Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-04-2019, 02:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
What I would like to know...

Why the aversion and often, open hatred towards those who are desperate for affection? What makes a puppy different from a person in this regard?

According to spiritual people, having the desire to feel loved and secure is wrong somehow and all I want to know is why? Is it because I don't deserve to be loved? because that is the logical conclusion that most people make who don't receive it.

...and where do other people get off saying they know what is best for me as an excuse to behave without love and kindness? no...they are doing what is best for them, but their own ego won't let them admit it.

Why are most (not all) people who call themselves "spiritual" the most judgmental, critical, egotistical and think they know what is best for everyone creatures on this planet? When I am given love and affection, I grow and thrive...when I am not, I wither and die...and it is as simple as that.

Human beings have not been forthcoming with providing it because "wanting to be loved" is a sin (for some unknown reason), however, Source is never short of this precious commodity and says "you need love and affection don't you?.come hither my beloved"...so, the universe provides me with everything that people cannot....and that should be enough, right?

To tell you all quite honestly, I am pretty much over this whole "spiritual" trip and "being spiritual" because I realise that I am not...nothing like it!

I realise that not everything is a "lesson I need to learn".
I realise that I am not responsible for the way people act towards me, so "looking within to find out why" is pretty much futile....they may have just had a bad day.
I realise that wanting to be loved is not a bad thing...and where is the love that "spiritual people" have anyway? or is that love conditional based on another's perceived need? ie, I will only love you if you don't expect that I will, or else I will hate you?

Nope, I am not a spiritual person and never was, really...at least I can remove my head from being up my own a$$ occasionally to get a good look at the scenery.
It is also very interesting to note that even among the "spiritual elite" some desires are seen as being a-okay and some desires are not, when basically ALL desire is an anathema to soul-growth.

For example, it is fully acceptable to want/desire money and material goods, but NOT to want/desire love.

This is why so much emphasis is placed upon material gain, because it is seen to be the most socially acceptible substitute FOR love and all of the "money mantras/spells/affirmations" all over the internet are testament TO it, i.e if love isn't going to make me happy, then money will.

Having said that and about affirmations...try these:

"I am a very lovable person"
"Everybody loves me unconditionally"
"People only say positive things about me"
"I am given all of the love and affection I need"
"I attract only positive, loving energy"

Then, whenever somebody says/does something contrary to it, you can learn to develop selective hearing yourself in regards and your conscious and subconscious mind will simply refuse to hear/register what they have said, so they didn't say it, even though everybody around you heard what they said, but they still won't be able to convince you, simply because you don't believe it...you can even get to argue that the Earth is flat based upon it and you'd be right.
Old 14-04-2019, 03:01 AM
iorek65

Quote:
It is also very interesting to note that even among the "spiritual elite" some desires are seen as being a-okay and some desires are not, when basically ALL desire is an anathema to soul-growth.

For example, it is fully acceptable to want/desire money and material goods, but NOT to want/desire love.

This is why so much emphasis is placed upon material gain, because it is seen to be the most socially acceptible substitute FOR love and all of the "money mantras/spells/affirmations" all over the internet are testament TO it, i.e if love isn't going to make me happy, then money will.

Having said that and about affirmations...try these:

"I am a very lovable person"
"Everybody loves me unconditionally"
"People only say positive things about me"
"I am given all of the love and affection I need"
"I attract only positive, loving energy"

Then, whenever somebody says/does something contrary to it, you can learn to develop selective hearing yourself in regards and your conscious and subconscious mind will simply refuse to hear/register what they have said, so they didn't say it, even though everybody around you heard what they said, but they still won't be able to convince you, simply because you don't believe it...you can even get to argue that the Earth is flat based upon it and you'd be right.

The central point for me is essentially that the universe isn't the source of real love -- if you want to experience deeper love and appreciation it encompasses connecting to energy that breaks the barriers of the universe itself. There are beings incarnated here who have that, and there are others who are working for false light and alien/et orders wearing many different faces that do not.

It is all about discernment. You made some good points and have understandable indignation -- I'm just being rooted in what experience for me and those i'm closest with is deeper truth than the many awakenings/people who are part of them exhibit in their character.

Cheers
Old 14-04-2019, 03:41 AM
Master
Quote:
What I would like to know...

Why the aversion and often, open hatred towards those who are desperate for affection? What makes a puppy different from a person in this regard?

