Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-11-2016, 12:47 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi Heart,

What you present brings the word potentials to mind. We have the potential to be more then what "we" may think can be.

Brings me to question; how do we misuse energy?
To me energy is just energy. Is it more in how it is directed?
Just wondering.

Is it how one may identify the self? For me, can agree that spirit is the life giving force, but while experiencing being this person the mind and body also play into this.

In essence can relate my being is not just my mind and body and that there is that energy/spirit that gives life. So, in this regard see all three interacting.

Guess the seperation can occur through how these may get defined and thought to be.

Agree, feel "we" seem to be not fully aware of the potentials that are with in are own being.

Thank you

First off, sorry for breaking down your post into parts.
Your questions…
how do we misuse energy?
I am going to first quote you…

‘You are what you eat’ That is…. “If you are what you eat, you are what you see and hear.” ― E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly

‘Food for thought’

‘As I think so I become’

‘As within, so without’ and visa versa

“Stop thinking, and end your problems.”
― Lao Tzu

“Cogito ergo sum. (I think, therefore I am.)”
― René Descartes

See the pattern here?

If you take just one thought that enters the mind, allowing it to be targeted by the ego (separation of the soul from spirit we call an identity) it will create the chaos we already see around us, this is a grave misuse of energy for example. The feeling of fear is energy that is judged by a conditioned mind, so the problem is not fear itself but the illusion we have created in our own conditioning

Yes, energy is always in a state of motion, but when you direct it into a particular direction you transmute it into something else, this is the philosopher’s stone of all answers to spiritual questions relating to turning lead into gold, or in this case mental alchemy

For energy to have any form of direction it should be moving, would you agree?

To move energy, we need first see it in motion, mind is the tool in which to do this, thought is always in a state of perpetual endless motion within the mind, so mind is always filled with thoughts that are moving in all directions, from all directions. the body forms emotions, which oddly enough also move in all direction and are from all directions so within the mind and body you see and feel thoughts and emotions as one entity,

When we still the mind and empty it of thoughts we gain control of our creative processes and form a bridge between our soul and spirit. We become unconditional
Old 14-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
To ignore one is it to ignore the other? Meaning, that one affects the other and finding harmony with all aspects of oneself.
Simple Spiritual arithmetic - one plus one plus one equals One.
Old 14-11-2016, 09:04 PM
Master
I practice a martial art called `Zenyogkido`, it is a spiritual martial art and its name means, `The way of the mind body and spirit`
For me we are like a venn diagram of these 3 attributes, and they overlap each other, hence are interdependent. We may ultimately be `spirit` but here, on this plane, now, we are a mix of the three. It is important to remember this and to understand that a balance between all three is the best practice.
Old 15-11-2016, 03:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart
First off, sorry for breaking down your post into parts.
Your questions…
how do we misuse energy?
I am going to first quote you…

‘You are what you eat’ That is…. “If you are what you eat, you are what you see and hear.” ― E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly

‘Food for thought’

‘As I think so I become’

‘As within, so without’ and visa versa

“Stop thinking, and end your problems.”
― Lao Tzu

“Cogito ergo sum. (I think, therefore I am.)”
― René Descartes

See the pattern here?

If you take just one thought that enters the mind, allowing it to be targeted by the ego (separation of the soul from spirit we call an identity) it will create the chaos we already see around us, this is a grave misuse of energy for example. The feeling of fear is energy that is judged by a conditioned mind, so the problem is not fear itself but the illusion we have created in our own conditioning

Yes, energy is always in a state of motion, but when you direct it into a particular direction you transmute it into something else, this is the philosopher’s stone of all answers to spiritual questions relating to turning lead into gold, or in this case mental alchemy

For energy to have any form of direction it should be moving, would you agree?

To move energy, we need first see it in motion, mind is the tool in which to do this, thought is always in a state of perpetual endless motion within the mind, so mind is always filled with thoughts that are moving in all directions, from all directions. the body forms emotions, which oddly enough also move in all direction and are from all directions so within the mind and body you see and feel thoughts and emotions as one entity,

When we still the mind and empty it of thoughts we gain control of our creative processes and form a bridge between our soul and spirit. We become unconditional

Hi Heart,

Thank you for the very clear response.

Brings some further thoughts on this.

Find can get to caught up in the thoughts and yes can at times bring focus away from my being in the sense don't feel centered.

Which can relate to feeling a discourse with spirit. Which in a way is an illusion for feel spirit is never in discourse with me. It is just misdirected thought, which can lead to imbalance with in myself. Yes, chaos of sorts.

Feel energy to move it needs direction, but if I don't know or unaware how to move it, the energy is going to go somewhere. Which to me can lead into illness/imbalance if I try and hold it in instead of letting it come and go. Breathing deep breaths is a good exercise for me to do this. Also just giving time to have some things work themselves out.

Looking at thoughts and emotions they seem to be more indicators/ responders of where one is directing ones energy or being affected by the energy that is around. In this sense I see energy as always moving/in motion. For feel we are always affected by it in some manner.

The practice of bringing more stillness to my mind does settle my mind and body. Brings more openness to just being and the flow of spirit with in and about. Find it is all connected.
Old 15-11-2016, 03:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
I practice a martial art called `Zenyogkido`, it is a spiritual martial art and its name means, `The way of the mind body and spirit`
For me we are like a venn diagram of these 3 attributes, and they overlap each other, hence are interdependent. We may ultimately be `spirit` but here, on this plane, now, we are a mix of the three. It is important to remember this and to understand that a balance between all three is the best practice.

Hi peteyzen,

Have not heard of 'Zenyogkido', learned a new name of a practice.

Agree that while this physical being it consists of mind, body, and spirit and important to take care of each aspect as best one can.

Thank you