Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-08-2012, 03:55 AM
Master
Fish

I agree with merrie...

"Be Still and know that I am God" psalm 46.10

Stillness (or "silence") is an experience of our Source
Source is Consciousness, Source is the Creator, Source is the spiritual galactic centerpoint...where we are all one
Consciousness is that from which thoughts (and all the energy dimensions) arise

When we can still our thoughts,
think of science fiction movies now...
it's like a jump into another dimension - a time and space warp...beyond the limitations of mind
...and then
it's okay to think again or not to think
stillness can also hold thoughts
but you are no longer caught up in them
you are in the bigger space
where thoughts seem so small

that is the real goal of meditation in the human experience
Old 19-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
I agree with merrie...

"Be Still and know that I am God" psalm 46.10

Stillness (or "silence") is an experience of our Source
Source is Consciousness, Source is the Creator, Source is the spiritual galactic centerpoint...where we are all one
Consciousness is that from which thoughts (and all the energy dimensions) arise

When we can still our thoughts,
think of science fiction movies now...
it's like a jump into another dimension - a time and space warp...beyond the limitations of mind
...and then
it's okay to think again or not to think
stillness can also hold thoughts
but you are no longer caught up in them
you are in the bigger space
where thoughts seem so small

that is the real goal of meditation in the human experience

So first off, you can 'get to' this place of no thoughts (stillness)? The thinker and the thought are the same. You cannot still yourself IME.
Secondly, there is an experience "there", (creator, source) where there is no thought? I say the experience is thought. It has to be.
IMO and IME, stillness is a mind that does not identify with thought so much..........I'm sure it's a beautiful thing and I am sure it is like a jump into another dimension, considering how caught up we are in thought.........but why then is it so common to make it into something else, I wonder.
Nice post........just offering my views for discussion.
Old 19-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Quinn the Eskimo

I think you are accurate when you say the point is not to identify with thought

thoughts will still come up at times. maybe not as much, or in the same way, but you have a good point when you say stillness comes from not identifying your self with the thoughts
Old 19-08-2012, 03:03 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Or.. being aware that you are identifying with your thoughts, understanding the process, and having the ability for it to serve your intentions.. don't blindly accept or reject, understand..

Be well..
Old 19-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Master
Hi WhiteShaman,

Thanks for raising these points :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
So first off, you can 'get to' this place of no thoughts (stillness)? The thinker and the thought are the same. You cannot still yourself IME.

Yes. These are meditation moments. Often the breath stops too. It's an expansive space. Feels great too - beyond anything else - beyond orgasm. Anything is possible in this space. The mind becomes smaller and smaller and smaller, the deeper you go into this space.

The thinker and the thought are not the same. I have experienced this. I have been in a space that is so high vibration that I see my thoughts coming out of my mind when "I" activate it - I see mind as separate to "me". This is the difference between consciousness - which is the Source and pervades everything, and mind - which is a tool of consciousness...the vibration of consciousness.

The space beyond consciousness is void. That is unknowable by mind. And "I" needs mind in order to be aware of itself. I'm not talking about the void. I'm talking about stillness. If it's useful to you - there is God-as-Void, the Supreme Unknowable Infinite - and there is God-as-Collective-Consciousness, a casual field that contains everything that is knowable.

But when you get into this space where you see thoughts rising in slow motion and the physical world is just energy vibrations - your sense of "I"-ness is pixilated. Everything you think is "I" starts to break up into little pieces, just like the molecules of water when it shifts from ice to liquid to vapour.

Quote:
Secondly, there is an experience "there", (creator, source) where there is no thought? I say the experience is thought. It has to be.
IMO and IME, stillness is a mind that does not identify with thought so much..........I'm sure it's a beautiful thing and I am sure it is like a jump into another dimension, considering how caught up we are in thought.........but why then is it so common to make it into something else, I wonder.

