Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-11-2016, 01:46 PM
Experiencer
Dishonesty - karma and mind-body connection

Background: I love Person A and Person B equally. They love *me* equally. (This isn't an affair or any cheating situation, lol). Regardless, I lied to Person B in order to protect Person A's mentality, emotions, and general happiness. There is no damage being caused to Person B by not knowing. But if I tell him, I break everything listed above for Person A, *and* possibly break Person B's trust for the lack of transparency.

I'm wondering what the karmic/energetic repercussions are to take the action I did. The lie was not told in self-preservation or self-protection. Still - I care about how the effects of lying may possibly damage me. And yes, there are karmic consequences with every action... I'm just debating which will cause more damage to everyone involved now.

So is dishonesty ever ok, if it's in the interest and protection of someone else? Are there ways to clear karma with someone while never identifying the exact source of dishonesty to them? What will happen to the body, physically or energetically, if the mind continues to lie without ever coming clean?

Whatever thoughts you have on this subject are incredibly appreciated.
Thank you!
Old 09-11-2016, 02:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur de Frost
Background: I love Person A and Person B equally. They love *me* equally. (This isn't an affair or any cheating situation, lol). Regardless, I lied to Person B in order to protect Person A's mentality, emotions, and general happiness.

I think this situation is clearly understandable and relatable. I've always thought in terms of multiple POV's, not just a single POV. Btw, the number 1 reason for dishonesty is to protect another. Haven't we all experienced it at times. I guess I know how I would wish to be treated to. To me it is logical. I'd say does person B protect themselves which is the same thing. My own feeling is if one does, then I honor that and that persons wishes. Both A and B are unique beings. Either that or then say absolutely nothing. And why is it so hard for us to say nothing. This is a real pheromone we have the impulse to say something. I've noticed that about communication.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:02 PM
Master
Hello,

In my view it is never a wise to be dishonest with some one. We are all telepathic. The subconscious of any person will know you have lied. How effective it will be at informing the conscious brain of these things is the only issue as I see these things.

About the only exception to this personal rule is when some one has the intent to harm you. Then what ever you can say or present as a reality to them which would avoid that harm, I would consider ok.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 09-11-2016, 04:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello,

In my view it is never a wise to be dishonest with some one. We are all telepathic. The subconscious of any person will know you have lied. How effective it will be at informing the conscious brain of these things is the only issue as I see these things.

About the only exception to this personal rule is when some one has the intent to harm you. Then what ever you can say or present as a reality to them which would avoid that harm, I would consider ok.

John

True John, but then a person can ask. There are signals you are receiving and giving out. Are you saying ignore what you're picking up. It is said that as much as 95% of communication by nature is non-verbal and recognized by us. If a person does not ask, do we force our point. You make a perfect point about recognition, communication is 1) two way and 2) we know. Who's communication then is more important if it is known at some level, you then acquire responsibility to foster and ensure clarity and understanding as pain is created. Very touchy subject to be sure. Have to agree if harm is involved, you may have to get involved. So very complicated. What if a person is giving you permission not to say something.

We also aren't considering something that may be existing, it may be about what I see and being judgmental as to what the me thinks is best, but obviously some conflict is evident. I tend to know what's right for others......haha.

Was wondering do you see any merit to this. What about truth when ready. A person will shut down communication and nothing is gained at all except a negative response.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Master

I think its fine to lie is there was self love in the equation. There are many reasons we lie and as long as the intentions are good all is clear. If you have self love then you would know your intention.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur de Frost
Background: I love Person A and Person B equally. They love *me* equally. (This isn't an affair or any cheating situation, lol). Regardless, I lied to Person B in order to protect Person A's mentality, emotions, and general happiness. There is no damage being caused to Person B by not knowing. But if I tell him, I break everything listed above for Person A, *and* possibly break Person B's trust for the lack of transparency.

I'm wondering what the karmic/energetic repercussions are to take the action I did. The lie was not told in self-preservation or self-protection. Still - I care about how the effects of lying may possibly damage me. And yes, there are karmic consequences with every action... I'm just debating which will cause more damage to everyone involved now.

So is dishonesty ever ok, if it's in the interest and protection of someone else? Are there ways to clear karma with someone while never identifying the exact source of dishonesty to them? What will happen to the body, physically or energetically, if the mind continues to lie without ever coming clean?

Whatever thoughts you have on this subject are incredibly appreciated.
Thank you!

Karma embodies intentions; if we do something by mistake our karma may be different than if we do something on purpose.
If I am trying to hurt someone my karma will be in-kind, but if I hurt someone unintentionally then that is the kind of karma I will generate.

If someone was going to beat up your friend and your friend hide in your house, and the person who wanted to beat them up
came to your door and asked you if you had seen your friend, and you answered "no" even though your friend was hiding in
your house, you have done a good thing and possibly saved your friend some pain and anguish; your karma would be likewise.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:54 AM
Guide

I think that we cannot be completely honest if we want to socialize. It is about hiding some part of the truth to avoid hurting people. I think that there will be no consequences for that.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared.L
I think that we cannot be completely honest if we want to socialize. It is about hiding some part of the truth to avoid hurting people. I think that there will be no consequences for that.

In truth I see two elements, always have. Because this is totally relatable to me I would like to explore it again.

This is what I have always seen, to me socializing is a different measure and in the purpose. Protecting the self by wearing a mask in public. In that respect just by doing, there will be consequences. Karma is about honesty. Karma is about learning. or at least involves these things. There is never a time there is no effect because cause is why.

Now for me this is what I have said to myself as I have experienced the idea to avoid hurting others, it is and has been about love not self socializing, not self love. This is what I have come to see, if I were to describe my experiencing of it. I'm interested to see others views because guess what, I never asked anyone else. I allow you to see what I have seen. Just wanted to do that. Wondering about the interpretation of others who have experienced it to.

Do I wear a mask then when I think I don't wear one.