Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 31-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Maiya

Yes they are.

And we could all be doing with being a little more positive about our own future and the future of this planet.
Old 31-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Knower
Lol moke, yep I'm only at the beginning of my journey so anything positive and full of love and light is welcome here ;)

Maiya, absolutely true
Old 01-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Maiya

Thanks folks.

I crawled out of a deep dark hole and The Power Of Positive Thinking was the first of many books I picked up in order to get passed it all.

To improve the quality of our lives we need to become more positive and affirmations is a very good tool to begin with.

I admire people who can be positive without all the hard work. But that’s just not me.

Unfortunately I am a born pessimist, and pessimists can't become optimists.

But we pessimists can work to be optimistic pessimists and affirmations can help.

moke
Old 02-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
Affirmations are great in the shift of perspective, yet I say there is no need. All to know is to accept what is in every moment.

In my opinion what you're saying is to be the paasenger and enjoy the view but once in a while we can be the driver and go where we want to go.

Take care
Old 03-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Pathfinder
Importance of Affirmations

I think positive affirmations are very helpful not only for those with tendencies toward pessimism but also those with bouts of depression. My mind has been to some depths and the affirmations can provide the hope and positivity needed to break through that. They become more than words, they carry meaning and a sense of well being with them. Today the affirmation "Life sometimes takes alot of strength, and it is possible for me to be strong" got through to me when I really didn't feel like anything could.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:13 PM
santacruz18

The spiritual church I attend teaches that your affirmations should be stated as "already so". Affirm the truth of you, it's already happened, it's done. Treat for the result, not how to get it.
"Whatever pain I had, no longer bothers me". "I am in fine perfect health".

Just offering this, I am learning this too.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Maiya

True. That’s what I thought too. Affirmations should be affirmed in the present. What we are trying to do is trick the senses into believing they things are better then they are until they are.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Katie_Kava

I think affirmations are particularly good for overcoming self doubt about specific things. I use them in my career to great effect. For example if I have some abundance issues:

I attract the highest paying clients. or
I now have more than enough high paying clients etc

They are great for overcoming those limiting beliefs.
Old 16-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Maiya

Affirmations, a very simple yet very powerful tool you can utilize to improve the quality of your life.

Repeating a positive affirmation daily will rewire your belief system the result of which will be more positive results.

Imagine your brain is like a computer; what goes in will determine what comes out.

And more... We are creating our own reality through our thoughts words and actions. Quietening and refining our thought process creates for each of us a better quality of life.

The quality of your life is determined by the quality of your thoughts.
Old 16-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Maiya

While some people think affirmations are too abstract to work properly they underestimate the importance of the beliefs and messages we tell ourselves. The messages we tell ourselves teach us how to act, even if those messages are repeated unconsciously. So every time you see something expensive you want but feel you can’t afford you unconsciously tell yourself “I don’t have the money for the things I want.” This is a good example of a negative message most people wire into their belief system without even realizing it.

Repeating affirmations, on the other hand, is a conscious way of creating a personal belief system which aligns with your true desires.