Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-07-2011, 05:42 PM
moke64916

Undoing complexity to simplicity

We all seem to be raised in an environment where things are just complex. Counselor give you coping skills for this, and that. In other words creating more 'noise' when really I have learned that 'Being' at least for me comes with simplicity. Its working from complexity to simplicity.
"you want to 'Be' that of your true self and feel pure love all the time? Ok, then just stay Present in the Moment.

Simpe, yet seems so complex. The mind wants to 'figure out' how to do so. Or in other words more noise. When the mindhas those gaps in thought is when the positive emotions come. Think of 'space'. Space is nothing right? How does the mind even THINK of space? There must be some-thing for us to comprehend 'no-thing'. In order for 'space' to be there has to be two reference points. The mind try's to a THINK about 'Being.' The mind can not and will not. It cannot comprehend the imneasurable and indescribable.
Old 16-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Deactivated Account
Yes, underneath everything is simplicity. Like the deep sea underneath roaring waves. When we can rest in the ocean, we find a state of peace regardless of whatever storm is happening.

We don't have to turn away from thoughts/ thinking, we can be aware of them without losing ourselves in them.

Counsellors don't always reinforce the 'noise' btw - I've seen two who have shown me mindfulness skills. To depends who you see. I have found that counselling training increasingly focusses on the spiritual side.
Old 16-07-2011, 03:37 PM
moke64916

Yep.

And with the counseling I am talking about the concelers not telling you the underlying cause of the issue. So the coping skills could be meaningful, but if you are unconscious to what is causing the issue, then you are creating more noise in my opinion. If a coping skill is used with full awareness and like you said recognizing your thoughts, or observing them. Just knowing that the mind is a tool, then are coping skills meaningful in my opinion. But sometimes depending on the person one may need to create more noise to stop the noise. Depends on the individual to me.
Old 16-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Guide
"Being" is good but its boring. You are all the time, constantly, all day long, forever and ever (until you die anyways). Noise keeps things interesting.

Its only ever a problem if you forget to be.

Last edited by Riboflavin : 16-07-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 17-07-2011, 12:42 PM
moke64916

No, Being for me is no-mind. The inner stillness. The noise is what prevents you from feeling the wonderful emotions of 'Being'. If you mind is going going going, thinking, thinking, thinking, then you are not 'Being' in my opinion. My true self emerged when I was SO present in the moment the thoughts stopped. I forgot who I was personality wise. I was here, but I was not at the same time. Then my true self emerged and I was feeling Bliss. When the mind is quiet is when the emotions come. After that all thoughts, words, and actions happen that of grace. I do not think everyone is 'Being' that of their true self when there is noise. The less identification with 'form' the more you are Being in my opinion. I don't think you quite know what I mean when I say 'Being'.
Old 17-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Master
simple is better, but the world is a loud place and it keeps pulling you in. I've unplugged from tv for the past year, and that alone has helped tremendously on the path to simplicity, and to staying focused. Though, at first I found that even the act of simplifying my life seemed to clutter it more.

I've experienced those moments of no-mind, and it is indeed blissful.
Old 17-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Time

I agree..

The only thing is..... space ( in the terms of solar system, uriverse etc) is anything but empty, its only what we percieve as "empty"
Old 30-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
No, Being for me is no-mind. The inner stillness. The noise is what prevents you from feeling the wonderful emotions of 'Being'. If you mind is going going going, thinking, thinking, thinking, then you are not 'Being' in my opinion. My true self emerged when I was SO present in the moment the thoughts stopped. I forgot who I was personality wise. I was here, but I was not at the same time. Then my true self emerged and I was feeling Bliss. When the mind is quiet is when the emotions come. After that all thoughts, words, and actions happen that of grace. I do not think everyone is 'Being' that of their true self when there is noise. The less identification with 'form' the more you are Being in my opinion. I don't think you quite know what I mean when I say 'Being'.

When i say "being" i mean it in the sense of satori, which is what your describing, and yes it is boring, the proof is in the simple fact you wont spend more than a few moments a day there.

Also, satori, or "being" happens, or "is" always. Its just a question of whether or not your in that awareness. "Being" is everyone's fundamental state, noise distracts away from it, but it doesn't stop it, it just makes it so that you dont notice it.
Old 30-07-2011, 04:59 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
I agree..

The only thing is..... space ( in the terms of solar system, uriverse etc) is anything but empty, its only what we percieve as "empty"
Exactly. And the only reason we can perceive space is because there is two reference points. The Here, and There.