Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-04-2019, 02:50 PM
Master

Well done, Lorelyen. You are indeed sliding some puzzle pieces together. I’ve often used the “car analogy” myself in explaining things . . . except I had the car being the physical body, the gasoline being the emotions, the computer being the mind, and the driver being Soul. It helps people “see” various aspects of Self.

To answer the above questions . . .

1) . . . No

2) . . . Yes . . . new Souls are created all the time . . . as well as those that are entering their incarnation series’ in “less-than-human-consciousness” entities always evolve or unfold into the higher, thus adding to it all. ALL have a “spirit” of their own . . . caveman or otherwise.

3) . . . Soul learns everything . . . one step at a time . . . and Soul “earns” everything . . . one step at a time. Karma is learned and balanced through the various incarnations. If one . . . as an example . . . earns their way into a “royal” birth but has a physical defect . . . lots of little facets are at play there.

4) . . . Soul learns to “utilize” the body just as It learns to “utilize” everything else.

“As above So below” is a fundamental precept of these worlds. You are quite perceptive to use it to better understand the workings of this world . . . and of others. Well done.
Old 27-04-2019, 09:02 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird
1) I had a surgery where I had to be completely under anesthesia so I lost consciousness, I remember being injected and then was a blank or void gap period then waking up.

Is death the same, without waking up?
But did you lose consciousness or did you lose awareness? I've had surgery too so I understand where you're coming from, it was a total blank between going under and waking up in the ward, with a vague recollection of having been asked where I was when they brought me round post-op. I was also involved in a car accident when my consciousness pretty much shut down and I wasn't aware that my body was driving me out of too much trouble.

Death is not the same, and you can ask that of any medium. When I was working as a medium I was in contact with Spirits who came across as being just as they were when they were 'alive' - personalities intact too. They felt emotion, they felt the separation although they dealt with it better and they had a genuine (as far as I could tell) sense of humour. Consciousness and awareness are turbo-charged in Spirit.

2) Population is increasing, this makes me wonder if new spirits are created? Did caveman or their predecessors have spirit as well?[/quote]Once upon a time there was a single consciousness, all alone in the night. The that consciousness did something that changed the Universe forever, it asked the question "Who Am I?" In order to do that it has to split itself in two so that it could see itself, and here we are today. While it's an allegory it's as good a visualuation as any for understanding. If we are "individuated aspects of Source" and phrases of that ilk, it helps to make sense of it.

Quote:
3) Do spirits choose before incarnating (like preview) to inhabit a mental disabled body? Did they also choose to inhabit royal babies with defects that were made from cousin marriages? Or like in Albert Einstein's case with his first cousin?
There's are so many beliefs that are variations on a theme to say we did, but what often clouds that understanding is human judgement - "Why would anyone choose to be disabled?" Or worse. Perhaps Life's Purpose is just the human mind looking for rhyme and reason but there's an emergent Spirituality just the same. I'd like to think that there's an emergent Spirit that comes from having earthly experiences in whatever shape or form they are.

Quote:
4) How does spirit utilize the body? How does it stick to the body? What about organ transplants?
It inhabits the same space of the body in the same way sugar dissolves in your coffee, or steam doesn't push the air out of your kitchen when the kettle boils. Or the way you can't see TV and cellphone signals and they don't interfere with each other.

It's not actually known how Spirit interacts with the body, although there are any number of beliefs and theories. The other problem is that nobody is quite sure what Spirit is. Penrose and Hameroff have found quantum-capable microtubules in the human brain, so if Spirit is the probability field? Your noggin may well be in quantum entangled with Spirit, or quantum superposition might be the answer to how Spirits are created. Other than that it's all down to beliefs. Spirit needs something to interact with this density of vibration and have the human experience. It's kinda hard for pure consciousness to press the buttons on your keyboard or having the experience of a situation where Love becomes conditional, but then matter is emergent of consciousness - Big Bang and all that - so.......

What is known is that the body, the brain/mind and the consciousness are all autonomous, meaning they exist in their own right. What seems to be happening though is more of a symbiotic relationship between them. Having a stinking cold is going to give your Spirituality a hit and what you experience, Spirit experiences. Collective consciousness.

So while adults put so much stock in having the answers the child just plays in the puddles, with no thought about precipitation. Perhaps as Spirit we created all of this so we could explore.
Old 27-04-2019, 07:20 PM
Guide
Quote:
Can someone answer these questions, please? Thanks

1) I had a surgery where I had to be completely under anesthesia so I lost consciousness, I remember being injected and then was a blank or void gap period then waking up.

