Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 21-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Toolite

Is Spirituality?

Is spirituality all about one's self? Just developing you? or is it about others and in the process of helping to develop others you are developed?

Higher Self.. getting information from the Higher Self.. Isnt the whole reason for living is so that you can learn life's lessons given to you? So then why arent we getting information from the true source?

For those who demonstrate gifts, are they your gifts or Gods?

Just a couple of questions I had..

All The Glory Belongs to God Forever!
Old 21-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
Is spirituality all about one's self? Just developing you? or is it about others and in the process of helping to develop others you are developed?

Higher Self.. getting information from the Higher Self.. Isnt the whole reason for living is so that you can learn life's lessons given to you? So then why arent we getting information from the true source?

It's all about you .. Toolite . ..

Sounds selfish but by knowing you, loving you, forgiving you, healing you, you are being selfless for doing so .. .

When you are being yourself you are being true to all _ and yet there is only self .

x daz x
Old 21-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Master
I see us all connected, so we are also collectively assisting each other, and personal evolution as a given.

DS
Old 21-03-2012, 08:50 PM
amy green

Don't think there are any hard and fast barrier lines here. However, a lot of people are into personal growth, e.g. counselling/ psychotherapy - which is about focusing on the self - and not necessarily interested in anything more (e.g. spirituality).

Spirituality, as I see it, can also incorporate this self development but (more crucially) involves becoming more attuned to our spirit (which has the effect of diminishing the ego). That said, am sure it also operates in reverse, i.e. by being more humanistic this can/will lead to greater likelihood of developing our spirituality. Essentially, it's a two-way/interactive dynamic.

My understanding of the higher self is that it is our potential and, as such, not separate from ourselves. We can beneficially connect to it.

Last edited by amy green : 21-03-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 21-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Eudaimonist

Quote:
Is spirituality all about one's self? Just developing you?

In my view, yes. However, spirituality no doubt "spills over" onto others with benefits.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 21-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:

I believe that spirituality is remembering who you really are or the process of trying to remember that you are spirit--a beautiful and loving Being of Light....and by process I mean that it becomes more than a "knowing", but also a "feeling" of absolute love and freedom.......for me it is that simple.....we are all part of the source, so when spirit speaks to you or guides you, you are still getting it from the source.....they say that everyone can develop those gifts if they try hard enough.......love and light
Old 21-03-2012, 11:20 PM
xebiche

STOP MAKING SO MUCH TROUBLE FOR YOURSELVES.

It is about:

developing yourself

working on behalf of others

respecting animals

being in accordance with nature.

The word "OR" only creates ignorance.
The use of this word is often falacious.
Old 21-03-2012, 11:38 PM
Master
Quote:

Can a person truly help another if they are unable to help themselves?
Old 22-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Master
When you truly know your Self, only then can you truly know others.
Old 22-03-2012, 12:22 AM
Master
Is spirituality all about one's self? Just developing you?

Each of us is our own universe and we are responsible for that alone.

As others have said, what can you really give others unless you become healed, whole and free... and feeling genuine compassion within yourself?

Of course, giving is part of how we develop best.

Xan