Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 09-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Knower

Thoughts Forced into Mind During Prayer

After I get into bed and relax a little bit, I pray. Sometimes, I am in a state of being half-asleep as I am praying and sometimes I fall asleep before I remember finishing the prayer. In it, I try to establish a connection with "God, spirit guides, spirit guides of friends and family, guardian angels, Arch Angel Michael, Arch Angel Gabriel, Jesus, Moses, Buddha, Muhammad, and any and all other prophets of God." I often ask that they provide me with any sort of spiritual experience possible and request that they show me things either in the form of a mental image or in a dream things such as precisely who my spirit guides are, who I was in a past life, how I died in a past life, what my wife and children will look like, etc.

I have had three distinct experiences after having made such requests. One was a very clear image that seemed as though it were forced into my mind: the face of what appeared to be an older Native American man, who had his hair made into two "pig-tails" (?), which were laying on his shoulders. He was wearing a cowboy hat or something similar. I think that this image appeared after I asked to be shown the identity of my spirit guides.

I don't recall precisely what I asked before this experience, but it certainly was the most vivid: It was as though I were shown a vision or a movie in my mind of a modern, very fast train. The locomotive burst past me at a very high rate of speed and made a loud noise. Even though I was awake, it was as though I were startled from sleep and it shocked me in real life. I think that may have been showing me how I was killed in a past life. (Perhaps I jumped in front of a train?)

Last night, the image of an incredibly beautiful young woman slowly begin to appear before me. I have no idea who she was supposed to be. I think I asked to see who my wife and children were to be. Perhaps she will be my daughter. It seems unlikely that I would be shown the woman I am supposed to be with, don't you think? Wouldn't that be "cheating"?
Old 20-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Knower

I thought i'd add another experience that occurred last night: The image of a beautiful woman sitting down materialized. Suddenly, a much different woman appeared, who said, "She didn't know who you were, so I told her." I then saw an image of the second woman whispering into the ear of the first woman.
Old 20-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Master
Joseph123--

I have had the experience before of making my inclusions in prayers way too broad and have felt that there were entities I didn't want around me.

It occurred to me one day that I could establish contact with any author I have read with whom I felt a connection and I began to include Seth (channeled entity) in my prayers. Then I began having dreams about interference, manipulation, etc.

I finally decided that I only include those whom I have had a "personal" interaction with (even if I can't name them). And, if I want to include others, I always ask my master guide to allow only those with my highest purpose in mind. It seemed to end the problems I was having.

Making a blanket statement to include every prophet, wiseman, and angel you can think of --might not be a wise idea. It might allow some to masquerade as someone they are not. Just stick to those you "know".

That's been my experience.

Lora
Old 21-08-2012, 05:03 AM
Knower

Lora, thank you very much for your insights.

If you don't mind me asking, to whom do you address your prayers? I was thinking that maybe a simplified version of, "God, guardian angels, spirit guides, and Arch Angel Michael." I will include that bit about allowing in only those with my highest purpose in mind.
Old 21-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Master
Joseph,

In your simplified version, whatever it is, call out to specifics--which particular angels, spirit guides? And I try to address the specific guide or entity who seems to help with specific kinds of things.

But, in answer to your question, I don't believe in God as an entity. My main guide is Malupe, there's one I call J'Ecoute because one day I didn't see any "orbs" around and kept calling--Is anyone there? Can anyone hear me? Then I heard "J'Ecoute." :) He's good for issues of emotion. There's one I call Sandalwood because after a night when I felt totally transformed, there was a smell of sandalwood. And on and on.

What I meant was, address just those entities you've had personal experience "feeling" this entity in some way. It doesn't matter if you call them the "wrong" name, but I believe we always know the energy of anyone we have ever met. And with the intention to address them, they will hear.

But wide open calls--all angels, all guides--IMO leaves the door open for others we don't know and might not trust--to try to step into that placeholder. Anyway, that has been my experience.

Lora
Old 27-08-2012, 01:57 AM
perfect earth

What works for me is prayer of a less specific nature - asking for healing love, light, and sound for the greatest good, as well as protection. Being general opens you up to healing you wouldn't have even thought you needed, and I'm sure that allowing those questions to breathe with the bigger picture will help you to answer them.
Old 27-08-2012, 03:51 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Joseph123--

I finally decided that I only include those whom I have had a "personal" interaction with I always ask my master guide to allow only those with my highest purpose in mind.
Making a blanket statement to include every prophet, wiseman, and angel you can think of --might not be a wise idea. It might allow some to masquerade as someone they are not. Just stick to those you "know".

This feels like sound advice, worth listening to. I've made the mistake of being too general, and accomplished nothing.
Be more specific... your angels and whatever being most feels "known" to your heart. and mean it, with your heart, not just your mind.
Also ask to know the feeling of your angels' presence. Don't try to accomplish several things at once, is my advice.

Just pray deeply to god and ask for help. Whomever is right will handle it, be given the task. IMO
Old 27-08-2012, 04:01 AM
Henri77

I wonder why you say thoughts were forced in your mind.
They could simply be clear answers... at a time when you were especially open.

Just before sleep is when many see-receive clear imagery.