Is death the same, without waking up?

2) Population is increasing, this makes me wonder if new spirits are created? Did caveman or their predecessors have spirit as well?

3) Do spirits choose before incarnating (like preview) to inhabit a mental disabled body? Did they also choose to inhabit royal babies with defects that were made from cousin marriages? Or like in Albert Einstein's case with his first cousin?

4) How does spirit utilize the body? How does it stick to the body? What about organ transplants?

Hi freebird,

I must admit I see things a little differently to most, where in my view:

1) I think this is exactly right, and that sleeping is exactly like death - with death being our beautiful, eternal sleep with no awareness.

2) Oh yes, each person that comes from the Earth is a 'new spirit' that is created then dissipates and this breath-taking cycle will continue to do so time after time after time. Just like the way apples grow on trees and waves come from the ocean.

3) I don't believe in a pre-life or an afterlife, where our existence is our life experience and is our time of 'being'. Where as we die another is born with their individual consciousness from the very same cosmic consciousness as you and I.

4) I see this as the other way around, so instead of being a soul in a body, each of us is the very soul of the Universe.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 27-04-2019, 07:40 PM
Knower

Thank you Native spirit, Loreylen and zorkchop for your responses !

If all living beings have souls, if animals have souls this means that even microorganisms like bacteria and viruses have as well, or cells?

@Native spirit, what you written seems to condradict what others have written and that's a bit confusing
Old 27-04-2019, 07:43 PM
Knower

Thank you. Very interesting information.
To be honest I wasn't aware of anything while under total(general) anesthesia, it was a blank period as you said, and hopefully death won't be the same, I wish it won't be like that and I hope mediums are right. Another time I was rushed to the hospital and in the ambulance the nurse was saying "his pressure and pulse are low, we're losing him!" and while I heard that I couldn't say anything but my facial expression was my only way to communicate

Were the ancient people right about saying that we have spirit and not just fairytales?

Are the people that are saying that they only have 1 life right about that or do we have multiple lives as in reincarnation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
But did you lose consciousness or did you lose awareness? I've had surgery too so I understand where you're coming from, it was a total blank between going under and waking up in the ward, with a vague recollection of having been asked where I was when they brought me round post-op. I was also involved in a car accident when my consciousness pretty much shut down and I wasn't aware that my body was driving me out of too much trouble.

Death is not the same, and you can ask that of any medium. When I was working as a medium I was in contact with Spirits who came across as being just as they were when they were 'alive' - personalities intact too. They felt emotion, they felt the separation although they dealt with it better and they had a genuine (as far as I could tell) sense of humour. Consciousness and awareness are turbo-charged in Spirit.

2) Population is increasing, this makes me wonder if new spirits are created? Did caveman or their predecessors have spirit as well? Once upon a time there was a single consciousness, all alone in the night. The that consciousness did something that changed the Universe forever, it asked the question "Who Am I?" In order to do that it has to split itself in two so that it could see itself, and here we are today. While it's an allegory it's as good a visualuation as any for understanding. If we are "individuated aspects of Source" and phrases of that ilk, it helps to make sense of it.

There's are so many beliefs that are variations on a theme to say we did, but what often clouds that understanding is human judgement - "Why would anyone choose to be disabled?" Or worse. Perhaps Life's Purpose is just the human mind looking for rhyme and reason but there's an emergent Spirituality just the same. I'd like to think that there's an emergent Spirit that comes from having earthly experiences in whatever shape or form they are.

It inhabits the same space of the body in the same way sugar dissolves in your coffee, or steam doesn't push the air out of your kitchen when the kettle boils. Or the way you can't see TV and cellphone signals and they don't interfere with each other.

It's not actually known how Spirit interacts with the body, although there are any number of beliefs and theories. The other problem is that nobody is quite sure what Spirit is. Penrose and Hameroff have found quantum-capable microtubules in the human brain, so if Spirit is the probability field? Your noggin may well be in quantum entangled with Spirit, or quantum superposition might be the answer to how Spirits are created. Other than that it's all down to beliefs. Spirit needs something to interact with this density of vibration and have the human experience. It's kinda hard for pure consciousness to press the buttons on your keyboard or having the experience of a situation where Love becomes conditional, but then matter is emergent of consciousness - Big Bang and all that - so.......

