Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-11-2016, 05:36 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Okay fine. But that wouldn't enable you to respond on this forum. Or eat, or love... Like, in the now.

Interesting....ok, so your presence here is at the whimsy of...who? Or what? I was given what I call this life, illusory or not, by some kind of cosmic force, to be my own to manage.

What makes you think you were given a life to manage? Have you investigated that idea to see if it's true?

Quote:
My ontic realm. I am responsible for what I am and do. If and when there's a day of judgement or whatever, deciding what I must go through as I pass on from here, I hope I won't have done too badly acquitting myself. You're lucky. You can blame whoever owns your being.

Nobody owns being. You are being.

Quote:
Possible. Perhaps I'm just a consciousness imagining all this. I've never solved the problem of solipsism. If it is the case then my consciousness is capable of carrying an enduring situation forward. (Enduring, in that it's lasting out with constancy.) As it's all I have I suppose I can rely on it.

I'm sure you're not alone, and I appreciate your viewpoint and sharing energy.

The world of form is an appearance. Your perceptions appear to something that does not appear. What ever this something is, it cannot be changing. If there was not a changeless quality to your human experience, it would be logically impossible to register change. And yet, we see change happening all the time.

The issue is this changeless quality isn't actually a part of the experience. It is aware spaciousness where experience takes place. It isn't a 'where' like a time and a place, but a conscious presence that gives way to the idea that you are in time at a certain place. This conscious presence animates the molecules in your body and is no farther away than the tip of your nose.

Your conscious presence does not depend on the human form. At the same time, this conscious presence permeates the human form. In its own way, it lets you know that you are this conscious presence, and while this conscious presence can observe a unique expression of itself in your form, it is in no way limited by or to your form.

What does limit this conscious presence are beliefs surrounding the experience of being human. These limitations lead to a need to compensate, until the limitations are made conscious and seen through. In this sense, the presence is only 'apparently' limited to the idea of being a separate person. If you believe in this apparent limitation, your experience will confirm it for you. If you let go of the belief, there you are, unadorned yet unafraid, untouchable yet witnessing hands touch the keyboard while air passes into your lungs. Awareness doesn't have a need to manage your life. In fact, as we see through limitations, the idea that we 'own' a life or body is seen through, and the fact that the singular unfolding takes care of itself through an intelligence far more expansive than the implicitly limited thinking mind reveals itself.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamKey
If a drug addict were to visualize a heroin needle going into his arm,
I imagine this would 'feel right' to him...
Good point, DreamKey.

My life decisions are simple, hahaha ...do I want to sell this property or not.
Do I want to go to this party..or not.
Do I want to say 'this' to this person or drop it.....as in, which makes me feel better
when I picture the results ....usually going with the less complicated and
the ''better feeling feeling' as Abraham advises.
No heroin or bank robberies in my mental scenarios....

The head gets confused, the heart is pretty simple.
I believe what Jesus said that we were not born with a spirit of confusion...the clarity
in every situation lies within us.
And that happens being still ...connecting with the heart.
To explain myself better?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-11-2016, 05:59 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
What makes you think you were given a life to manage? Have you investigated that idea to see if it's true?

Yes. Gnosis. I'm known here for questioning and validating.

Quote:
Nobody owns being. You are being.
Have you investigated that to see if it's true?

Quote:
I'm sure you're not alone, and I appreciate your viewpoint and sharing energy.

The world of form is an appearance. Your perceptions....
My perceptions? Just now you said nobody owns being. So are you saying that my perceptions are separate from being? 'Your' being a possessive pronoun.
Quote:
....appear to something that does not appear. What ever this something is, it cannot be changing. If there was not a changeless quality to your human experience, it would be logically impossible to register change. And yet, we see change happening all the time.
My experience expands all the time. It has to integrate with other experiences as it goes. You seem to have built a paradox from words rather than substance.
Ok. It's pretty abstruse, Can't say I agree with what I can make of the concept.

I'll leave the rest because it's starting to hijack the topic. Let's just say that I don't buy it so best to agree to differ.

Quote:
The issue is this changeless quality isn't actually a part of the experience. It is aware spaciousness where experience takes place. It isn't a 'where' like a time and a place, but a conscious presence that gives way to the idea that you are in time at a certain place. This conscious presence animates the molecules in your body and is no farther away than the tip of your nose.

Your conscious presence does not depend on the human form. At the same time, this conscious presence permeates the human form. In its own way, it lets you know that you are this conscious presence, and while this conscious presence can observe a unique expression of itself in your form, it is in no way limited by or to your form.

What does limit this conscious presence are beliefs surrounding the experience of being human. These limitations lead to a need to compensate, until the limitations are made conscious and seen through. In this sense, the presence is only 'apparently' limited to the idea of being a separate person. If you believe in this apparent limitation, your experience will confirm it for you. If you let go of the belief, there you are, unadorned yet unafraid, untouchable yet witnessing hands touch the keyboard while air passes into your lungs. Awareness doesn't have a need to manage your life. In fact, as we see through limitations, the idea that we 'own' a life or body is seen through, and the fact that the singular unfolding takes care of itself through an intelligence far more expansive than the implicitly limited thinking mind reveals itself.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:00 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Good point, DreamKey.

