Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 10-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Deactivated Account

What happened to 2011 ?

We are just barely into the new year and already wondering, worrying about 2012 .

Let's enjoy 2011 ! Time flies by quickly enough.

blessings
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 10-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Sundialed

the leader of the maya says not to worry about any future date, live day by day
Old 10-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Ladofthelight

Hark! Is this the same "Dynamist" who would write novellas in the year of the 10?

I feel as if I perhaps know you... ;-)

In general...

Isn't it so great how one comment can spark vastly different responses???

Such a thing to marvel at!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Many people thought the world would end at the strike of 12 on 1st January 2000! To be perfectly honest, I don't think the actual date really means a lot. It's what we do with it that counts.

Why stop there?

1999 to 2009: Jerry Falwell predicted in 1999-JAN that Jesus could return within ten years. But before that can happen, he said that the Antichrist must appear. Referring to the Antichrist, Falwell said:
"Is he alive and here today? Probably. Because when he appears during the Tribulation period he will be a full-grown counterfeit of Christ. Of course he'll be Jewish. Of course he'll pretend to be Christ. And if in fact the Lord is coming soon, and he'll be an adult at the presentation of himself, he must be alive somewhere today."

Rabbi James Rudin of the American Jewish Committee suggested that Christians should be careful about making such comments. His said that Falwell's statement "plays into some latent and historical anti-Semitism from the past." 2 Rev. Falwell later apologized for his comment.

Falwell died on 2007-MAY-17, and so did not live long enough to see the prediction fail.

2009-FEB-13: An unknown group or individual called "Vast entity now unsurpassed" predicted the end at 23:31 UTC on this date. Their reasoning is:

As many as 270 million Monarch butterflies were wiped out in a freak storm in central Mexico where they migrated for the winter in January 2002. This would signal the beginning of change. In the beginning, God cursed Adam. "For dust thou art, and into dust thou shalt return." (Genesis. 3:19) This is represented by Ash Wednesday. This would be the start of the seven years of the great tribulation. In 2002, Ash Wednesday fell on February 13th, seven years from this day would bring us to February 2009.
The 1967 Arab-Israeli Six-Day War assured national survival and forty-two months of travail. "But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty [and] two months." (Revelation 11:2) This signifies forty-two years after 1967, which would yield the year 2009.
On February 13, 2009, the Unix time number reaches 1234567890 seconds at 23:31:30 UTC (a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence). This day fell exactly seven years to the day of Ash Wednesday, February 13th, 2002.

Sometime in 2009: Jack Smith predicts that the Fifth Seal mentioned in the biblical book of Revelation refers to the interval 1798 to 2009 when Christians were free to spread the Gospel worldwide and be "witness against all nations." The Sixth Seal refers to the interval from 2009 to 2012 when God's judgment begins. This will involve the destruction of the "Scarlet Woman" (Rome and the Vatican), the Angel ascending from the East, and the destruction of the new "Roman Empire."

2009-FEB-13: We received an Email from "The Final Peace" who predicted that the Rapture will occur on this date,. She believed that she had communicated directly with both God and Satan. Her predictions were based on a number of sources: The 3 year countdown began on 2005-AUG, right before Katrina hit.Zeus' birthday is FEB-13.FEB-13 is a Friday the 13th.The time stamp in the Unix operating system is 1234567890 at 23:31:30 UTC on this dayReferences in the Gospel of Thomas.
2009-MAR-07: David Wilkerson believed that the difficult economic times were not a recession or even the beginning of a depression. They representrd the start of a time when God would express his wrath upon humanity. He believed that 1,000 fires would come to New York City at a time that "is not far off.", They would combine to destroy all of the city and parts of New Jersey and Connecticut. Other similar disasters would occur in major cities worldwide. He recommended that everyone lay in a 30 day supply of food, toiletries and other essentials -- not a bad idea at all times. He believes that born-again Christians would emerge unscathed. Presumably, God would make certain that all non-saved individuals will die.