According to spiritual people, having the desire to feel loved and secure is wrong somehow and all I want to know is why? Is it because I don't deserve to be loved? because that is the logical conclusion that most people make who don't receive it

This is so very true. In some it may be an understanding that attachment to being loved a certain way can cause you to suffer because it may not happen.

Most though recoil from it because they do not want to acknowledge the place within themselves that also has not been loved sufficiently or has put up blocks to love.

It also to me makes sense we all underneath crave love and connection, unity, because we are one under it all. Connection and unity is truth, separation is illusion, so no matter where one is in there exploration of separation underneath we all crave the connection, love, unity.

Most are not even close to done exploring separation so perhaps cannot feel the craving for unity so when they see it in others they push it away, others that yearn for it too but try to block it out will see your honest craving and feel it so again push it away. We are not a very aware species.

You seem to be quite good at recognizing the truth, so just trust yourself and try not to get to frustrated with those who let you down. Remember your own words. They do not know any better. Small consolation I know.
Old 14-04-2019, 03:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iorek65
The central point for me is essentially that the universe isn't the source of real love -- if you want to experience deeper love and appreciation it encompasses connecting to energy that breaks the barriers of the universe itself. There are beings incarnated here who have that, and there are others who are working for false light and alien/et orders wearing many different faces that do not.

It is all about discernment. You made some good points and have understandable indignation -- I'm just being rooted in what experience for me and those i'm closest with is deeper truth than the many awakenings/people who are part of them exhibit in their character.

Cheers
That is fair enough too and we may also agree to differ, based on said personal experiences.

From my more recent internet forays, the witholding of love and the "not giving of f***s" are just classic signs and symptoms of your garden variety covert narcissist anyway. The age of entitlement has also ushered in the age of the narcissist.

Have you ever heard about the "cluster B" people?
https://youtu.be/F-t-5IoNPhY

There is a lot more to it than just saying it is "false light" because "false people" have a lot more to do with it.

How the hell humans ever came up with the idea that they are totally infallable and immune from being responsible for their own spiritual choices, I have absolutely no freaking idea!
Old 14-04-2019, 04:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
This is so very true. In some it may be an understanding that attachment to being loved a certain way can cause you to suffer because it may not happen.

Most though recoil from it because they do not want to acknowledge the place within themselves that also has not been loved sufficiently or has put up blocks to love.

It also to me makes sense we all underneath crave love and connection, unity, because we are one under it all. Connection and unity is truth, separation is illusion, so no matter where one is in there exploration of separation underneath we all crave the connection, love, unity.

Most are not even close to done exploring separation so perhaps cannot feel the craving for unity so when they see it in others they push it away, others that yearn for it too but try to block it out will see your honest craving and feel it so again push it away. We are not a very aware species.

You seem to be quite good at recognizing the truth, so just trust yourself and try not to get to frustrated with those who let you down. Remember your own words. They do not know any better. Small consolation I know.
Thank you for that and you are so right! I just need to get out more and an online "spiritual forum" is more like a "lonely hearts club" and the amount of spiritual bypassing which occurs here to cover deep, emotional insecurities is astounding...at least I can recognise it for what it is!

https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2017-45103-001

Isn't that informative? Karl Marx would have loved it.

However, I shall take the words of Jesus one step further..

"Forgive them, Father, for they know not who they are" it only irks me when they believe they do...but I'll live.

In regards to the "opium of the masses"...there IS a choice! Wanna find people who DO give a f***? then go to Church! Don't wanna go to Church? then don't complain about the indifference in the REST of society...easy peasy pie.
Old 14-04-2019, 04:48 AM
janielee

Quote:
the amount of spiritual bypassing which occurs here to cover deep, emotional insecurities is astounding...at least I can recognise it for what it is!

https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2017-45103-001

Hi SD,

I like the article you quote here - I haven't read it apart from the synopsis but I think that there is definitely an element of that for many people. It's a thin line after all and spirituality encompasses so many things - the psyche, personality, issues - but also genuine transcendence, love, compassion and the like. I wonder how we differentiate what is what. When is it avoidance versus genuinely working on spiritual development? Maybe you will have some thoughts on this at some point, you always seem to have a good eye on these things

I hope you feel better soon,

JL
Old 14-04-2019, 05:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Hi SD,

I like the article you quote here - I haven't read it apart from the synopsis but I think that there is definitely an element of that for many people. It's a thin line after all and spirituality encompasses so many things - the psyche, personality, issues - but also genuine transcendence, love, compassion and the like. I wonder how we differentiate what is what. When is it avoidance versus genuinely working on spiritual development? Maybe you will have some thoughts on this at some point, you always seem to have a good eye on these things

I hope you feel better soon,

JL
Ever since we take our first breath, the whole gamut of human existence and experience is only just a "bypass" on our way back to the Divine.

