Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 06-02-2013, 12:32 AM
Kyrios

Personalities of the Archangels?

Well I still have never seen an angel, so I was curious what their personalities are like? Can anyone give me any insight on the Archangels?
Old 06-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Suspended
I know they show us different things based on what we expect, what we can accept psyhcologically and what we need from them, but here's my experience.

ALL of them are unfailingly loving, and a visit from any one always feels very welcome, comforting, reassuring. Their presence is always very gentle and soothing.

Azrael
I'm closest to Azrael. Azrael is indescribably beautiful up close. He's particularly calm, gentle and wise. Sometimes playful and he often teases, albeit very kindly. He's big on equal rights, he won't stand for even the TINIEST bit of rudeness or unkindness, and he tells you so by pointing out the secret reason you did it! Very uncomfortable if you're prone to criticizing or attacking others OR yourself, even in your mind. Azrael is extremely gentle and compassionate in all he does. He considers everyone on Earth his child. He's very respectful of your wishes and considers free will utterly sacred.

Very open minded, non-judgmental. He seems to live by his heart to me, like he follows his love wherever it goes. He's not strict as a teacher, but his attention is gently PROBING. You know when he's watching you, your soul will have NO desire to hide anything from him. He doesn't invade your space but he looks very closely at you. He never commands, always asks. Doesn't use words loosely or pointlessly. He's actually very soft and warm, has a very well developed Mother side to him. Very social too, funny and (I think anyway) a bit of an expert in the art of snagging one his heart has fancied! As close to love, sacred intimacy and the unfettered love of creating as he is to death and transition. With me anyway, in our, shall we say, private moments, he's like a gathering warm darkness full of loving and passionate intent VERY compassionate being, heartbreakingly sweet around children as well as our inner children!

Michael
Michael strikes me as extroverted, though I'm sure he has the other side somewhere as well. When he comes to see me he's comforting, playful, funny, quite sexy. Active and capable all round happy to show you too! Not in a boastful way, but I suppose because he wants to share that with humans. Michael's presence always says 'BIG' to me, big and bright and full of laughter, not someone you can overlook in a room, but not the sort to dominate attention either. If you can get close enough to get a hug (which is mostly just a case of asking and not being scared of one because he's a big huggy teddybear really) you'll find a very warm, open heart in Michael. Though he comes across as a big brother, which I think is a role he's perfected for dealing with us, he has a BIG, SOFT Mother in there too. He once taught me a lesson in being scared to say dirty words. By the time he was done I had no problem cursing in front of him! Oh, and in very private times...extremely gentle, adventurous and passionate. Don't ask me how I know!

Sandalphon
Sandalphon is another one I know very well. Sandalphon is STRONG, and I mean strong. He has a particularly difficult job with Earth, working with Azrael a lot in tandem over issues of fear and ascension. His teachings to me have all been on fear. Sandalphon is extremely loving. He LIGHTS up the room, really beyond anything any other archangel brings, Sandalphon absolutely shines. So brightly that in the first instance and for a long time after meeting him I actually shied away from him.

He's gentle, but honest. If you have a fear, he'll spare no effort or expense to dig it out and expose it to the light. Somehow, even through the worst experiences of human fear he stays completely calm and he'll dig, dig, dig until he finds the cause. He's so good at it he can remove an emotional block that should take months - in hours. Sandalphon is full of joy, he comes across as limitless. In our time together, Sandalphon has taken on three or four different roles with me, all very challenging, all catalysts for change. He's always very gentle, perceptive, very aware of your limits, and very comforting once the job is done.

Gabriel
The last one I know well enough to give a description of is Gabriel. Gabriel is always a woman when she visits me. She's outspoken (but kind), impulsive (in a good way) and I think, very intuitive. I think she knows the mind of women VERY well! She's rather shameless, limitless and has the capacity to be entirely defiant. Put it this way, she doesn't take commands off anyone. She's the sort who'd point out your silliness with an effective little laugh and if you were prone to low self confidence, this could make you feel rather small! She wouldn't be unkind with it, but she's not above delivering such lessons when necessary.

Sort of strung between the innocent playfulness of a little child, the sense of adventure and supportive ability of a vibrant young woman, and the wisdom and quiet knowing of an old woman. She'll use any of the three with you, or a mix, and all are constructive, reassuring and enlightening.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:48 PM
angelwhispers

I agree about michael, he is a giant teddy bear. I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with him. He's caring and sweet even though he's known as a warrior.