2009-JUN-21: An anonymous Emailer believed that 2010-DEC-21 is the Abomination of Desolation, when the Antichrist says that he is God. Subtracting 3 years 6 months from this date lead us to 2009-JUN-21. He looks for the Rapture to occur late in June, perhaps at the time of the solstice.
2009-MAY-JUN: A Russian Christian group called "Heavenly Jerusalem" established a new sect called the "True Russian Orthodox Church." Their leader is Pyotr Kutnetsov, 43, an engineer. One of their more interesting beliefs is that their members will become judges after death and will decide who will go to Heaven and Hell. During 2007-NOV, about thirty members barricaded themselves in an underground bunker that they had dug in the Penza region of Russia, to await the Apocalypse. Kutnetsov was arrested, found by psychiatrists to be unfit to stand trial, sent to a mental institution, and later released. The end-of-the world prophecy did not come to pass. They believe that a 1,300 day clock started some years ago when the Russian Orthodox Church accepted a taxpayer's identification number from the government. The Apocalypse was expected when the clock reaches zero in 2009-JUN or perhaps sometime in 2011. 7,8
2009-AUG-29: John Dutchman claims to be an astronomer at the Mount Wilson Observatory. He allegedly believed that a small star is passing through the Oort Cloud, the area surrounding the solar system from whic comets originate. He says that the gravitational pull of the star is forcing at least a third of all of the comets into the sun -- over one million. He predicts that the earth will be hit by from one to many hundreds of comets, ranging in size from 100 meters to near 600 miles in diameter. He expected the collisions to happen on 2009-AUG-29.

I'm sure it could keep on going, and it probably has.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:52 AM
Bella

I just do hope something happens that is better for the earth and the souls survival here.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:24 AM
Ascender

Well, from my understanding, there is no fixed date of this occurence. In fact, we are moving into this new age of conciousness as we speak. Also, the timeframe of this is anywhere between 2007 - 2015. All we can do is make use of the time we are given and hopefully something good comes out of it all.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:29 AM
Ascender

And what's with this prediction of Jesus' second coming? Why does he need to come again when he has already spread his message? What, to be mocked and rejected by man again? And didn't it say it was the Son of Man who was coming, not the Son of God -- which is what Jesus is? And what if the Son of Man already incarnated on the earth, fulfilled his mission and is now no longer with us, and nobody knew? We all have this expectation that he will appear before everyone with a brilliance of light surrounding him and proclaim "I am He!". But what if this isn't the case? Just my thoughts.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Gauss

I believe whatever happens and when does not really matter. I guess it will be any time from now until 2019 as Nostradamus predicted.

When it happens one should be positive to the change, that is imperative as I see it.

In my opinion Falun Dafa is "the way" that we all waited for. Follow Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in daily life.

If it is too hard to cultivate just be positive about it and cherish the three magic words as much as possible.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:02 PM
bbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauss
I guess it will be any time from now until 2019 as Nostradamus predicted.
Oh dear... That's just new-age beliefs, Gauss. There's no set date or end game in any of this. We've entered a new astrological age which happens to be the age of Aquarius. If you want to understand what that possibly means for human civilization over the next couple of thousand years or so, check out any astrology site.

edited by sf staff
Old 11-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Gauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by rom2014
And what's with this prediction of Jesus' second coming? Why does he need to come again when he has already spread his message? What, to be mocked and rejected by man again? And didn't it say it was the Son of Man who was coming, not the Son of God -- which is what Jesus is? And what if the Son of Man already incarnated on the earth, fulfilled his mission and is now no longer with us, and nobody knew? We all have this expectation that he will appear before everyone with a brilliance of light surrounding him and proclaim "I am He!". But what if this isn't the case? Just my thoughts.

As I see it yu are on the right track. Son-of-Man is referred to as "Elias" in the bible and "Slidr" in the Nordic religion. He is coming from the far east(China) as all orthodox religions state. He will introduce a new spiritual practice to the world.

As I see it the only option for Son-of-Man is Li Hongzhi, he matches all the prophecies being from China and he has introduced a spiritual practice of body and soul and it has spread extremely quickly(100 million practitioners) and it is free of charge - as all righteous ways are.

About the reincarnated Jesus, must he not first cultivate himself in Falun Dafa before coming out again? All human beings have to cultivate first before gaining any divine powers. In the bible it is said John the Baptist is reincarnated as Elias, so Elias will baptize Jesus again since the second coming will be just like the first one it is said... Meaning that Elias will teach him this time.

Just my shallow understanding of things at my current wisdom level, no truth offered whatsoever.