Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-05-2020, 09:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfly
I have reached a point of spiritual crisis in my life. I don't see a coherent picture of the greater reality. What happens after death? What is the exact truth about everything? Different spiritual experiences seem to contradict each other and people seeking truth will come to different conclusions.

I would love for people to share their stories. How did you get to the truth and what did you find?

I might add that I'm really looking for verified objective experiences and evidences. Subjective experiences (real as they might be) just don't cut it for me as reliable evidence.

I would like to say here that one should not panic not knowing the truth or reality. With patience and perseverance anything and everything can be uncovered.

There was a time in my life as a teenager when I panicked not knowing the purpose of life and its apparent meaninglesness which appeared gross and depressing to me.

But later on , in retrospect, I feel that I should have been patient and persevered diligently and calmly on knowing the answers intelligently by researching, like as we try to unknot or solve any other problem.

Panic causes lack of equanimity which exacerbates problems and magnifies it with multiple errors and mistakes compounding the problem.

Imo, with a calm, equanimous and positive mindset, we can solve any problem at the earliest, effectively and efficiently.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 06-05-2020, 10:27 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
What happens after death? What is the exact truth about everything? Different spiritual experiences seem to contradict each other and
Grab some beers and popcorn, and a copy of Robin Williams' Whatever Dreams May Come on DVD. Seriously that explains it all. The truth is that all experience is subjective, while it doesn't always seem so here it's certainly true in Spirit. Spirits literally create their own reality.

I was given proof by Spirits themselves, I'm a clairsentient medium. If you really want to understand this, go to the mediumship section and ask around in there.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:01 AM
Elfin

Hi Soulfly. I empathise will your dilemma. I do not believe that hearing of others experiences will help you. 2,000 plus people will tell you of 2,000 plus experiences. Each and every one unique to the individual. All very interesting of course, but no help really for you at this moment in time. As humans , I don't believe we find the truth, but rather the truth finds us. There will come a time when you see things clearly, and when it happens it's amazing. Sometimes we look too hard, and other times we can't see the wood for the trees.I would suggest that you keep the faith of what you believe in the knowledge that when the time is right, you will know. Good luck on your journey.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:22 AM
ketzer

Quote:
I have reached a point of spiritual crisis in my life. I don't see a coherent picture of the greater reality. What happens after death? What is the exact truth about everything? Different spiritual experiences seem to contradict each other and people seeking truth will come to different conclusions.

I would love for people to share their stories. How did you get to the truth and what did you find?

I might add that I'm really looking for verified objective experiences and evidences. Subjective experiences (real as they might be) just don't cut it for me as reliable evidence.
I am curious how you got to this point of crisis. What was your experience? Did you become disillusioned of previous answers to those questions, if so, what were those previous answers? Did you just start caring about such questions now, and if so, why now?
Old 06-05-2020, 11:39 AM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
You ask people to share their stories about how they found truth but then you say you are not interested in subjective experiences. Truth is not something external and objective. The answers you seek are found within, and that will be your own subjective realisation.
Peace
That's right.
Soulfly - I would suggest, if I may - approaching God or realization - awakening - whatever the name - like you would
lay your towel down on the beach and just enjoy soaking up the warmth, and the sounds
of the seagulls and the beautiful air.

Sit in a peaceful, sweet stillness - all the answers - all the joy, all the knowledge, all the 'everything' is within you.
Crisis is not a fun place - but temporarily it can nudge you into something different.
Happy Journey.

''Sometimes we look too hard" - good one, Elfin.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-05-2020, 08:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
There is no point of using a word, if you are not going to use the word in the word's intended true context. This is being deceitful to say the least, and is the reason why the world is the way it is today. You either spread deceit by spreading false beliefs (miltha) that creates maya (ignorance of the truth) or you spread truth. It is either one or the other. The definitions in the dictionary are not a conspiracy to deceit you.

Wow! I had not realised that my use of subjective and objective in a manner which you do not approve of was the cause of all the world's problems.

I must be more powerful than I thought.

Peace
Old 06-05-2020, 08:18 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Wow! I had not realised that my use of subjective and objective in a manner which you do not approve of was the cause of all the world's problems.

Peace
The question is, now that you know, are you going cave in and stop doing it?

Don't be afraid of the English dictionary, somebody has to stand up to it. I don't know what deluded lunatic wrote that book, but I am pretty sure it is full of misspelled words.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
The question is, now that you know, are you going cave in and stop doing it?

I dunno. All this subjective power is quite seductive if it helps me to control the objective world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Don't be afraid of the English dictionary, somebody has to stand up to it. I don't know what deluded lunatic wrote that book, but I am pretty sure it is full of misspelled words.

I don't mind standing up to the English dictionary. I am more concerned about its allies - don't mess with the Chinese dictionary!!

Peace
Old 06-05-2020, 08:58 PM
Master
Quote:

Peace
The dictionary does not approve it, which is the point. The definitions in the dictionary are objective while your personal subjective inverted use of the words subjective and objective are subjective-based on your false beliefs about subjective and objective.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
The dictionary does not approve it, which is the point. The definitions in the dictionary are objective while your personal subjective inverted use of the words subjective and objective are subjective-based on your false beliefs about subjective and objective.

All of which is a long way from the original subject of this thread.

Soulfly, you say "I might add that I'm really looking for verified objective experiences and evidences. Subjective experiences (real as they might be) just don't cut it for me as reliable evidence."

What kind of verified objective experiences and evidences would satisfy your desire to know?

Peace