Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 19-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Master
Dont forget that the wolf/dog has been our closest ally and companion for many thousands of years and ought to know us well by now
Old 20-11-2011, 04:12 AM
wondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel*Child
My mother adopted a Siberian Huskie named Miji a few years ago. He just turned 2 this year, and my, does he act like a two-year-old! He throws tantrums, get into things, and test my mother every chance he gets! He and I have beef right now because he ate all my Halloween candy...that's how human he thinks he is lol.

I like to think of him as my younger brother, and as such, I talk to him like he issues. Just as i was watching "Season of the Witch", I started talking to him like heabout the controversial topic of religion, and it was almost as if he could understand me. He didn't speak, but the look on his face let me know what he wanted to say to me.

I feel that Miji is a part of my immediate family's life, but I can't figure out ehy. He's so young, yet it seems like we learn something from him every week. Could he be a spirit guide for my family? Or am I mistaking his personality as something from God?

Personally I believe that animals, for many of us, are very strong spiritual guides. They come into our lives to guide us, sometimes to teach us, or to show us things about ourselves we might otherwise not see. If you feel a strong connection to your dog, then I'd suspect that your feelings are accurate.

Every animal who has come into my life has offered me a gift of guidance in some way or form. I've found that as I've gotten older, those spiritual connections have become more clear to me - whether it has to do with age or simply being more aware, I don't know. ;) And on one occasion a few years ago, I even experienced what I believe was a soul connection so strong with one of my rabbits that I *heard* him speak to me. Before this I never really had a lot of faith in those who claimed to be able to communicate with animals and could hear their thoughts; but on this particular day I do believe it did happen. My rabbit Raph (named after Archangel Raphael) had become disabled from genetic defects, and had unfortunately reached a point where he was beginning to suffer. He was on pain meds (the pain a result of pressure on his muscles that had atrophied) and had been doing well, but when the pain meds were starting to no longer keep him pain-free, I found myself facing a decision: should I go to the vet and ask for a stronger prescription, or was Raph signalling to me it was his time to go? I really did struggle with this, as he still had a hearty appetite and still showed interest in life, but...I could see the signs of pain returning, and when I looked into his eyes it seemed as though something had changed. In the end I opted for euthanasia, not wanting to take a chance of my boy suffering...yet still I wasn't sure if this was the right choice for him. What did he want? That's what I wanted to know.

The morning arrived when I was scheduled to take Raph in to the vets. An hour before leaving I sat with him on my patio swing in the backyard, cradling him in my arms and slowly rocking him back and forth, trying to soothe him. As I did, my mind was racing, asking myself if I was doing the right thing...if he wanted this. And suddenly, almost as clearly as I could hear my own voice, I *heard* Raph communicate with me. He told me that everything was going to be okay; that animals always know when their owner wants to do what is best for them, and that when the decision is made to end their life in a merciful manner, that pet is at peace, knowing it was a decision made in love. Their mission finished, they leave in joy, and their one desire is that we do not hang onto grief, for they are free and have moved on. I must say that when I heard this, at first I was taken aback (perhaps that's a bit mild; I was more in shock than taken aback), but then almost immediately following it was the sensation of a huge burden of guilt being lifted from me. I looked down at Raph and, despite his physical pain, he honestly did look at peace. Then on the way home from the vet's office, through the tears that inevitably fell, I came to the realization that this little guy who had only been with me for two years, had taught me a tremendous lesson. He showed me what it meant to live life bravely in the face of disability, and he also taught me how to learn to let go of guilt and blame, and to instead embrace love.

So yes...long story(!) short...I do highly suspect that your dog has come into your (and your family's) life with a purpose. We are all soulmates in some sense, and often our pets can be our closest soulmates.
Old 20-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Coming2

Wondering that was beautiful!! My heart just leapt when I read what you shared. Sorry about your loss but how wonderful to know that Raph is now at peace. I have a dog right now that is not doing well at all. I feel her looking at me so intently sometimes as if she is saying it is time to let her go. I am really struggling with what to do for her.
Old 20-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Master
Elyse... Some animal communication books talk about how to share this difficult kind of decision with your pet. You can literally ask your dog, then pay attention to the messages she gives you... in body language or even telepathically.... in your thoughts and feelings.

The one I read most recently is "Animals as Teachers and Healers" by Susan Chernak McElroy, with many wonderful stories. There's a chapter called "Going Gently" on this subject.

Xan

Old 20-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Moraden

Don't believe everything is in your mind. Lots of things could. But matters of the spirit are not matters of the mind. Humans exist on three planes, mind body and spirit. I cant say what your dog is but please don't go on believeing things are all in your head. There is fine line between spirit, and thought.