08-12-2011, 05:58 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg
Quite a lot to blame on birth circumstances.

Quote:
Now my question is, as my fomer life ended did I gather up severe negative karma, was I a mass murderer or something? I've read new age material suggesting that we choose everything that happens to us, including what kind of birth we'd take. Why on Earth would I take such pain and suffering?
Because, in the higher order of things, you would agree it's worth it.

Quote:
It makes no sense. On that note why would A child be born into a starving family in Ethiopia, riddled with disease and incredible suffering?
Various reasons. Maybe they have issues with poverty. Maybe they're above it all and are there to help others. Or maybe they were Scrooge in a former life.
Not entirely sure how previous life karma affects us, Law of Attraction is pretty straightforward.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Master
we each pitch to you what we believe to be the case, personally I believe in karma and that what has happened to you is past karma returning. However, what is past is past. you need to look forward, and start to believe that what you do positively now is going to return.
what happened in the womb stays in the womb, move forward my friend, stop dwelling on the past. Do the best you can to enjoy now and by your actions create a positive future.