Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-10-2011, 02:19 AM
Guide
Uncertainty

How do you approach it?

I'm in the midst of accepting it. Releasing control from things I cannot control can be liberating and frightening.
Old 14-10-2011, 02:30 AM
Medium_Laura

By doing what you are doing. Letting go. Yes it can be frightening but there is no power in control. The power comes in letting go and letting the Universe steer for a while :)
Old 14-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Medium_Laura

You can try saying this when you feel upset or scared.

"I release this ____ to the Universe. I stop thinking and dwelling on it now. I know that you have my back."
Old 14-10-2011, 02:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verunia
How do you approach it?

I'm in the midst of accepting it. Releasing control from things I cannot control can be liberating and frightening.

Can you be more specific? Uncertainty about what?
Old 14-10-2011, 02:44 AM
Master
about life, specially when ****s happen
Old 14-10-2011, 02:51 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Can you be more specific? Uncertainty about what?

Uncertainty in anything, especially what hybrid said...

I'm not asking for specific answers to anything, just presenting it as a general discussion topic.

Quote:
"I release this ____ to the Universe. I stop thinking and dwelling on it now. I know that you have my back."

Thanks for that. It's a mindset I've been practicing, but maybe the affirmation will help out.

It seems that control is the root of all problems... Because when you can't control something, it's a source of fear. And yet so many people are bent on control. I don't understand, even though I've done it plenty of times.
Old 14-10-2011, 02:57 AM
SerpentQueen

Embrace it because it means you are awake!

That was my first response, after wondering how old you are. Please do not take that the wrong way; yes I know that age has nothing to do with spiritual maturity. Just thinking about how more UNcertain my life has become, the older I get. I don't know nothin'... and it's grand.
Old 14-10-2011, 04:20 AM
Topology

Quote:
How do you approach it?

My ultimate cure for uncertainty: To go willingly to the place I will go when I die.

This whole life experience is unnecessary, a great adventure. But leaving this place and losing consciousness feels like I'm returning home, shedding my burdens and cares. I find great comfort in becoming nothing, not having to be anything. I don't know how to live and not struggle and labor with an identity and being in body. But death has nothing that I fear. At worst there might be a last moment of regret, but that can be shed through self-forgiveness.

In my practicing of letting go I've come to realize that things tend to sort themselves out and there's no "right way" for the world to be. You're not responsible for the choices the world makes. You don't have to be a dictator and tyrant over others.

Remove yourself from the situation. What would happen if you weren't there? How would things sort themselves out? Now insert yourself into the situation, is there anything you can do that is one iota better than not being there? If not, then remove yourself from the situation. Otherwise participate to your liking because you're having a net positive effect.

Other than that we'll have to dig into the specifics of the situations you're facing to reveal and apply the various principles in living a completely uncertain life, in peace.
Old 14-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Uncertainty in anything, especially what hybrid said...

I'm not asking for specific answers to anything, just presenting it as a general discussion topic.

Thanks for that. It's a mindset I've been practicing, but maybe the affirmation will help out.

It seems that control is the root of all problems... Because when you can't control something, it's a source of fear. And yet so many people are bent on control. I don't understand, even though I've done it plenty of times.

I've always liked Byron Katie's views on this:

Staying in Your Own Business

Reality is God, because it rules.
—Byron Katie

by Byron Katie

I can find only three kinds of business in the universe: mine, yours and God’s. (For me, the word God means “reality.” Reality is God, because it rules. Anything that’s out of my control, your control and everyone else’s control — I call that God’s business.)

Much of our stress comes from mentally living out of our own business. When I think, You need to get a job, I want you to be happy, you should be on time, you need to take better care of yourself, I am in your business. When I’m worried about earthquakes, floods, war, or when I will die, I am in God’s business. If I am mentally in your business or in God’s business, the effect is separation. I noticed this early in 1986. When I mentally went into my mother’s business, for example, with a thought like, My mother should understand me, I immediately experienced a feeling of loneliness. And I realized that every time in my life that I had felt hurt or lonely, I had been in someone else’s business.

If you are living your life and I am mentally living your life, who is here living mine? We’re both over there. Being mentally in your business keeps me from being present in my own. I am separate from myself, wondering why my life doesn’t work. To think that I know what’s best for anyone else is to be out of my business. Even in the name of love, it is pure arrogance, and the result is tension, anxiety, and fear. Do I know what’s right for myself? That is my only business. Let me work with that before I try to solve your problems for you.

If you understand the three kinds of business enough to stay in your own business, it could free your life in a way that you can’t even imagine. The next time you’re feeling stress or discomfort, ask yourself whose business you’re in mentally, and you may burst out laughing! That question can bring you back to yourself. And you may come to see that you’ve never really been present, that you’ve been mentally living in other people’s business all your life. Just to notice that you’re in someone else’s business can bring you back to your own wonderful self. And if you practice it for a while, you may come to see that you don’t have any business either and that your life runs perfectly well on its own.
Old 14-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I've always liked Byron Katie's views on this:

Staying in Your Own Business

Reality is God, because it rules.
—Byron Katie

by Byron Katie

I can find only three kinds of business in the universe: mine, yours and God’s. (For me, the word God means “reality.” Reality is God, because it rules. Anything that’s out of my control, your control and everyone else’s control — I call that God’s business.)

Much of our stress comes from mentally living out of our own business. When I think, You need to get a job, I want you to be happy, you should be on time, you need to take better care of yourself, I am in your business. When I’m worried about earthquakes, floods, war, or when I will die, I am in God’s business. If I am mentally in your business or in God’s business, the effect is separation. I noticed this early in 1986. When I mentally went into my mother’s business, for example, with a thought like, My mother should understand me, I immediately experienced a feeling of loneliness. And I realized that every time in my life that I had felt hurt or lonely, I had been in someone else’s business.

If you are living your life and I am mentally living your life, who is here living mine? We’re both over there. Being mentally in your business keeps me from being present in my own. I am separate from myself, wondering why my life doesn’t work. To think that I know what’s best for anyone else is to be out of my business. Even in the name of love, it is pure arrogance, and the result is tension, anxiety, and fear. Do I know what’s right for myself? That is my only business. Let me work with that before I try to solve your problems for you.

If you understand the three kinds of business enough to stay in your own business, it could free your life in a way that you can’t even imagine. The next time you’re feeling stress or discomfort, ask yourself whose business you’re in mentally, and you may burst out laughing! That question can bring you back to yourself. And you may come to see that you’ve never really been present, that you’ve been mentally living in other people’s business all your life. Just to notice that you’re in someone else’s business can bring you back to your own wonderful self. And if you practice it for a while, you may come to see that you don’t have any business either and that your life runs perfectly well on its own.

Golly, I'd forgotten how much Byron Katie irritates me... LoL