Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-11-2016, 07:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
If this helps....I tell friends to close their eyes in a comfy place, a recliner, say.
Imagine you have made one decision;breathe and see how it feels....
think about down the road.
Now, relax, clear your mind...imagine making the other decision...how
does that one make you feel?

One feels a bit uneasy, scary...you feel doubt that you made the right choice, usually.
The other makes you feel ...simply good, at ease, relieved.
(That's your heartfelt one to make.)

It's all about feeeling.

I feel good about making this post....others I delete.
It's about getting to know what feels good and clear and right.
It gets very easy after awhile.
Even the slightest hint of doubt or question...then that was not the right path to take.

My opinion.

Wonderful post, Ms. H.
"Feeling" is the basic key here... how the potential outcome would make us feel.
Honestly, your post should be printed and placed somewhere visible at all times.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:18 AM
Deactivated Account

Your heart: I really, really want that Reece's Chocolate bar, it would make me very happy.

Your head: Oh, but I shouldn't, I wonder why I'm craving something that's not good for me, maybe I should ask my intuition...

Your intuition: The reason I am craving a Reece's Chocolate bar is because my body is lacking in a nutrient that is found in Peanut Butter.

Your Head: Should I just buy some peanut butter then? Is there any harm in treating myself to a Reece's just this once? Maybe I should ask my intuition.

Your Intuition: There is no harm in eating a chocolate bar once in awhile, and treating myself sometimes may actually be good for my emotional well-being.

You probably have a dialogue with your heart and your head on a regular basis.
When you really want to do something, and you really love something, that is your heart speaking.

When you are questioning it and analyzing it, that is your mind. And your head is super helpful at helping you figure out things.

Those of us who are spiritual, also include our intuition in all decisions that we make.

Your heart is not your intuition, but your heart is usually a good beacon that points you in the direction of your higher purpose because your heart knows what you truly love and desire in life.

But just because you love someone, doesn't mean that person is right for you. It just means your heart is desiring love in general. Your heart can sometimes be vague. The heart sometimes wants what it can't have. Your intuition can fine tune your choices and decisions.

Your heart is like a general compass, but your intuition is what truly helps you find the right answer.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:04 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
the head makes plans and plots out the paths to follow;
the heart just feels it's way, in the moment.
one way to get a sense of where your heart is directing:
phrase a choice as having two possibilities to choose from,
then flip a coin. with a clear mind, notice how your heart
will have a preference for which option wins out.

Maybe someone should define the difference between heart and mind. Most people prefer to not feel bad/sad/etc. This preference can also cause degradation (not necessarily) through increasing the pool of the unconscious.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:21 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
If this helps....I tell friends to close their eyes in a comfy place, a recliner, say.
Imagine you have made one decision;breathe and see how it feels....
think about down the road.
Now, relax, clear your mind...imagine making the other decision...how
does that one make you feel?

One feels a bit uneasy, scary...you feel doubt that you made the right choice, usually.
The other makes you feel ...simply good, at ease, relieved.
(That's your heartfelt one to make.)

It's all about feeeling.

I feel good about making this post....others I delete.
It's about getting to know what feels good and clear and right.
It gets very easy after awhile.
Even the slightest hint of doubt or question...then that was not the right path to take.

My opinion.

I don't like this idea of right choice. As a visualization I think your advice truly would prove helpful to some people. Visualization can be an important first step in manifestation.

The issue is that the unconscious is mostly about feeling, and so we can expect distortion through the visualization the less conscious we are. If a drug addict were to visualize a heroin needle going into his arm, I imagine this would 'feel right' to him, although I can't imagine most people thinking he's making the 'right' choice. A lot of times what feels right is an avoidance of the unconscious, and the desires that manifest through that avoidance can be horrifying.

Perhaps rather than answer the question of what's in your heart and what's in your head, the best answer may be to collapse the distinction and see what happens to the question.

I don't mean to be a stickler, but my point is that life is spontaneous, meaning, spontaneity is a core quality of each and every one of our experiences, because ultimately life moves as a singular unfolding. Some teachers talk about decisions arriving 'ready made'. Others talk about intuitive knowings from the higher self in dreams. And yes there is a place for visualization and moving in/with the direction that feels most appealing.

You really couldn't make a wrong choice if you tried. Maybe we could say the only mistakes are the ones we repeat, which is a pointer toward the repercussions of unconsciously pursuing what feels right. I know you aren't recommending this unconscious pursuit, but figured talking about it couldn't hurt.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:28 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
The point is that though a few here don't like to believe it, it's all directed from the brain, sometimes the older parts of the brain, uncluttered by the intellectualising propensity of rational thought. Look up the limbic system. I learned this myself tonight. Your question prompted me raising the issue with a physiological psychologist who's one of a dance group after the session.
I'm not enamoured of this idea myself but..... there it is. I love heart-felt and romance!! Crikey, is life worth living without magic?

