Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 01-01-2013, 01:00 AM
random page I opened to

"Let us take.....a glass tumbler and think of the outside of it and the inside of it.
Where does the outside end, and where does the inside begin?
.....is there an outside ...is there an inside of it? Are there two sides to the tumbler or is there simply the tumbler? Is the outside not the inside?...Are not the outside and the inside not the same piece of glass? Does not the outside...perform one function and the inside another?
When it becomes clear to us that the outside and inside of this tumbler are one and the same piece of glass, we can then see the relationship between God and man. There is no such thing as God and man, any more than there is an outside and an inside to the tumbler, separate and apart from each other...." ~ Joel Goldsmith

"We are the externalized form or expression of that God, but we
are no more two than are the sides of the tumbler."

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-01-2013, 03:40 AM
God gives some more than others because they accept more than others.
~ Ernest Holmes, d 1960

The world will persist in exhibiting before you what you persist in affirming the world is.
~Emma Curtis Hopkins, d 1925

...there is no inadequacy or failure while the Spirit of God is in the nostrils,
inbreathed as the only breath.
~Emma Curtis Hopkins

You must not under any pretense allow your mind to dwell on any thought that is not positive,
Constructive, optimistic, kind.
~ Emmet Fox, d 1951

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-01-2013, 08:45 PM
new_earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Exactly.
Any random paragraph on any page of all those I mentioned are the same as
Ernest Holmes...like fresh water to a hungry soul, really shocking they have such a gift of teaching.
I bet you would loooove Practicing the Presence by Joel S. Goldsmith...if
you ever venture out to others, but I could give you a list!!

That book is sold at my church, and others by him, and I believe a required book in one of our classes. I have been exposed to the other authors but when it comes time to purchasing one, I am always led to Ernest Holmes lol.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_earth
That book is sold at my church, and others by him, and I believe a required book in one of our classes. I have been exposed to the other authors but when it comes time to purchasing one, I am always led to Ernest Holmes lol.
Well, ya know what? I'm going to get out some of my Ernest Holmes books
Because of you.

Care to share any quotes?

Old 02-01-2013, 12:29 AM
new_earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, ya know what? I'm going to get out some of my Ernest Holmes books
Because of you.

Care to share any quotes?

I don't normally remember them off the top of my head, the Ernest Shurtleff Holmes page on facebook (if you use it) posts them daily, I love it. The one I remember most from the top of my head, and one of my favorites, is: "One of the first things to do is to love everyone. If you have not done this, begin to do so at once."

Here is one posted recently, I always loved his take and words on what "Christ" and Jesus are about. And another reason I love New Thought so much, Christmas is celebrated as a rebirth of the "Christ Consciousness", which we have all heard of in the 'new age' arena....

"You have heard a great deal about the healing Christ Who can come to you with power. Do you realize that this Christ is already here? This Christ is the incarnation of God in every individual. Surely, God has imparted Himself to every soul. If this were not true you would not be alive, you would have no existence, you could not be here. Your Christ is the unique incarnation of God, of Life, in you as an individual. This Divine incarnation, this living Presence, is at the center of your being now, not by and by. If you open the door of your consciousness, and welcome this Divine Guest, He will enter."
This Thing Called You, location 18
Old 02-01-2013, 12:36 AM
new_earth

another goodie:

"God must be universal Mind. God must be the power by which we think, will, and know. Therefore it follows that prayer to God is a communication with that inner Life, with that Divine indwelling Spirit, which is everywhere present, omnipotent and all-powerful. Jesus taught his disciples to pray: “Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.” If you study that prayer you will find it is a straight affirmation of the presence of God, the Parent Mind, in man, for he had already said: “The kingdom of God is within you.”

Holmes, Ernest (2010-12-30). It's Up to You (pp. 87-88). Penguin Group. Kindle Edition.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:35 AM
Thought that is built upon a realization of the Divine
Presence has the power to neutralize negative thought,
To erase it, just as light has the power to overcome darkness...

The Science of Mind, Ernest Holmes

Old 18-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Lapis Lazuli

A lot of great authors have been mentioned here. We have been reading a lot of books lately by Tolle, Dyer, Holmes, Fox, and Chopra, as well as the Tao Te Ching. There is so much life changing information in all of that material. I either listen to some of those books on CDs while in my car or the CD by Tolle called Music to Quiet the Mind. It all opens you up to who you really are!
Old 18-03-2013, 05:50 PM
!!Yay!!

And wait till you discover John Randolph Price!
(The Super Beings)

Old 19-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Lapis Lazuli

I will have to check that one out. I'm not familiar with it. Thanks!