Yes to experience all of what I described, the "I" needs to exist. But there is a distinction between "I" and "mind", a very subtle distinction. At the point between the "I" and the void, one begins to grasp these things. People on this forum get excited about astral travel, out of body experiences, visions...which is great because it's the "I" starting to experience that it is not the physical body, that there is another dimension of selfhood. But going deeper in self-awareness, the "I" at some stage realizes it is not the mind either...and not the memory...and finally identifies with the cosmic causal field - which is about as far as it can go before merging into the void.

I wonder if this makes sense? My teacher explains this using a very simple model. I'm sure there are more complicated models out there, but I prefer the simple ones that even a child can understand. And you see it in a baby when it is born. It is fascinated when it sees its hands moving and it takes quite a while for the baby's ego to develop to the point where it can move its body parts at will and identify with the body, and two years (according to psychology) before the ego can see itself as separate to the mother figure. So the soul gradually gets used to being in this "creature" or "space suit" of the physical body. And in life between life hypnotic regression people remember how normal it feels not to have a physical body. But all of this is an experience of the astral dimension. That's a whole other topic LOL - I'm rambling now.

Uma :)
Old 19-08-2012, 03:41 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Hi James: I do 'still myself', i choose to be still and it happens..

The experience is the experience, thought or no thought.. 'That' which 'I' am has no thought as it experiences its Taiji practice, 'I' am simply present for the practice.. not 'thinking' it, being it..

Be well..
Old 19-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Rajni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Is this thread one where people preach from the book of Tolle, or is it a thread where ones speak for themselves.

Not sure where this is coming from.

You had asked how simple the meditation is, because the video is an hour-and-a-half long. To which I responded with an explanation (which was far shorter -- only about 2 seconds long ) as to what the hour-and-a-half-long video might've been trying to convey, regarding the meditation you had specifically asked about.

I'm a newbie here, so any insight as to where I apparently went wrong would be most appreciated!

-
Old 19-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Master
Or... this might be a thread where people point toward the preaching of J. Krishnamurti.

In my view, if someone else's words serve to take us beyond ourselves so we can then speak from our own experience, they've served a good purpose.

Rajni... You did nothing wrong, you just ran into some minor opposition. If you're going to stay in the forum you'd better get used to it.

Welcome to SF, the good and the so-so.

Xan

Old 19-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Master
Fish You did nothing "wrong"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajni

Not sure where this is coming from.

You had asked how simple the meditation is, because the video is an hour-and-a-half long. To which I responded with an explanation (which was far shorter -- only about 2 seconds long ) as to what the hour-and-a-half-long video might've been trying to convey, regarding the meditation you had specifically asked about.

I'm a newbie here, so any insight as to where I apparently went wrong would be most appreciated!

-

This forum is full of opinions - everybody is right, in their own opinion LOL

Welcome to the forum - if anyone is disrespectful you can report it - the moderation on this forum is excellent (see Forum rules). You can also put people on your "ignore list" so you don't have to read their posts.

Enjoy the joy of free speech :) This is a slice of the world - if we can figure out how to celebrate unity in diversity here, we can do it out there...
Old 19-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Rajni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Or... this might be a thread where people point toward the preaching of J. Krishnamurti.

In my view, if someone else's words serve to take us beyond ourselves so we can then speak from our own experience, they've served a good purpose.

Rajni... You did nothing wrong, you just ran into some minor opposition. If you're going to stay in the forum you'd better get used to it.

Welcome to SF, the good and the so-so.

Xan
Thanks, Xan!

I've got a pretty thick skin when it comes to online forums; this particular incident just struck me as random, given the topic of discussion seemed more one of sharing ideas as opposed to full-on debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Welcome to the forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma

if anyone is disrespectful you can report it - the moderation on this forum is excellent (see Forum rules). You can also put people on your "ignore list" so you don't have to read their posts.

Enjoy the joy of free speech :) This is a slice of the world - if we can figure out how to celebrate unity in diversity here, we can do it out there...
Thanks, Uma!

Yes, forums like this one do have some handy options for dealing with such things, which is nice. However, I didn't really find this particular incident disrespectful so much as just surreal. I'm still just getting a feel for the place; being a newbie I wasn't sure if I had breached some Unspoken Rule of Etiquette with my input which resulted in the somewhat contentious response.

-