It's really not all directed by the brain. It's all directed by consciousness. Your brain doesn't tell a leaf on the tree that there is no more time for growth and vitality, that fall is coming and it's time to say good bye to Mr. Branch and make its way to the ground with the other leaves and begin the process of decomposition.

An intelligence beyond thinking is in operation at any and all times. The brain isn't causing synchronicity, which isn't to say our thoughts and minds don't play function to a greater movement of a unified source. The point being that the creation 'one' is the source of is not dependent on many brain components thinking a certain way for life to unfold as it does. The unfolding is effortless, and what you are is not separate from this unfolding.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Lorelyen

^^^ As you wish. Have a brainectomy and lets see how well consciousness and emotions work....

Old 08-11-2016, 01:37 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by keokutah
Your heart: I really, really want that Reece's Chocolate bar, it would make me very happy.

Your head: Oh, but I shouldn't, I wonder why I'm craving something that's not good for me, maybe I should ask my intuition...

Your intuition: The reason I am craving a Reece's Chocolate bar is because my body is lacking in a nutrient that is found in Peanut Butter.

Your Head: Should I just buy some peanut butter then? Is there any harm in treating myself to a Reece's just this once? Maybe I should ask my intuition.

Your Intuition: There is no harm in eating a chocolate bar once in awhile, and treating myself sometimes may actually be good for my emotional well-being.

Sure, God has no problem with monthly Big Macs at Mickey D's. Although I have to admit this asking Mr. head and Mr. heart and Mr. intuition is all just Mr Mind.

Quote:
You probably have a dialogue with your heart and your head on a regular basis.
When you really want to do something, and you really love something, that is your heart speaking.

When you are questioning it and analyzing it, that is your mind. And your head is super helpful at helping you figure out things.

Ok some working definitions. When you really want to do something, it's your heart? So when someone really wants to shoot heroin, that's a heart desire? It fits the definition. Maybe we need to change the definition.

Then you say: When you question and analyze, that is your mind. Questioning and analyzing is a function of mind, but this isn't an all inclusive definition, right? Whole lot of grey area here.

Quote:
Those of us who are spiritual, also include our intuition in all decisions that we make.

Your heart is not your intuition, but your heart is usually a good beacon that points you in the direction of your higher purpose because your heart knows what you truly love and desire in life.

But just because you love someone, doesn't mean that person is right for you. It just means your heart is desiring love in general.

If your heart is desiring love, welp, it isn't love you desire. Love is an expression of what you are. If it's somewhere else (like in the future), it's in your mind and not an expression of love but a fragmentation of it. If it can be sought, it's a conditioned respite from dis-satisfaction, and calling that love is a slippery slope into a world of pain. Meaning, if it can be found or desired, it can be lost and feared. Does that sound like love to you?

Quote:
Your heart can sometimes be vague. The heart sometimes wants what it can't have. Your intuition can fine tune your choices and decisions.

Your heart is like a general compass, but your intuition is what truly helps you find the right answer.

Sometimes the heart wants what it can't have? This all just sounds like layers of mind. The issue I haven't addressed is what to do about it. If we say mind is not just thought but also feeling, then we can start from there. The division between thought and feeling and how that operates in consciousness is a good thing to notice. If you are already divided, following one and not listening to the other isn't the answer to finding peace or love or happiness. Being conscious of why the division is there would be the absence of the division, which is what peace is.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:38 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
^^^ As you wish. Have a brainectomy and lets see how well consciousness and emotions work....

Life will be just fine without my brain or body. My life would be over, but the point is it was never 'mine' to begin with. Maybe you aren't a body.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamKey
Life will be just fine without my brain or body.
Okay fine. But that wouldn't enable you to respond on this forum. Or eat, or love... in the now. Not sure it helps with the topic itself but ok.
Quote:
My life would be over, but the point is it was never 'mine' to begin with.
Interesting....ok, so your presence here is at the whimsy of...who? Or what? I was given what I call this life, illusory or not, by some kind of cosmic force, to be my own to manage. I'm responsible for what I am and do. When I move on, I'm accountable. .You're lucky. You can blame whoever owns your being if necessary.

Quote:
Maybe you aren't a body.
Possible. Perhaps I'm just a consciousness imagining all this. I've never solved the problem of solipsism. If it is the case then my consciousness is capable of carrying an enduring situation forward. (Enduring, in that it's lasting out with constancy.) As it's all I have I might as well get on with it.

Old 08-11-2016, 05:21 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
the head makes plans and plots out the paths to follow;
the heart just feels it's way, in the moment.
one way to get a sense of where your heart is directing:
phrase a choice as having two possibilities to choose from,
then flip a coin. with a clear mind, notice how your heart
will have a preference for which option wins out.

I like this explanation.

It's really easy.
All thoughts and ideas come from your head.
You can see the heart as an instrument that is judging those thoughts and ideas.
What do you feel when thinking a certain thought? If it feels negative or uncertain, then it's probably a bad idea. If it feels positive, or exciting or full of energy, then it's probably a good idea.