Yes, we can talk about "avoidant behaviour" until all the sacred cows come home, but what are we really avoiding? a reality that isn't real anyway...so the avoidant behaviour creates scenarios which are as equally non-real as the rest of any relative reality (Maya) could ever be.

In a way though, drinking booze, taking drugs, spiritual fantasy is all seen as "escapism", but what is it that one is escaping from if there is nowhere to go? The answer, of course, is Brahman...non-duality and realising that "nobody here" is being indifferent or uncaring because "Oneness" is.

Now, I have a post to write about monkey gods and empty chairs.

Thank you for your wishes that I get well soon....yep, it needs a fresh band aid placed over the gaping wound in my heart.
Old 14-04-2019, 05:33 AM
janielee

Thank you for your enlightening responses, as always, SD.

Metta, and Namaste --

JL
Old 14-04-2019, 07:07 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Once I have evolved enough to realise that I don't require the support of anybody else in my little "rebellion" because I have everything I need inside myself (but I have enormous difficulties accessing it) and therefore I do not NEED other people to "give a f***" as long as I do...so what USE are the other 8 billion people on this planet anyway, if whatever they say, positive or negative is totally immaterial to me, because if true spirituality means to exist without the need for love, care and appreciation from the rest of mankind, I can also do without their criticism, rudeness and inconsideration as well...you know, just to make it all fair and square...then I will get back to you.

My heart is in a hill tribe somewhere...eating mushrooms and dancing around a fire...and I wake up in the 'burbs with drunken neighhours throwing beer bottles at each other, doing screechies up and down the street and using the local creek as a mattress dumping station and all I can do is go "wha happened? where am I? who are all these crazy folk?"

The hypnotherapist forcing my subconscious mind to accept a reality that does not exist so I can become convinced that it does and to live in a wilfull yet blissful delusional state is looking better and better to me each day. I just don't have the energy anymore...

https://youtu.be/VP_e1UrdvZA
What is true Spirituality?

If you start with care and appreciation for yourself, if you can start with Loving yourself and accepting who you are maybe other people will start accepting you to. You show a face of conflict to the world, is that a reflection of the conflict you have for yourself? If so then only you can resolve the conflict. Some of those eight billion people will give a f**k for you regardless of what you project out, you just have to let go of your idea that none of them give a f**k for you.

After my long-term partner and I split up I ended up in a very grubby flat in a very grubby part of town. I had the linoleum tiles on the floor that had been there since it was build, and scatterings of carpet tack strips. I bought curtains that were semi-transparent but affordable and a couple of director's chairs. With that and a cheap flat-pack table my living room was comfy. I had a mattress on the floor of the bedroom and a scruffy quilt, both of which would have been dumped. I had little choice but to get on with it.

More recently I was rushed in to hospital with a heart rate of 120 and no pulse, was involved in a car smash that should have killed both me and Mrs G and had an operation to remove a tumour that has been growing for over four years, as close as I can make out. Whether or not that was successful remains to be seen.

I've spent my whole Life wanting to be somewhere else, wanting to be someone else other than me because I could never find me. The shrink says I'm borderline schizo and for the last year or a little more I've gone through an ascension process of reintegrating and shifting the ****.

Regardless of all this Spiritual nonsense of creating our own realities, this has been reality for me, deal with it and move on. Mrs G's stiill struggling because part of her brain is dead thanks to a brain-bleed, and I'm lucky to have her after her heart attack. As for headcase daughter and more-of-a-headcase boyfriend..... My chosen reality would be a lottery win and a motorhome, but...

I give a damn for the people around me because I don't know what they're going through. I know we've lost at least five regulars that have died, two partners have brain-wasting conditions - as has my mother, she has dementia. I watch people I care about deteriorate and come apart at the seams. I give a damn that I give a damn and I give a damn for those that give a damn, because I know hat it's like when you really need someone to give a damn. The rest I treat at least with a modicum of respect.

Your internal reality and how you interact with the rest of the world, that's your responsibility.
Old 14-04-2019, 07:09 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I was never given the free will to love God or NOT to love God...the latter was never an option for me.
Thinking you don't have the free will is an act of free will.