Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 18-03-2017, 07:54 PM
Newbie ;)

can Meditation help accomplish things in life

Hi all....I think a lot about the benefits of meditation and wonder if it is possible for us to influence things or people through Mediation....can we make things favorable for us or people come in our favor who are not otherwise favorable?

And what if we don't have any purpose or aim behind Mediation and just do it for the sake of doing it, will we be helped automatically in the best possible manner??
Old 19-03-2017, 04:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmeet Singh
Hi all....I think a lot about the benefits of meditation and wonder if it is possible for us to influence things or people through Mediation....can we make things favorable for us or people come in our favor who are not otherwise favorable?

And what if we don't have any purpose or aim behind Mediation and just do it for the sake of doing it, will we be helped automatically in the best possible manner??
Meditation is not a practice of DOING things to OTHERS. Meditation is a practice of learning who you really are. For nearly everyone that sticks with it, they find that most of what they are 'doing' does not come from them but rather from 'external' sources. For those most dedicated, they discover that they are 'more' then they ever imagined and way 'better' than the way they were before meditation.

For those whose nature it is to manipulate others, they become more effective at it. The vast majority however discover that it is not their nature to manipulate others, manipulation is just something they do because they don't know a better way to get what they want. With a little more mediation practice they realize that what they currently seeking is not actually what they want or they find that there are far better ways to get those things.
Old 19-03-2017, 06:12 AM
Master
Quote:

In terms of the purification process or healing effects of meditation, one's tendencies to act on internally held negativity and/or compulsive reactivity will subside, and consequentially, ones tendency to hurt themselves and harm others will diminish. Rather, one's tendency to feel and exude love and kindness will become more characteristic, and that would bring about significant benefits to oneself and to others.

Quote:

Yes. One would at least trust this to be the case.
Old 19-03-2017, 07:09 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Meditation is not a practice of DOING things to OTHERS. Meditation is a practice of learning who you really are. For nearly everyone that sticks with it, they find that most of what they are 'doing' does not come from them but rather from 'external' sources. For those most dedicated, they discover that they are 'more' then they ever imagined and way 'better' than the way they were before meditation.

For those whose nature it is to manipulate others, they become more effective at it. The vast majority however discover that it is not their nature to manipulate others, manipulation is just something they do because they don't know a better way to get what they want. With a little more mediation practice they realize that what they currently seeking is not actually what they want or they find that there are far better ways to get those things.

Thanks for the reply
Old 19-03-2017, 07:09 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
In terms of the purification process or healing effects of meditation, one's tendencies to act on internally held negativity and/or compulsive reactivity will subside, and consequentially, ones tendency to hurt themselves and harm others will diminish. Rather, one's tendency to feel and exude love and kindness will become more characteristic, and that would bring about significant benefits to oneself and to others.

Yes. One would at least trust this to be the case.

Thanks for the reply
Old 19-03-2017, 07:28 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
yes because through becoming skilled in calming the mind and concentrate you will become able to discern wisely and act appropriately. It is a like a basic tool for reasonable thinking and drawing conclusions. On the other hand calming the mind may be good for temporary relaxation and recreation.

Quote:
just try.
Old 16-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:

What do you wish to make favorable for you? What is it that you wish to gain, that maybe you wish to use meditation as a means for that gain?

Can you live, and meditate, and do all other things just for the sake of doing it? Without any motive or intent to gain anything?

These might be questions worth diving into.
Old 18-04-2017, 02:03 AM
Suspended
Guide
[quote=Jasmeet Singh]Hi all....I think a lot about the benefits of meditation and wonder if it is possible for us to influence things or people through Mediation....can we make things favorable for us or people come in our favor who are not otherwise favorable?

And what if we don't have any purpose or aim behind Mediation and just do it for the sake of doing it, will we be helped automatically in the best possible manner??[/QUOTE

Hello,
I like this post,I have just started to meditate after a long hiatus,compared to before I approach it differently now, maybe its because I am older and wiser,I don't know.

But now I just lay down, on a comfortable bed,close my eyes and see my black screen,any thoughts that intrude travel into my view as a swirling mist of differing colours,I mentally shoo them away,if I sleep that's ok,its the relaxation of the mind I crave,I want to sooth the constant daily noise.

But to use meditation to influence others is different,I have never thought about it that way,never ever.
I think affirmation or concentrated prayer would be better.
Meditation is personal,well to me it is!

Kind Regards Billy,