My life decisions are simple, hahaha ...do I want to sell this property or not.
Do I want to go to this party..or not.
Do I want to say 'this' to this person or drop it.....as in, which makes me feel better
when I picture the results ....usually going with the less complicated and
the ''better feeling feeling' as Abraham advises.
No heroin or bank robberies in my mental scenarios....

I guess my point is there is a natural gravitation toward better feeling decisions with consciousness of the options. I'm also saying that what you are is consciousness and the idea that one needs to contemplate which avenue will feel the best is redundant.

Simultaneously, while the human mind may not ultimately be you, I've obviously had the experience of going to dinner and not being sure what to order from the menu.

On that line however, feelings are spontaneous. They arise in and appear to consciousness based on not just the conditions around you but the conditioning of your mind, your preferences and beliefs. If there is a belief acting as a block to feeling better, the reason for that is the unconscious resistance of energy. One cannot choose the better feeling feeling without consciousness of the blockage, and one will not gain consciousness of the blockage while identified with a mind choosing to feel this way or that.

Does that make sense?

Quote:
The head gets confused, the heart is pretty simple.
I believe what Jesus said that we were not born with a spirit of confusion...the clarity
in every situation lies within us.
And that happens being still ...connecting with the heart.
To explain myself better?

Welp, I would not say the infant has clarity with regard to universal unfolding I would say the infant isn't confused about it either, and that absence of confusion is spiritual innocence.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Knower

Quote:
Yes. Gnosis. I'm known here for questioning and validating.

Have you investigated that to see if it's true?

Yes, it's self verifiable. Are you really unsure if you're being right now?

Quote:
My perceptions? Just now you said nobody owns being. So are you saying that my perceptions are separate from being?My human experience expands all the time. You seem to have built a paradox from words rather than substance. Ok. It's pretty abstruse, Can't say I agree with the concept but still.

I'll leave the rest because it's starting to hijack the topic. Let's just say that I don't buy it so best to agree to differ.

I don't think it's best to agree to differ, and there is no paradox. Creation literally is perception. While we can say your body perceives the computer through the senses, and consciousness is aware of the body's perception, there is no implied separation between the 3. They're all 1, and I'm saying the heart and mind distinction is equally flimsy.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:52 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:

I don't think it's best to agree to differ, and there is no paradox.
Then you're just bombarding me with words!

I agreed to differ because this is subverting the topic. Maybe another topic necessary?
Quote:
Creation literally is perception. While we can say your body perceives the computer through the senses, and consciousness is aware of the body's perception, there is no implied separation between the 3. They're all 1, and I'm saying the heart and mind distinction is equally flimsy.
...and I honestly don't think that's enough of a throw-in to claim the rest is on topic.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:20 PM
Knower

Quote:
Then you're just bombarding me with words!

Just because there isn't a paradox doesn't mean I'm bombarding you with words. Paradox is mental confusion, and the words are meant to clear that up. If you'd rather believe in the paradox, that's fine.

Quote:
I agree to differ because this is subverting the topic. Maybe another topic necessary?

...and I honestly don't think that's enough of a throw-in to claim the rest is on topic.

I think getting some clarity on the nature of experience would shine light on this heart and mind distinction. The OP wanted to know how to tell the difference, and I'm saying within a certain context there isn't one. Treating a conceptual overlay as 'reality', and then wondering how to find peace grounded on this fundamental misconception is a step in a non peaceful direction. Examining the misconception is an option.

Point being, that if you want to know the difference between heart and mind to find a more fulfilling, life, and ultimately speaking, there isn't one, the perspectives are at odds with each other while the truth stands alone. You can disagree with it, but I'm not sure why that's better.

If you're saying my point isn't relevant to the OP, then we can agree to disagree
Old 08-11-2016, 08:34 PM
Lorelyen

No further comment...

Old 08-11-2016, 11:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by William 辰
I like this explanation.

It's really easy.
All thoughts and ideas come from your head.
You can see the heart as an instrument that is judging those thoughts and ideas.
What do you feel when thinking a certain thought? If it feels negative or uncertain, then it's probably a bad idea. If it feels positive, or exciting or full of energy, then it's probably a good idea.

i'd steer clear of using the word "judgment" for this process.
i've come to think of judgment as a mental faculty which
divides stuff into classes and provides labels for them.
the heart can discern the balance point between given variables,
but it's not using "judgment" to do that (as i understand things).

your general idea aligns with my feelings/thoughts however.
i believe that the heart can feel what the energy is behind
a particular notion... it can sense love (or "something else").

i believe that: a matured heart recognizes that ALL things are
essentially an expression of love... since Source is love, and
ALL things trace their origination to Source energy.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:59 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
i'd steer clear of using the word "judgment" for this process.
i've come to think of judgment as a mental faculty which
divides stuff into classes and provides labels for them.
the heart can discern the balance point between given variables,
but it's not using "judgment" to do that (as i understand things).

your general idea aligns with my feelings/thoughts however.
i believe that the heart can feel what the energy is behind
a particular notion... it can sense love (or "something else").

i believe that: a matured heart recognizes that ALL things are
essentially an expression of love... since Source is love, and
ALL things trace their origination to Source energy.

You're right. Judgment isn't really the right word.