Uriel is very matter of fact! No joking, he says what he says and that's it. I don't find him one to elaborate. Uriel has a fire about him.

Gabriel comes to me in male form. He's not as abrupt as Uriel but he was all about work and instructions.

Metatron was a giant, my meeting with him was once and very brief and all i remember was how tall he was.

Everyone sees the archangels differently they come in what you are comfortable with.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:17 AM
Raven Poet

Good point, angel whispers, about how ArchAngels appear differently to different folks - they`re that powerful.

I have an affinity with Gabriel. I see her a female as well. I was told that she is the protector of artists, women who have been victimized, and of intuitives/highly sensitive people. I have a check in all these three areas of human manifestation.

Thus said, I see her as greatly compassionate and an intuitive healer. I pray to her whenever I'm scared and I always feel her compassionate, protective energy.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:47 AM
Gaia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly
I know they show us different things based on what we expect, what we can accept psyhcologically and what we need from them, but here's my experience.

ALL of them are unfailingly loving, and a visit from any one always feels very welcome, comforting, reassuring. Their presence is always very gentle and soothing.

Azrael
I'm closest to Azrael. Azrael is indescribably beautiful up close. He's particularly calm, gentle and wise. Sometimes playful and he often teases, albeit very kindly. He's big on equal rights, he won't stand for even the TINIEST bit of rudeness or unkindness, and he tells you so by pointing out the secret reason you did it! Very uncomfortable if you're prone to criticizing or attacking others OR yourself, even in your mind. Azrael is extremely gentle and compassionate in all he does. He considers everyone on Earth his child. He's very respectful of your wishes and considers free will utterly sacred.

Very open minded, non-judgmental. He seems to live by his heart to me, like he follows his love wherever it goes. He's not strict as a teacher, but his attention is gently PROBING. You know when he's watching you, your soul will have NO desire to hide anything from him. He doesn't invade your space but he looks very closely at you. He never commands, always asks. Doesn't use words loosely or pointlessly. He's actually very soft and warm, has a very well developed Mother side to him. Very social too, funny and (I think anyway) a bit of an expert in the art of snagging one his heart has fancied! As close to love, sacred intimacy and the unfettered love of creating as he is to death and transition. With me anyway, in our, shall we say, private moments, he's like a gathering warm darkness full of loving and passionate intent VERY compassionate being, heartbreakingly sweet around children as well as our inner children!

Michael
Michael strikes me as extroverted, though I'm sure he has the other side somewhere as well. When he comes to see me he's comforting, playful, funny, quite sexy. Active and capable all round happy to show you too! Not in a boastful way, but I suppose because he wants to share that with humans. Michael's presence always says 'BIG' to me, big and bright and full of laughter, not someone you can overlook in a room, but not the sort to dominate attention either. If you can get close enough to get a hug (which is mostly just a case of asking and not being scared of one because he's a big huggy teddybear really) you'll find a very warm, open heart in Michael. Though he comes across as a big brother, which I think is a role he's perfected for dealing with us, he has a BIG, SOFT Mother in there too. He once taught me a lesson in being scared to say dirty words. By the time he was done I had no problem cursing in front of him! Oh, and in very private times...extremely gentle, adventurous and passionate. Don't ask me how I know!

Sandalphon
Sandalphon is another one I know very well. Sandalphon is STRONG, and I mean strong. He has a particularly difficult job with Earth, working with Azrael a lot in tandem over issues of fear and ascension. His teachings to me have all been on fear. Sandalphon is extremely loving. He LIGHTS up the room, really beyond anything any other archangel brings, Sandalphon absolutely shines. So brightly that in the first instance and for a long time after meeting him I actually shied away from him.

He's gentle, but honest. If you have a fear, he'll spare no effort or expense to dig it out and expose it to the light. Somehow, even through the worst experiences of human fear he stays completely calm and he'll dig, dig, dig until he finds the cause. He's so good at it he can remove an emotional block that should take months - in hours. Sandalphon is full of joy, he comes across as limitless. In our time together, Sandalphon has taken on three or four different roles with me, all very challenging, all catalysts for change. He's always very gentle, perceptive, very aware of your limits, and very comforting once the job is done.

