Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 21-01-2013, 03:46 AM
Midnite

Beautiful balls of white loving energy.
Old 22-01-2013, 05:04 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova
In your experience/opinion, what do we look like as souls after we've died? Most of the reading that I have done states that our astral bodies are essentially the same as our physical ones, but in perfect health and young (20s or thirties). Is this true?
-Nova

I'm seeing some confusion in the answers here.. you asked what our actual souls look like, which is easily confused with our individualized incarnations... when we encounter our previous incarnations then indeed the descriptions in this thread are correct... but our souls are very-much different.. when you encounter your soul you don't forget this experience... our "soul" is intense beyond measure.. it's the very essence of our energetic being.. it vibrates into your person-hood with a certainty-of-knowing that shatters any attempt to comprehend...

Our soul is a shape, but it's a shape of pure energy, it's visually similar to ours but the features are less defined. and the only separation between us and our soul is merely perceptual on our part.. there is no genuine distance... to encounter your actual soul is to never view/experience life in the same way again.. life is then no longer simple... you no longer are tangled among the thickets of belief... you now "know" something much deeper, with intense implications... and yet you continue in the physical, and the ignorance that entails... I'm not sure it's wise to encounter ones soul... it's much easier to hang out with past lifetimes... :^)
Old 26-01-2013, 06:28 AM
Pathfinder

Exactly since your body goes through a number of changes from the time of birth, childhood , adult and old age, the soul remains the same and your spirit reminds you of things that you you saw when young. When you die,, the spirit ascends and it becomes answerable of your deeds
Old 26-01-2013, 02:39 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowers
Exactly since your body goes through a number of changes from the time of birth, childhood , adult and old age, the soul remains the same and your spirit reminds you of things that you you saw when young. When you die,, the spirit ascends and it becomes answerable of your deeds

I readily agree... :^) ...though I'm not certain that "the soul remains the same"... we, within this lifetime, are extensions of our soul... our soul is us being educated by the act of our presence within this physical context... some would suggest that our experience here is something of an empty, even a negatively draining thing which our soul must then endure... I don't feel this is the case... "culturally" we are trained to be punitive... but I don't see this as the case within our deeper soul integrations.. the soul does not judge itself in a reward/punishment way... it's here, through us, in order to develop insight.... all experience in such case would be beneficial in that regard... the soul does live outside our current definitions... so when "thinking soul" we're needing to leave much of these definitions behind... :^)
Old 15-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Tea Break

Angel1

I once experienced relatives of mine (great uncles and aunts unknown to me in this life) visiting me and showing themselves children. All but one had died as adults.

They thought I'd find the appearance of children less frightening, and meant it kindly, but waking up in the middle of the night to find my home awash with kids gave me a bit of a shock in itself!
Old 16-02-2013, 01:01 AM
Blackhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Well from working in the World of Spirit I know well that they will show to me in the way that they will be best known to someone getting a message. That can at times be a man or woman the passed well in old age, but they show in their 30's to thier child.

I had that with me Dad, when he showed to me Son that was 2 at the time. He came in at the age he was when I was 2 to show me Son he was there. Why well that was one of the 'only' pictures of me Dad I had on hand. I was two in the picture and in that picture was the family dog that also came with him. Remmber I am 50 so the picture was black and white.

Many say they show in the 20's I have not personally found that to be rule of thumb at times I even see them in the way they passed on, so tha I can at times help with something surrounding their death.

I personally feel it comes down to how a Spirit wants us to see them, and how open to clearly see the Medium is.

Lynn

I too work with Spirit, and this is what I have found to be correct. They are always in a form that their loved ones will recognise. I definitely haven't found spirits to only be in their 20s. I have spoken with a Spirit in their 90s, who was dressed older clothes, pearls and smoking a cigarette. She was wearing the clothes that she died in so when I described her appearance, the person I was talking to knew immediately.
Old 16-02-2013, 02:35 AM
dionysus9412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Well from working in the World of Spirit I know well that they will show to me in the way that they will be best known to someone getting a message. That can at times be a man or woman the passed well in old age, but they show in their 30's to thier child.

I had that with me Dad, when he showed to me Son that was 2 at the time. He came in at the age he was when I was 2 to show me Son he was there. Why well that was one of the 'only' pictures of me Dad I had on hand. I was two in the picture and in that picture was the family dog that also came with him. Remmber I am 50 so the picture was black and white.

Many say they show in the 20's I have not personally found that to be rule of thumb at times I even see them in the way they passed on, so tha I can at times help with something surrounding their death.

I personally feel it comes down to how a Spirit wants us to see them, and how open to clearly see the Medium is.

Lynn

Lynn, i agree, athough sometimes they just come as a feeling too, or a light, sometimes an object, whatever is needed. .. and i really connect with your story.. my father passed when i was 5 and i had a realistic dream he showed up with a dog, thats strange... i don't remember a dog. it just struck a chord in me when you said that.
Old 16-02-2013, 10:43 PM
MorningStar

So what if the person passes as a young child? Do they still show up in their 20's or 30's? Whatever the answer, I believe it will be/is in a form that's recognizable. The energy itself can be palpable and spur recognition....just as the written word often is. You can read something and know immediately who wrote it if you are near to that person in some way.
Old 17-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Seeker

This is something I always wonder about. I think that how we will look depends on who sees us. We may perceive ourselves to look a certain way that is different from the way another spirit will see us. When I meet with my grandmother, she may look the way I remember her as a grandma while when my grandfather meets with her again, he may see her as a younger woman. However, no matter what we may "look" like, we will still be the same person/spirit.
Old 17-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Knower

Perhaps we don't 'see' them as such but recognise them on some much deeper level, our spirit connecting with another, and then we superimpose an image on them that best suits our memory of them, a way of understanding what we are sensing by creating a visual image of them.