Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 20-04-2022, 07:40 AM
Seeker

Personal view of the world and the changes after your first OBE

Personally, I feel that I have to examine everything I've learned in life so far.
I can't do that just like that, it's gonna take time, and I feel a bit lost.
Every day I figure out some new things and it's mostly good.
I explore and read about things on Wikipedia.

I assume you have changed your view on things, and think differently now.
What important things you have learned over the time after your first OBE?
Old 20-04-2022, 09:19 AM
Master
Honestly I felt more reassured about my path in life after the experience
Old 20-04-2022, 11:00 AM
Seeker

That's a very positive thing. This opens a new perspective on things, and I think it's a very good one. The problem is, you can't talk about it with everyone or no one.
Last summer I saw a guy on Youtube talking about it in a very popular show, and he's probably a lot happier now because people know what he's talking about.
Old 20-04-2022, 02:10 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjohnes381
Personally, I feel that I have to examine everything I've learned in life so far.
I can't do that just like that, it's gonna take time, and I feel a bit lost.
?
My first (and only) OBE, back when I was living in an apartment around '71, set the standard for "proof." In other words, just keeping this short, when I got outside the apartment, basically scratching my head regarding what was going on, I stood there and said to myself that this all needs to be verified. I looked around, decided to get the license plate number off the first parked car in line, see if I could wake up, come back down and verify it. I walked over to the car, squatted down to get a good look ... and ... the license plate number disappeared - I was now looking at a blank license plate. It was at this point I realized this was all a dream - then I woke up.

Verification, no matter what you are looking into, needs to be done. Taking this one step further, NDEs need verification the person was flat-line brain dead. If there's no proof - you could be going down a faulty road.
"You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again ... we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one."
Dr Lee Smolin
"It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem."
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 21-04-2022 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 20-04-2022, 04:53 PM
Seeker

Yeah, that is correct. It can be used for fun though, and a friend of mine told me a story when he was 13. He wanted to go to his uncle, and he dreamed about going to his city by train. He was excited, and he wasn't actually sleeping, but his body was asleep.

At one moment, he was falling out of the train and found himself out of his body. He flew around, and found his scratch book on the shelve, which he couldn't find for a long time.
He woke up, checked, and it was there.

The second story he told me, that some of his friends tried to find a pen or a piece of paper with numbers and they made it. Now, I know there are a lot of people who did the experiment like this, and they failed. It can't be proved. On another side, if this is a spiritual world, why it would interfere with the physical? Maybe there's some sort of blockage, maybe not.

But, how people can see themself when they get out!? Again, this could be just our projection of ourselves like everything else. These are all questions, for me at least.

I don't doubt that being there, and learning how it functions can enrich your life, and having experiences, understanding ourselves better, our possibilities, fears, and so on.

I'd like to hear what others say about this.
Old 20-04-2022, 05:03 PM
Seeker

A couple more things.
How we can explain the energies that lifted me from the couch and the fact that I've heard the cars passing from my room while I was projected?
I could not control my flight, and when I stopped, I heard sounds from the real world.

I mostly try to AP through meditation, and today I had a breakthrough. For the first time after a long time, I was able to lift my legs with my thoughts, and I was also able to hear the sounds outside of my room, and in my house. I'm a newbie.
Old 20-04-2022, 11:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjohnes381
How we can explain the energies that lifted me from the couch and I heard cars passing from my room while I was projected?
It has happened to me. I get lifted up like you do. I guess my inner self wanted to get out of my body and decided it would do that way.

I mostly try to ap through meditation as well. It is great that you were able to lift your legs with your thoughts. Well done.
Old 21-04-2022, 06:08 AM
Seeker

Thank you, Suzy! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Case
Verification, no matter what you are looking into, needs to be done. Taking this one step further, NDEs need verification the person was flat-line brain dead. If there's no proof - you could be going down a faulty road.
Let me put it this way. You're looking for physical evidence for something that is not physical. I know you have a doubt, and it's normal, but you're still here, and you know you're not gonna find proof for AP here, but you're curious, It interests you, otherwise, you wouldn't be here. This prevents you, so maybe the next story help you!

How the existence of God can be proven scientifically?

When you ask anyone if there's a God, there are 4 possible answers:
1. I BELIEVE it exists
2. I don't BELIEVE it exists
3. I don't know
4. There's nothing, and let's go with that :)

The story of how everything becomes can be explained only this way.
What is emptiness or nothing in nature as we know? Vacuum.

Vacuum is the empty space, at least the one that is in our space, but it's not fully empty, not the absolute zero. There's something. :) There are some particles, moving, something is happening. You can check that in the first paragraph on Wikipedia about vacuum.
"Physicists often discuss ideal test results that would occur in a perfect vacuum, which they sometimes simply call "vacuum" or free space, and use the term partial vacuum to refer to an actual imperfect vacuum as one might have in a laboratory or in space."

When physicists try to empty the vacuum fully, first - it requires a lot of energy. When they do it, well, something happens. Some fluctuations appear, and that causes the vacuum to become unstable. You can check these fluctuations, and how it looks here *deleted*
What happens when anything becomes unstable? It explodes, and something becomes out of nothing.

Far in the universe that we can't reach, you can find a vacuum that is fully empty, I think the guy mentioned that in the video clip. So, put two and two together, you can assume what happens.

I know this may sound too simple to believe, accept, but you know what? You can't deny it. I can't deny this, no one can. Science proved it. Instead, we're still going to WAIT for hard, physical proof of God.

This explanation is good enough for me. I don't believe it, I know it exists.
Beliefs are the one that needs to be challenged, those are freedom killers.

Let's look at just one example of belief and how it can make you crazy.
You're born in an Islamic country, as a poor child, Al Qaida takes you, and tells you - you're chosen, you'll get 12 virgins when you put this belt with bombs and do the job.
Tell me I'm wrong... Would God tell you to go and kill? No. Would you tell someone to kill, or die for you? No.

That's why I want to AP as much as I can because I don't want to be manipulated in any way, I want to know as much as I can on my own, I DON'T believe this REALITY is what it should be. *Deleted* Tell me I'm wrong again.
History is full of lies, winners write history.

I'm sick of this reality, lies, system, and the **** they are telling.
I can write all day, but this is not the point.

Let's just try to grow, see for ourselves, and learn on our own.
Sorry for the long post.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 21-04-2022 at 07:30 AM. Reason: No politics, too soon for links. Rules are under FAQ
Old 21-04-2022, 07:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Case
I was now looking at a blank license plate. It was at this point I realized this was all a dream - then I woke up
When we are in the astral it can turn into a dream or parts of it turn into a dream. Some of it may be real and other things not real. There is something I do know for sure and that is I could never be able to convince someone that ap is real so I do not try to.
Old 21-04-2022, 08:56 AM
Master
Another thing as a result of the first OBE - I learnt that there are still much aspects of metaphysics and extra dimensional things that most of us don't understand