Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 24-11-2014, 09:58 AM
Experiencer

Seeing "spirit energy" like vapour

Something new to me, so just wondered if anyone else has some experience.

A few weeks back, while sitting on our sofa in the evening with my husband (who by the way believes none of this nonsense ) I saw what appeared to be some "vapours" hanging above our coffee table. I was watching this stuff, and turning my head to see if it was anywhere else. It wasn't. Eventually it disappeared. I believed (just thought popped into my head) that it was my husband's spirit guide. I have seen him before, though not quite like this.

Today, I had a similar experience, strangely enough in the bathroom LOL. But in front of where my bathtowel was hanging, I could see these "vapours".

I asked my own guide today and she confirmed it was the other guide and that i was seeing "spirit energy". And she said, quote "you can practice to see. Just relax and look. Yes it is like vapour."

Anyone?
Old 24-11-2014, 04:53 PM
Voodoo Lady

Sounds 100% like classic ectoplasm.

I know that answer may sound corny if you are only familiar with it through the movie Ghostbusters, but if you look in to classic mediumship, particularly what is today known as "physical" mediumship, you can actually sometimes see a strong spirit presence PHYSICALLY with your eyes. It has been described as anything from smoke like, to cotton-candy-like. Sometimes it is whispy like a vapor and vanishes quickly, and sometimes it solidifies completely and people have actually touched this stuff, which can take on part or all of a human physical form.

Now there are a LOT of faked pictures from 100 years ago where people use muslin cloth or cheese cloth or cotton to "fake" ectoplasm on or around people. However if you research it, there is quite a lot of information out there on the "real" stuff.
Old 24-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Gryneos

Yes, I'd call that spirit energy. Some people call that the beginning of seeing auras, too. When I first started meditating, my sensitivity to seeing such things opened up, and I likened it to see a temperature inversion, like one would see at the end of a hot road (it looks like a mirror or mirage.) I also think of it as a perception of the energy currents in the air and space around us, not just the aura of a person or item.

Call or label it however is most comfortable to you, but I think we're all talking about the same energy, nonetheless
Old 24-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Suspended

Hi Folks..

Hmm..Very interesting...For my Self,I see a "vapour" all the time,emanating from my body especially,always,and at tmes I can see this from others also..Its usully just grey,smokelike,but appears to be "pouring out",or rpipllng across the skin,rathe like the sun on hot tarmac for example..At times,there is flashes of colour,and I believe Iam seeing the first emanations of my aura...Indeed,this can be trained - and a good place to start is to make a small gap between index finger and thumb,like a letter C,and observe the space between the tips..There is definaltely "something there"..lol..Its not just optical illsion either,because anyone who meditates will tell you for sure,actually touching thumb and finger together,casues again,a concentrated,and definate energetic movment in the hand,exasctly as if an electrical circuit had been formed,and energy IS flowing....I sure the vapour I see,is a simialr manifestaton of the same phenomena...

In fact the whole of the "air around",to my vision,is comprised of supra fine "dots" of grey light - like the grainy background of an old photo only much finer..Even in bright sunlight,I can still see this...but,I have never seen it as a distinct cloud,as others have described,have never attributed it to a particular individual spirit,but rather see it as generic "spiritual energy"...

Lately though,I have been encounterng around my home,various visual affects - darting impressions as if someone is actualy there,moving shadows,a distinct feeling of not being alone...I have cats and dogs,they have noticed it too...It reminds me of my mother,who during the week before she died,said very similar things..She quite literally conversed with her guides,Angels she said,every night in dreams,and could actually tell us things to come in the future that did actually happen just as her dreams foretold..Durig the week before she died,she commented a few times that her Angels were close,a distinct presence,shadwy feeling..

Not that I thnk Im about to shuffle off,or anyhting like,but for sure,lately,there is a definate presence...Not sure about guides for my Self though - I was told directly that I would have none this time round as they were not needed,Iam already quite familliar with my eternal aspect,and kind of take all this for granted nowadays...Like that vapour for instance,I know for sure,intuitively,with alittle practice,I could be seeing my full blown aura quite easily - but there is this understanding that such issues are a side effect,and not the goal or the agenda I came to accomplish.....Interesting phenomena though - allow it,see what develops..
Old 25-11-2014, 03:22 AM
Gryneos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC-UK
In fact the whole of the "air around",to my vision,is comprised of supra fine "dots" of grey light - like the grainy background of an old photo only much finer..Even in bright sunlight,I can still see this...but,I have never seen it as a distinct cloud,as others have described,have never attributed it to a particular individual spirit,but rather see it as generic "spiritual energy"...
Hi Pete :)

This part of your post was especially pertinent to my experience with seeing the energy around us. I think I've seen it since I was a very young child. But I learned quickly when I tried to explain it to my parents that it was best not to talk about it at all. They thought something was physically wrong with my eyesight! I had no idea what "film grain" was back then, so I didn't have the vocabulary to explain it. They may be open to such ideas now, but wouldn't have been back in the early 1960s in a conservative oil-town like Houston.

What I 'see' is much like the grain, only I do see it in color, if only the color grain as in an old style print. If I 'focus' on it, it does tend to get in the way of things like reading. But, it never goes away, even when I don't pay attention to it. And it's not after-images, either. I can close my eyes for long after the after-images have faded and still see that grain.

Is it the same with you?
Old 25-11-2014, 07:57 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Lady
Sounds 100% like classic ectoplasm.

I know that answer may sound corny if you are only familiar with it through the movie Ghostbusters, but if you look in to classic mediumship, particularly what is today known as "physical" mediumship, you can actually sometimes see a strong spirit presence PHYSICALLY with your eyes. It has been described as anything from smoke like, to cotton-candy-like. Sometimes it is whispy like a vapor and vanishes quickly, and sometimes it solidifies completely and people have actually touched this stuff, which can take on part or all of a human physical form.

Thanks very much for that. And that gives me some new words/phrases to search on. I am fortunate that I can now communicate quite effectively with my own spirit guide and, generally speaking (especially with any spiritual questions), I get the correct answers but....... searching on "spirit energy" doesn't actually come up with much on the internet, whereas "physical mediumship" does. Brilliant.
Old 25-11-2014, 07:59 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC-UK

Lately though,I have been encounterng around my home,various visual affects - darting impressions as if someone is actualy there,moving shadows,a distinct feeling of not being alone...

Yes I get that too. I believe it is the same spirit, my husband's guide. He is very active..... he guide I mean, not my husband
Old 25-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Knower
Yellow, I found your post very interesting. And also a keyword you may want to search is ectoplasm. I have only seen this once and it was the evening of the day of my moms funeral in 1974. I was only 10 and was lying in bed and seen a "vapor" but it was in the shape of my mom and I immediately knew it was her. She spoke to me but I heard her words in my head but not my ears (as I explained it as a little girl) Since then I have learned that this is the most common time for a spirit to take on this form because it requires more energy than just say an orb. As one of the earlier commenters said , It looks somewhat like the vapors that you see on a really hot road. When I seen this that night it neither scared or surprised me. I just thought it was normal. I vividly remember that night and feel so lucky to have experienced it. My mom told me that night that that would be the last time I would see her in that form, that she had to leave. Looking forward to more comments on this thread. It was nice to hear from you Yellow.
Old 25-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Master
Yep, that seems to be consistent with how we see them, with practice we may see more colors or even a bit of softly glowing energy.
Good work!
Keep Noticing!
Old 25-11-2014, 09:22 PM
Seeker

i have seen my fathers spirit like that before