Gabriel
The last one I know well enough to give a description of is Gabriel. Gabriel is always a woman when she visits me. She's outspoken (but kind), impulsive (in a good way) and I think, very intuitive. I think she knows the mind of women VERY well! She's rather shameless, limitless and has the capacity to be entirely defiant. Put it this way, she doesn't take commands off anyone. She's the sort who'd point out your silliness with an effective little laugh and if you were prone to low self confidence, this could make you feel rather small! She wouldn't be unkind with it, but she's not above delivering such lessons when necessary.

Sort of strung between the innocent playfulness of a little child, the sense of adventure and supportive ability of a vibrant young woman, and the wisdom and quiet knowing of an old woman. She'll use any of the three with you, or a mix, and all are constructive, reassuring and enlightening.

oh that's wonderful
I came from Islamic background and after I left Islam I forgot all about the Archangels
I remember learning at school that Gabriel is the one responsible for landing the revelation
Michael is the one responsible for bringing rain and plants growth
Azrael is the one responsible for taking the souls when people are dead
is that by any chance true?
I also remember Israfel, Ratael, Ridwan, Malik, Harut and Marut
do they exist? or do you know them?
thank you very much
Old 12-02-2013, 03:31 AM
Pathfinder
There's a really awesome book I read on the subject where the author interviews the angels and asks them about their personalities and likes and such. It's called Azrael Loves Chocolate, Michael's A Jock: An Insider's Guide To What Your Angels Are Really Like, and there is a sort-of part two called The Angel Code. I found her descriptions of the angels were very similar to my own, though obviously there are always some differences :)
Old 16-02-2013, 05:33 PM
DntWrryStrwbrry

How may I see them or experience them? Maybe I have but havent actually seen them? Can anyone help me connect with them? I really would like to but am afraid i will do or say something wrong or even attract the wrong things. :( Help?
Old 16-02-2013, 06:20 PM
partofme

The way in which I found that Gabriel was mine was that I had done a simple online class meditation to invoke my "guardian" to show itself.
I was totally skeptical and was shocked to get the mental imagery of one though at time didnt appear as either sex. It was a silhouette of sorts with the essence of dirty blonde flowing hair wearing a white gown. I googled all the Archangels pictures and picked Gabriel out of the "line-up" so to speak.
Once figuring that out, google information to see if the angel is a fit for you. You'll probably continue to get all sorts of information the more you search. By reading this thread alone Ive learned more about mine that resonates with me.
Hope this helps...Good luck to you!
Old 16-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by DntWrryStrwbrry
How may I see them or experience them? Maybe I have but havent actually seen them? Can anyone help me connect with them? I really would like to but am afraid i will do or say something wrong or even attract the wrong things. :( Help?

Hi,

Speaking as one who has a LOT of contact with them, trust me when I say you can't put a foot wrong with them I sometimes tell stories of their antics and their attitude, and granted some of them are outspoken, adventurous and even a little bit cheeky sometimes but they're EXTREMELY gentle and kind. They don't judge, they always make you feel very comfortable. When I first made contact with Archangel Azrael I actually burst into tears because I was scared of him. He started crying too because I was so upset and he couldn't stand to see me so scared. When I let him close enough he gave me a warm, gentle hug that was FULL of love and comforted me until I realized he was trustworthy.

I was wary of Michael too, and VERY wary of Metatron. But as soon as you get talking to them (or even just spend a bit of time sitting with them) you realise they're just looking at you lovingly, no judgement. None of the archangels have ever hurt me, not even by accident, never said a word or given even a hint of displeasure, never told me off or criticized. Don't worry about saying or doing things wrong. They're soft, warm beings you can always trust.

As for how, best way I know is regular meditation and ask for them to come and join you or sit with you. You can ask them to help you with something, ask them for comfort or reassurance, ask them for a hug. Ask them to teach you about something, say...how to deal better with confrontation for example. Meditate and wait and see what answers come in words, pictures or feelings. I started out talking to them through a pendulum, for 'yes' and 'no' answers.

Alternatively, you can just speak and ask them to send you a gift or sign they can hear you and are listening. Before you start ask God to protect you and to only allow beings in service to God and your highest good to talk to you.

:)
Old 17-02-2013, 02:56 AM
DntWrryStrwbrry

Thank you both for the help. I'll start trying to meditate more often and will ask for their help.

THANKS!!!