Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Master
I don't have any friends who think the same was as I do, in fact they look at me as if I'm mad, so that's really why I am here on SF, I can play here with like minded beautiful people. /
Old 04-04-2012, 11:10 AM
zsjuz

All my X friends are into partying and drugs. I do not want that life. So I have no friends I have isolated myself to get away from society. Socity is possesed with money and the material.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Deactivated Account
I have one very good friend who lives locally. We met on another site originally but then she found me on this one after recognising my username. She is now a great friend and we meet up in person but she doesn't come on this site much. I feel very fortunate to be able to share spiritual stuff with her and some of our experiences are very similar.

Apart from her, I go to a local meditation group but it isn't focussed on spiritual stuff like spirits, dreams etc, it is more open to suit all beliefs.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribiq
I'm wondering what your experience is with communication about spiritual matters in your own communities. Obviously it's not always easy to find like-minded people when you have serious spiritual interests, and we all need people to talk to about them.

I started a club at my school in Boston that explains things like lucid dreaming, OBE, meditation, energy work, and others; what they are and how to achieve them. I wanted everyone to have an outlet for discussion about their experiences in order to understand them in an environment where no one is going to judge anyone else.

Do you have friends in your town/city who are like-minded?
Do you mostly keep to yourself and practice as a hermit?

do tell

"Let those who talk to the elves find each other and band together."
-Terence McKenna

I am from Malaysia and before I married I cant discuss any topic on death , afterdeath with anyone around me............not family or friends they will see me from a very un-pleasent angle .
Human in general does not like to discuss on death / spiritual etc .
Thks
CSEe
Old 04-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Deactivated Account
Generally speaking, I'm surprised by the number of people who seem to be more open to the spiritual now, although perhaps this is just me.

I had an interesting conversation about synchronicity with the mobile hairdresser the other day!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Ascender
I don't have any spiritual friends, (but I guess maybe they'll become with time, we are just teenagers for the moment, most of teenagers aren't interested in spiritual thing),but I hopefully can speak of it at my parent's who are very spiritual even if it's not in the same paths than me, and to a family relative who is medium. I think I'm quite lucky to have thoses people to talk too :) I can also talk to it with my best friend even if she don't believe in all that, she don't think I'm mad because she is open-mind but it don't interest her I mean...

-This is either madness or brilliance !
- It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide ...
[Captain Jack Sparrow ]
Old 04-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Master
I have always been different from friends and family in the way I see most things. As a result I have learned to speak about subjects very carefully.

My spiritual perspectives have evolved greatly over the last 20 years. I suspect that even greater changes are on the way.

Being kind and patient with the self and others has been very productive for me.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 04-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Eudaimonist

Quote:

Just because someone else is spiritual, that doesn't mean that they are like-minded. My ex (who I still live with) is spiritual, but with a substantially different worldview.

Quote:

I keep in touch with a few like-minded people through Facebook, but they live on a different continent. So you could say that as far as spiritual practices go, I'm a "hermit".

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 07-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Archangel Ivory

Still pretty much a lonewolf here, can't discuss a spiritual issue without getting the cold shoulder or (here's a witch look) can be drastic atimes but I just have faith in forums such as this. This is my only source of information.
Thanks guys! You are the best.
But I am still wondering about this...

"You have been telling the people that this is the Eleventh Hour, now you must go back and tell the people that this is the Hour.* And there are things to be considered . . .

Where are you living?
What are you doing?
*What are your relationships?
Are you in right relation?
Where is your water?
Know your garden.
It is time to speak your Truth.
Create your community.
Be good to each other.
And do not look outside yourself for the leader."

Then he clasped his hands together, smiled, and said, "This could be a good time!"

*** "There is a river flowing now very fast.* It is so great and swift that there are those who will be afraid.* They will try to hold on to the shore.** They will feel they are torn apart and will suffer greatly.*

*** "Know the river has its destination.* The elders say we must let go of the shore, push off into the middle of the river, keep our eyes open, and our heads above water. * And I say, see who is in there with you and celebrate.* At this time in history, we are to take nothing personally, Least of all ourselves.* For the moment that we do,* our spiritual growth and journey comes to a halt.*

*** "The time for the lone wolf is over.* Gather yourselves!* Banish the word struggle from you attitude and your vocabulary.* All that we do now must be done in a sacred manner and in celebration.*

*** "We are the ones we've been waiting for."

-- attributed to an unnamed Hopi elder
Hopi Nation
Oraibi, Arizona

"The time of the lonewolf is over"
Maybe the gathering on forums such as this... Because no one is gathering with me......Lol
With Love.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:52 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
I'm wondering what your experience is with communication about spiritual matters in your own communities. Obviously it's not always easy to find like-minded people when you have serious spiritual interests, and we all need people to talk to about them.

I started a club at my school in Boston that explains things like lucid dreaming, OBE, meditation, energy work, and others; what they are and how to achieve them. I wanted everyone to have an outlet for discussion about their experiences in order to understand them in an environment where no one is going to judge anyone else.

do tell

"Let those who talk to the elves find each other and band together."
-Terence McKenna

I am very involved with groups and individuals who are spiritual and connected to various paths. I love my alone time, but feel very connected in my world to like minded souls.