Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 28-08-2018, 06:57 AM
Pathfinder

Question Heart racing/pounding so fast around her. Does it mean anything?

This woman is one of my university professors. Honestly, I feel I recognise this woman's presence from somewhere before, and her voice and eyes are extremely familiar to me. Just last week, I realised I feel extremely sexually attracted to her (by the way, I am a bisexual female). I only see her once a week for two hours while she lectures. She doesn't know me personally, though she makes eye contact with me during the lecture (and with all the other students, of course).

Yesterday, however, 30 minutes before the class, my heart started racing. It did not stop. I felt like I was going crazy as I walked to the lecture hall. Then, I saw her waiting outside. She looked at me and my heart began pounding, like it was about to jump out of my chest. It was already a very hot day, yet all I could feel was warmth through my entire body, and the rhythm of my heart, like a drum beat in my chest. I tried to listen in the lecture, but I couldn't focus - I felt so light-headed. She has had such an immediate, powerful effect on me.

I feel so deeply within my soul that this woman has been brought to my awareness for a reason. Though, we have never even had a conversation. Usually, I don't think twice about my university teachers. Can anyone relate? Please, advise me as to whether this means anything. Maybe it's just a silly crush. Geez, it sure feels like more than that...

Last edited by sapphirerose : 28-08-2018 at 11:37 AM.
Old 28-08-2018, 08:15 AM
Lorelyen

Suggest you don't set your expectations too high until you've talked to her, got to know her a little. Physical attraction is one thing but doesn't mean a good relationship is inevitable or even possible.

"I feel so deeply within my soul that this woman has been brought to my awareness for a particular reason."

You have to find some reason to strike up a conversation (presumably) without giving your physical crush away. The traditional way was to stop, take 6 - 10 very deep breaths (yoga-style, deep into your tummy) to calm yourself. Tell yourself you've going to be nonchalant, easy, and that if it doesn't work out it isn't the end of the world. You have your studies to talk about so you aren't working from zero, and in talking about your aspirations, say, you can inveigle her talking about hers. You'll also have to steer how you want the non-sexual side of the relationship to be: teacher-pupil or equals.

It may just be a crush. Back in younger days similar happened to me and it was so disappointing when this paragon of masculinity (well, not quite) turned out to be banal with little conversation, no passion for life or any deep focus of interest.

Does she share your same orientation? Has she shown signs how she treats the responsibilities of her role?

Anyway, good luck.
Old 29-08-2018, 08:52 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Suggest you don't set your expectations too high until you've talked to her, got to know her a little. Physical attraction is one thing but doesn't mean a good relationship is inevitable or even possible.

"I feel so deeply within my soul that this woman has been brought to my awareness for a particular reason."

You have to find some reason to strike up a conversation (presumably) without giving your physical crush away. The traditional way was to stop, take 6 - 10 very deep breaths (yoga-style, deep into your tummy) to calm yourself. Tell yourself you've going to be nonchalant, easy, and that if it doesn't work out it isn't the end of the world. You have your studies to talk about so you aren't working from zero, and in talking about your aspirations, say, you can inveigle her talking about hers. You'll also have to steer how you want the non-sexual side of the relationship to be: teacher-pupil or equals.

It may just be a crush. Back in younger days similar happened to me and it was so disappointing when this paragon of masculinity (well, not quite) turned out to be banal with little conversation, no passion for life or any deep focus of interest.

Does she share your same orientation? Has she shown signs how she treats the responsibilities of her role?

Anyway, good luck.

Thank you for your reply. Right now, I feel I cannot start a conversation with her as I know I’d give away my attraction (blushing, unable to think straight etc). At a later stage, I might send her a short email related to my studies. She’s an amazing woman who has accomplished so much - she takes her role as a scholar very seriously. It’s like she has swept me away without even knowing it, and she has given me another push to succeed and be passionate about what I love. I am blinded by her inner and outer beauty.
Old 29-08-2018, 11:23 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphirerose
This woman is one of my university professors. Honestly, I feel I recognise this woman's presence from somewhere before, and her voice and eyes are extremely familiar to me. Just last week, I realised I feel extremely sexually attracted to her (by the way, I am a bisexual female). I only see her once a week for two hours while she lectures. She doesn't know me personally, though she makes eye contact with me during the lecture (and with all the other students, of course).

Yesterday, however, 30 minutes before the class, my heart started racing. It did not stop. I felt like I was going crazy as I walked to the lecture hall. Then, I saw her waiting outside. She looked at me and my heart began pounding, like it was about to jump out of my chest. It was already a very hot day, yet all I could feel was warmth through my entire body, and the rhythm of my heart, like a drum beat in my chest. I tried to listen in the lecture, but I couldn't focus - I felt so light-headed. She has had such an immediate, powerful effect on me.

I feel so deeply within my soul that this woman has been brought to my awareness for a reason. Though, we have never even had a conversation. Usually, I don't think twice about my university teachers. Can anyone relate? Please, advise me as to whether this means anything. Maybe it's just a silly crush. Geez, it sure feels like more than that...

I recognise this, went through this in 2007, the art of true love finds you worthy of its attentions and is showing you its hidden and often mysterious secrets love has to offer you, trust me this is an important one to go through if you will allow it too.... my God it brings back memories..

I have so much to share on this subject lol... here is something I wrote in 2008 which is close to your own experiences

For the one who showed me the way home…..

Hello everyone, there is some very deep soul searching to do and I need to be grounded and alone, at this moment I have an inner conflict which I am finding particularly hard to control, I guess it is one of the hardest things a man can go through although I have nonetheless and in all truthfulness fallen in love with someone. I can’t be with this person as they are already taken, they don’t know how I feel, and have not imposed my intentions upon them, I have somehow, for the likes of me of which I know nothow, restrained myself from acting upon this love, it hurts….. a lot,

I recognise that the real essence of true love is to be without; that is, a restraint from lust and neediness, I recognise that in this love so I remain unconditional and expect nothing back

I can at least produce a controlled smile at her in passing without causing her concern, if she new what I am feeling…….. I nonetheless silently thank her for this gift of insight,

it does however leave a boundless awakening within, naked reality in its purity, the very essence of my humanity striped of all its identity, a mind with no way out stops dead in its tracks, it wells up tears to just write this….

One tear represents an ocean of suffering…released,
Old 29-08-2018, 11:34 AM
Administrator
To find some kind of solace and peace within my heart, I found it helped to return the love I wanted to share with someone.... within, back to its source, my heart, there I let it shine for all to see and know only with the ears and eyes to see it..….

in doing this you are allowing divine love to enter and do as it will through you, you become the watcher of loves intent as it manifests unimaginable changes in your life, I know, I would not be where I am today if I acted upon my human instincts, even though you may feel that you are going down a world of hurt, it is for a reason you are guided to experience this and in the long term, investing in the art of true love, is worth more than gold itself
Old 29-08-2018, 09:11 PM
Master
Thank you Heart for those words. Definitely sounds similar to what I'm going through and you are so right too.