Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Dawn

~*nods*~ Indeed.

Oh ~*pats Athymari's arm*~ You know the Native life I told you about yesterday in the chat? And about that Mother Earth vision? I thought about that yesterday evening and I can totally understand why certain groups would feel very touchy and temperamental about sharing what they know or have been touched by. I mean, if you were nearly killed in a car crash then had a vision of Quan Yin or Mother Mary or Isis, and this changed practally every aspect of your life, basically being touched by the Divine, you'd probably keep it to yourself, feeling touched and humbled and awed by it, and figuring that few others would really understand what you've been through.
Of course, for me - pfft! What am I talking about? I already have been! I can't say I've gone around going 'I've had a vision of Quan Yin! She's touched my life!' to everyone I meet, but it has touched and humbled me so deeply, and, no matter how different or similar other spiritual path walkers are to me, I am always happy to talk about and share what I know. Besides, not that long ago, I was in the same place. So, why not treat others the way you'd want to be treated? With kindness, respect, and a willingness to share. The only thing you ever lose is your fear of sharing and willingness to help. ^_^

But hey, that's just me. One lone little nature lovin' lady who loves chocolate and cats. ^___^
Old 27-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Deactivated Account

:0

I am not after other peoples experiences, just some insight into my own :) Though I do understand what you mean.

Mine was so long ago, i am left with an empty hole, that should be filled with some sort of understanding of what it meant.
Old 28-07-2011, 01:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athymari
Cookies look nice, but after those Rocks I better not!

It just that that is the kind of response I have always gotten on this subject Deudrum and there is only so much one can take.

I have several books on shamanism, basic how-to and concepts, but I always take book like this with a pinch of salt as one can writing about anything but not always understand it.

Many have said about being chosen for it, you cant just label yourself, which is fine, however it is extremely frustrating when you are genuinely trying to find answers or explanations to something you have experienced and get constantly treated like a new ager looking for the next 'in thing'. My experiences was several years ago and I just dropped it from being blindsided when trying to find out and general lack of info.

I am going to be looking into Druidism again also as they seem to cross.

Just hoped that someone might have more insight into it then books can give, hopeful someone who has had experience, not just knowledge. It like finding out you have a natural gift for the piano. Its natural to look to other piano players isnt it? Find if its something you should be looking into?

I'd like to say sorry again for my spaz out post Athymari. The more i think about it, the more it was out of line, the way i said it i mean. It wasn't meant to be offensive or hurtful or anything. Could have worded it with a bit more tact, and sensitivity. I am sorry.

Anyways, I'd say about the piano player metaphor, that a piano player would make the most progress by simply playing the piano, practice & practice until you have some success with it.

There really is no substitute for experience. Of course some other talented players may have a lot to offer, and things to help improve your playing, but finding out whether you have a gift for the instrument or not would be the first priority, wouldn't it? Then you could evaluate whether further pursuits are necessary or not. It would give you a clearer understanding of how committed you are, or would likely be in that direction.

peace . ~
Old 28-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Deactivated Account

The one thing that bugs me in all this spirituality is the what 'could/can/should' happen. I do not know what you can do.

I am afraid that I miss something important, thats all.
Old 28-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Sundialed

one of the noted ways to become a Quechua shaman out of the Amazon is to be struck by lightning and to live through it. if you live through it your physical body may be injured badly but it most likely will have destroyed all ego forever, all negativity, if there is no ego like an eternal innocent child then the spiritual powers and gifts are gradually parted to you with your success. they walk with one foot here physically and one foot in the spirit world. they can be all types of healers, even white magicians of high magic, of course opposing the brujo's of black magic.

shamans can be many other things however, my post is very limited.

cool staff however, i'd be going for walks with er, keep me child like
Old 28-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Master
If a person sincerely seeks, i believe they may be aided by helpers, (a Shaman even possibly, or guides in the dreaming or Spirit realm) so there is nothing to it but to do it, as they say.

My opinion anyways. Other people can only help you so much i think, each must walk their path alone, in a sense. And we already have all of the resources needed to do this, if we truly want to.

Last entry in the thread for me probably. Not telling anyone anything, I myself am a lost soul i think sometimes.

OneLove to all ~ *

-edit- full of cliches, iam, this morning lol i realize, and would like to add that in a greater sense we are not alone, only that as far as what we are "meant" to be or do is upon us to decide and take charge of.
Old 28-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Deactivated Account

Also, a great last post it is Deusdrum.

Thanks for your input.