Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-02-2024, 03:05 PM
Master
Seems when I end a post here, something else immediately comes to me to post here. In reference to the four realms:

Physical is a Solid Quality or Realm,
Mental is an Airy Quality or Realm,
Emotional is a Fluid or Water-Like Quality or Realm,
and Spiritual is a Fiery-Like Quality or Realm.

Or so as it is taught in metaphysics. We are multidimensional beings existing simultaneously in many realms, sometimes getting stuck in a realm, even while we seemingly only exist as physical beings. Love is much more than an emotion.

There is a spiritual door within us, commonly called “the third eye,” and we also have mental and emotional doors, or access points, within us.

From another thread I posted; I will say here that concentration can be an express route through all of the realms; consciously returning us home. This is my experience.
Old 04-02-2024, 03:19 PM
Master
Molearner, in my opinion strength and weakness are human terms; true strength and confidence comes from God, and as far as weakness. Humbly I say I can do nothing of my own.

Strength and weaknesses are culturally based, as different cultures see weakness differently than others cultures, and weakness is also a judgment call based on a persons’ perspective.

Spiritual people are still growing through stages of spirituality. Was Jesus weak when he got angry at people in the marketplace, as noted in the Bible? Guru’s get angry at other guru’s and engage in mantra warfare, according to Ram Dass.

It is one thing to be spiritual and another thing to act like you are spiritual; one is more genuine then the other, in my opinion, and I acknowledge that we are all entitled to our opinions.

Peace
Old 04-02-2024, 05:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
It is somewhat amusing to hear spiritual people justify weaknesses.
I would say anger is not a weakness. In fact anger is what you are suppose to feel because anger isn't a lie. Allow yourself to feel it and let it go. This may require training and practice. Anger is a reality we create. It is no different than any other reality we create. Even spiritual people get angry and imo we know there is nothing wrong being angry. Many times we are suppose to be. I mean see what we're suppose to see. Our reality tells us to let it go. It is simply energy. Even the degree of anger doesn't change the reality of it. Then it becomes about manifesting. Don't hold on to it. In fact I to was thinking about the story of Jesus in the marketplace caring enough to get angry where others saw their (own) anger. It is about what you feel.
Old 04-02-2024, 07:49 PM
Molearner

I wonder if there has ever been an incidence where anger has ever led to murder ? Is this one of the fruits of anger ?
Old 04-02-2024, 07:59 PM
Master
Quote:
I wonder if there has ever been an incidence where anger has ever led to murder ? Is this one of the fruits of anger ?

I'm sure there are also incidents where anger has stopped a murder...

"Being angry about the right things and in the right way is virtuous. But avoiding anger at all times may be a sign of weakness. St. Thomas Aquinas notes how it is a vice not get angry over things one should. He calls it "unreasonable patience." A failure to correct the wicked encourages them to persist in their evil deeds, since there are no reprimands for their wrong actions. It also causes confusion in the community over what is truly right and wrong, and thus may lead even good people to do evil."

https://www.catholiceducation.org/en...rong%20actions.
Old 04-02-2024, 08:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
What purpose does an emotional freak-out serve; mainly it may just be what psychology calls a catharsis, and a catharsis can be healthy, in my opinion, as long as we don’t stay there. Grieving often follows an emotional impact.

One place I eat has an employee that fits this category.

Today, I found out that he was an orphan and was extracted from his home country of India and ended up in Alaska when he was 5.

I am amazed he has turne out as well has he has.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Last edited by BigJohn : 04-02-2024 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-02-2024, 08:24 PM
Administrator
Starman post 8 you hit the nail on the head there.

Namaste
Old 04-02-2024, 08:55 PM
Master
Well most know that our physical body exists in time and in duality; there are pros and cons that can be said about our physical body and the same may be able to be said about our emotional nature.

We can list emotions as either good or bad, but again I say it depends on how we express them. Anger as aggression is a much different expression than anger as a principle of disappointment.

Most emotions can lead to violence, envy, jealousy, and fear, are just a few emotions which, when handled poorly, can lead to further problems. That Jesus Christ showed he cared enough to get angry in the marketplace was an act of compassion. Jesus got angry in the marketplace because he felt people were being exploited.

As the story goes, Jesus saw the temple was being misused. What was created as a house of worship had been turned into a sort of business mall by money grubbing merchants. This angered Jesus; it offended him, and in my opinion, at minimum he was a very, very, spiritual person.
Old 04-02-2024, 09:38 PM
Master
Quote:
I'm more inclined toward Molearner's stance and agree that spiritualists tend to justify anger even though it's fundamentally ill-will. However, when betrayed, abused, treated unjustly it's understandable to feel angry.

I think appeals to authority such as Jesus got angry is only a way to justify your own anger, and just because a guru was angry, it doesn't mean 'it's fine'.

It's usually, get angry, then regret, and the only way to avoid regret is to justify, but in the real world when we account for what anger produces, a sensible person can't say that's good thing. It's more like a kind of suffering that is understandable in some circumstances, but it's never any good, and the more extreme it is, the worse it gets.

Like the Catholic priest, they'll argue it's good to be angry at the right things. He even thinks it's a virtue, probably because the Church has to justify Jesus's rage in the temple, because his rage can then be used to justify your own.

However, as I say, it's understandable that people are angry, and the reason Jesus was angry is understandable, but it's probably better to walk it off than take it out on anything else. After you cool off you can discuss the problem with whoever it is, or maybe just include them in a metta meditation or something later on.
Old 04-02-2024, 10:04 PM
Molearner

Did I mention the possibility exists that Jesus was intentionally using shock therapy ?………I said possibility……:)