Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 20-11-2012, 12:16 AM
Experiencer

Question Am I reading this sign wrong?

I had the thought of emailing an out of state place that I would like to volunteer at to see if they could use me and if anything could be arranged. I asked the Universe/God to send me a sign if I was supposed to email them. Well, I thought about it for a while and then decided I would anyway, as the worst that could happen is they say no. So as I'm typing the email, I hear a commercial on TV advertising something that was DIRECTLY related to this organization. Like I knew when I heard it that it was a sign, and it stood out over all of the other commercials, which I didn't hear at all. Today, I got a response, which seemed like an automated response (copy and paste type of thing), but was discouraging as it sounds like volunteering for a certain amount of time isn't going to work - their setup is one day of the week every week. There is an email at the bottom for "If any of these positions suit you, email so and so..." but I feel like it's probably useless and nothing would come out of it because I live too far away. Why would they send me this sign to do this if I'm apparently not supposed to? This time I actually acted on the sign, and I got nothing. Why??
Old 20-11-2012, 12:53 AM
amy green

A couple of thoughts occurred to me:-

- could the sign be wanting you to think about stretching your boundaries, i.e. is one day a week every week totally out of the question?

- often it may be that the reason a sign is given may not be obvious or immediately apparently. For instance, it may be to provide a shift in the way you think or it can be that you may meet significant people along the way (not with the sign you give above though).
Old 20-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Experiencer

Well, yes, I coudln't be there once a week because it's like a 10 hour drive, and I can't exactly just up and move there by myself, nor would I necessarily want to. I was figuring maybe I coudl volunteer for a few days or a week or so and then come back. As much as I would like to volunteer often, I physically couldn't unless I moved there... I feel weird ignoring it and just doing nothing though. It feels like giving up, even though I wasn't really expecting them to say yes anyway just becuase I live so far away, and they don't know me or anything. But it was also the only thing I could come up with to get me moving forward. I feel very, very stuck in my current lifestyle, and it seemed like the perfect thing to get us out of the rut. Obviously, I was hoping kind of selfishly that they'd say yes, becuase it would be volunteering (which I haven't done in quite a while), it'd be a place I haven't been, and possibly meeting a few people I'd really like to meet. But I also feel a need to help the organization regardless of who is or isn't involved. I don't know if they're testing me to see how much I want it or if they're telling me to do something else.
Old 20-11-2012, 01:12 AM
amy green

Hanalei - have you tried phoning them? I'm thinking that, if you explain your situation (i.e. the distance involved), they may make an exception for you - guess it would help if you can say what you can offer and communicate your interest in the organisation. I, too, feel it is for a reason but - like I said - this may not be the obvious reason......an action can have many, indirect repercussions.

Are there no organisations locally that interest you? If so, I wouldn't wait for a voluntary vacancy but just try approaching them. Often, when they can see you are genuinely interested in their cause and that you can be of help, they may very well make allowances, i.e. create a situation. I have done voluntary work through this method.

Good luck with your endeavours.
Old 20-11-2012, 02:53 AM
Experiencer

I haven't phoned them, but I did explain the situation in my email. At the bottom, it said, "If any of these services fits you, please email ___" and then gave the person's email address. The email I got was just a general email to anybody emailing about volunteering. Do you think I should go ahead and send the same message to the email they gave for people who fit? I fit everything except the whole local part... It says "Must be local", and it's bold, but I wonder if they'd make an exception for me to come for a short time to volunteer? What do you think?
Old 20-11-2012, 05:32 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Hanalei:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanalei
I haven't phoned them, but I did explain the situation in my email. At the bottom, it said, "If any of these services fits you, please email ___" and then gave the person's email address. The email I got was just a general email to anybody emailing about volunteering. Do you think I should go ahead and send the same message to the email they gave for people who fit? I fit everything except the whole local part... It says "Must be local", and it's bold, but I wonder if they'd make an exception for me to come for a short time to volunteer? What do you think?

I understand that you seem to be drawn (for whatever reason) to this particular place--but could there possibly be another place where you might be of service? Perhaps--you are being challeged to do some more research and (if you do) you may turn around and discover that the answer has been before you all along.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 20-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Experiencer

There's actually several specific reasons why I'd want to volunteer at that particular place that I woudln't find anywhere else, but again, I don't know what they're trying to tell me, so you could be right. I don't know of any similar places anywhere near me, though. Certainly not with the values that this place has that is one of the big things that draws me to it.
Old 28-11-2012, 06:02 PM
LadyTerra

You seem like a very special person and I am sure that you will be guided to the place that needs you most.

Keep trying and all will be well!
Old 29-11-2012, 12:18 AM
Pathfinder

Email, ask, and try! It could open the door to where you are supposed to be!
Old 29-11-2012, 03:31 AM
Henri77

Knock louder, write again, why not?
Your intention-desire is heard by the universe and anyhing could yet happen, or be drawn to you.

But be open to alternatives.