Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 09-03-2014, 03:34 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaityBee
I can't personally give you advice because I have never been through this. But I'm wondering if you have tried any meditation and tried to ground yourself? Maybe you are not focusing on it, or possibly it is time to focus on yourself.

Sounds like good advice to me as it's about regaining focus and suppressing the "lust for result". I've heard about "grounding" but don't know what it means!! Google isn't much help but I'll find out sooner or later.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:15 PM
SpacePilot

Grounding is reinforcing your connection to the earth: we have 7 chakras inside out body (and many more that extend outside our body) The root chakra, at the sacrum, is linked directly to the center of the earth. The chakras beneath our feet too are linked directly to the center of the earth. This is your ground connection.

As a starting exercise you can imagine roots growing from your feet and deep into the earth.

You'll have more success researching the chakras than just grounding...
Old 10-03-2014, 05:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreationist
There's so much i want to do. I Used to be able to see spirits around me through my mind,but recently nothing has really happened. I don't konw if its because my spiritual power is diminishing or the fact no spirits have really visited. I want to be able to speak to them,see them,hear them. i've tried Meditation, but all it really seems to do is refresh my mind.
When i search my mind or try to open it, it seems there's a block in the front.

Any Suggestions SF people?

You have to remember physically the brain continues to develop, mature and become more organized. Tests suggest brain activity changes, different areas become more active that do not dominate as they once did as you grow (older) and change, an example is the frontal lobe comes to dominate more. IOW, you think differently and as you grow older it seems for the most part the brain becomes more limited and rigid.

But no memory is ever lost. I think we must remember the memory is real and any early stage is incorporated and becomes part of any development. The thing here is to realize you retain any thing as you saw it. Studies have shown children actually believe and can see things real adults cannot. I don't know if it's ever possible to go back to a childlike state because it is natural evolution to move from it.

My first question is what were you told when you were young about this. When you were young you use to be able to do it, it wouldn't occur to you you couldn't. Admittedly, does what we think at the moment affect what we think we can or cannot do, probably. Were you told it was wrong. We do tend to learn right and wrong, good and bad. These become the barriers of the mature mind.

But the thought you had or the way you could see is seen differently today and in different ways. I don't think even childhood memories are ever lost, like energy they remain. Sometime we can learn young and be encouraged to evolve such thoughts into adulthood and in other learn it is not good and some lose that thought, if you know what I mean.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:45 AM
Kreationist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
My first question is what were you told when you were young about this.

i couldnt do any of this when i was younger, i never tried.

i found out about this when i was... 19? when i started a relationship with this friend who turned into my girl at the time,and now my ex.

and the reason children can see it & adults can't is because children believe in everything.

the more they believe in it,the more it becomes real.

Adults know reality. i always believed in having powers was possible, but never knew how to get to that level.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreationist
i couldnt do any of this when i was younger, i never tried.

i found out about this when i was... 19? when i started a relationship with this friend who turned into my girl at the time,and now my ex.

and the reason children can see it & adults can't is because children believe in everything.

the more they believe in it,the more it becomes real.

Adults know reality. i always believed in having powers was possible, but never knew how to get to that level.

Thanks for taking time to answer the first question I had. I certainly understand how powerful and wonderful relationships are energy wise and how it can change our thoughts. The best and most powerful us is brought out. It's called manifesting. It's like being at a new level, literally much becomes possible (perception of). Brings many memories back when all seems possible.

I agree with lorelyen your thoughts may be distracted by other thoughts such as emotions and feelings that interfere. You experienced something profound but worry now thinking negatively. Fear cuts it off, worry stops it. Before you were more positive. My own feeling here is to see how powerful positive can be, especially new experiences.

You can't be both positive and negative at the same time. You can't have conflicting thoughts without having conflict. I think we have to come to realize where thoughts come from or because of and they seem to be linked to the relationship. People influence us greatly and I don't limit it to just bf/gf relationship, mentors can do that, teachers and so on. In a way we can be guided and achieve clarity.

No doubt you can manifest the experience again and reach that thought and energy level again. The change wasn't permanent in the fashion you thought, that's all. And because they aren't, we often fall back to old habits which likely mirror old situations, returning to old ways. You may also have been lost in the idea because you were in a new experience and felt so strongly it would never change, but it's something to constantly nurture.

Anyway, don't worry about this or think this is so uncommon. Right now your mind just is arguing with itself in constant internal dialogue. I trust you also see that. On the spiritual journey we all are on and the changes we want to happen we will experience, spiritual related shifts as we open ourselves to them, IMO. This has been my own experience.

Last edited by lemex : 11-03-2014 at 07:15 PM.