Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 10-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Bella

I really do hope something does happen on 2012.

I feel I might be very disappointed, if nothing occures within mass conciousness when the year shifts into 2012.

I just feel I will be disappointed when the clock strikes 12, and everything seemingly stays the same and onward down the months.

I keep imagining it that when the times comes .... somehow all of us living still on this earth ... will truly open our eyes. We won't see anything differently within physical surroundings (at least I think so...) but I feel we will never look at another being the same. When we see another even a glimpse while passing by, we will instanteously experience a faint hint of their soul and be warmed by their presence ..... we will truly see .... see people truly see them for themselves ... nothing will obstruct our sight any longer .... everything will be clear ... there will be nothing there blocking people from eachother, somehow we will all meld together .. some big part of our beings will meld together ... like a flow causing us to move around eachother in a sensation of union wether faint or intense who knows .... instead of the static urge to have our own spaces even when just passing by a stranger on a side walk ...... we will realise more of how time is so dearly precious to us .. ?

Atleast I so wish.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:41 PM
glenos

It'll be business as usual... Put money on it.

G
Old 10-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Deactivated Account
I really can't see there being a drastic change overnight. More likely, it will be part of a gradual shift in consciousness. The year is probably just being quoted to represent changing times.

Many people thought the world would end at the strike of 12 on 1st January 2000! To be perfectly honest, I don't think the actual date really means a lot. It's what we do with it that counts.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Greenslade

If 2012 turns out to be the big wind-up for the big let-down, I'm going to throw a king-size wobbly :-)
Old 10-01-2011, 03:04 PM
bbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella
I feel I might be very disappointed, if nothing occures within mass conciousness when the year shifts into 2012.
I have to say Bella I laughed out loud when I read that. Don't get caught in the new-age hype and silliness. These consciouness shifts happen over long periods of time and over generations. Know that you're already part of it, now.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:21 PM
glenos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr
I have to say Bella I laughed out loud when I read that. Don't get caught in the new-age hype and silliness. These consciouness shifts happen over long periods of time and over generations. Know that you're already part of it, now.

Bang on correct.

The conciousness shift as they call it started 100+ years ago when the first documented communication with the Spirit world realy started. Ok so shamen and others were at it long before that but properly documented about 100 yrs ago. Since then many discarnate higher beings have come through with teachings of mostly the natural laws, and how they affect our lives, and the responsibility for us now having this information. There have never been so many people from all over the globe getting into Spiritual matters. That is a very big conciousness shift from say 40yrs ago when I first sat in a development circle. 2012 will be just another year of more people getting into such learnings.
No doubt many will attribute Gaia with saying something when earth quakes, big waves, and volcanic eruptions happen within the Earths natural goings on. Don't listen to the hype. The big shift comes when YOU start to make that change, yes you, the man in the mirror. The change to full blast compassion for all living things and the realisation that we live after we die and all that brings.

Aint it the truth...

G
Old 10-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella

I just feel I will be disappointed when the clock strikes 12, and everything seemingly stays the same and onward down the months.

I keep imagining it that when the times comes .... somehow all of us living still on this earth ... will truly open our eyes. We won't see anything differently within physical surroundings (at least I think so...) but I feel we will never look at another being the same. When we see another even a glimpse while passing by, we will instanteously experience a faint hint of their soul and be warmed by their presence ..... we will truly see .... see people truly see them for themselves ... nothing will obstruct our sight any longer .... everything will be clear ... there will be nothing there blocking people from eachother, somehow we will all meld together .. some big part of our beings will meld together ... like a flow causing us to move around eachother in a sensation of union wether faint or intense who knows .... instead of the static urge to have our own spaces even when just passing by a stranger on a side walk ...... we will realise more of how time is so dearly precious to us .. ?

Atleast I so wish.

Bella, many people can walk down the street and see the world this way...but they are people who have worked through themselves to remove the blocks that stopped them...and that inner working is like keeping house...even after youve had a good clear out, you still need to keep on top of it.

So if you can imagine, from my perspective, reading this kind of thing is a little like reading someone say "oh I cant wait until next year when the washing up will magically dissapear and the house will look clean and shiny for ever more". It seems like a pipe dream...and there nothing wrong with dreaming, but you have the opportunity to do something towards it, to act and begin to walk towards what you want. 2012 wont make any different to that...that power is within you now.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Sira

Well, from personal perspective I can see big changes coming already this year. When we do our inner work and house ever more light, a small group of people is able to change the whole group consciousness, and there are millions of us doing this work. We are way past the point of no return.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Master
''Oh nothing big happened but we said it was gradual anyway'' - Many doomsayers and New Agers already say this.

I think that's a clever way to keep the prison of confirmation bias alive.

If you are really looking for a change in 2012, then you will see it, the mouse will become the elephant.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Royalite

People, people be joyous either way! Even if there is a "mass consciousness" and a shift does occur, does it guarantee that you'd be in it? What if people go light years ahead of you in the consciousness department and then you still end up feeling like the odd one out? I'm agreeing with the above post. If you're looking for change you'll see it. But do know that real change comes from within.

Just be happy to be a part of this life in general. I think it's a great opportunity just to be here and sure there's some ups and downs, some hardships, some challenges, pain, grief, woe (trust me...I've complained up and down these boards for months now! ), but you'll be just fine either way! Make life good right now, right now. Like right now!