What is known is that the body, the brain/mind and the consciousness are all autonomous, meaning they exist in their own right. What seems to be happening though is more of a symbiotic relationship between them. Having a stinking cold is going to give your Spirituality a hit and what you experience, Spirit experiences. Collective consciousness.

So while adults put so much stock in having the answers the child just plays in the puddles, with no thought about precipitation. Perhaps as Spirit we created all of this so we could explore.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:12 PM
Knower

@Greenslade I looked into some NDE and some people said that they didn't experience anything despite them being pronounced clinically dead. This is similar to the gap or blank period of losing awareness that occurred during the surgery. Read comments with criticism from skeptics saying that death is the same, and the people that claim to be contrary are hoaxers. What do you think happened when awareness was lost?

Last edited by freebird : 03-05-2019 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:41 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Thank you. Very interesting information.
To be honest I wasn't aware of anything while under total(general) anesthesia, it was a blank period as you said, and hopefully death won't be the same, I wish it won't be like that and I hope mediums are right. Another time I was rushed to the hospital and in the ambulance the nurse was saying "his pressure and pulse are low, we're losing him!" and while I heard that I couldn't say anything but my facial expression was my only way to communicate

Were the ancient people right about saying that we have spirit and not just fairytales?

Are the people that are saying that they only have 1 life right about that or do we have multiple lives as in reincarnation?
Hi Freebird

You're very welcome. Did you steal that moniker from Lynyrd Skynyrd?

I have Spirit kids who come to see me from time-to-time, and if I could tell them to visit you and have you sense them, I would because that would be an experience to end all of your doubts.

All fairy tales have their basis in either facts or strongly-held beliefs but in this world of the literal that's been lost in the translation. The fairy tales point to realms that the ancients believed were there as much as we believe in Spirituality itself - fairy tales were their Spirituality.

If people say they have only one Life left that's possible, and they may have already Lived through others. Then again, they might well be telling their own tales. This is my last and seventh Life and I'm not coming back.

Quote:
I looked into some NDE and some people said that they didn't experience anything despite them being pronounced clinically dead. This is similar to the gap or blank period of losing awareness that occurred during the surgery. Read comments with criticism from skeptics saying that death is the same, and the people that claim to be contrary are hoaxers. What do you think happened when awareness was lost?
The individual NDE experiences are the experiences of the individual, although some are common. If the sceptics experienced blankness then that is their experience and is not true for everyone. What I learned from a car accident I was involved in is that the consciousness can 'shut itself down' voluntarily for a period of time, it's the mind's way of dealing with trauma. Becoming dead would be pretty traumatic in itself.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:46 PM
Knower

Thank you Greenslade for sharing, it really is interesting

Exactly ! Yupz, your intuition is good, I inspired from the song "Free bird" as Lynyrd Skynyrd are one of my fav bands.

I heard of some people that suffered from temporal amnesia such as they temporary lost memory after falling and hitting their head which made me wonder, where is our memory stored?

Quote:
Hi Freebird

I have Spirit kids who come to see me from time-to-time, and if I could tell them to visit you and have you sense them, I would because that would be an experience to end all of your doubts.

All fairy tales have their basis in either facts or strongly-held beliefs but in this world of the literal that's been lost in the translation. The fairy tales point to realms that the ancients believed were there as much as we believe in Spirituality itself - fairy tales were their Spirituality.

If people say they have only one Life left that's possible, and they may have already Lived through others. Then again, they might well be telling their own tales. This is my last and seventh Life and I'm not coming back.

The individual NDE experiences are the experiences of the individual, although some are common. If the sceptics experienced blankness then that is their experience and is not true for everyone. What I learned from a car accident I was involved in is that the consciousness can 'shut itself down' voluntarily for a period of time, it's the mind's way of dealing with trauma. Becoming dead would be pretty traumatic in itself.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:27 AM
Knower

Quote:
Hi Freebird

Last night after taking a shower and stopped the water flow, nobody entered the bathroom, the bath was dry completely and after like 4 hours the shower started pouring water from the head for 15-20 seconds randomly then stopped, I thought I'm going nuts, then I went there to check and it was indeed wet, weird as I can't explain it

Thanks for the intention.I'll have to think about the visitation before giving an answer, I'll probably be scared with the encounter.

So were old civilizations like Sumerians or before them right about spirituality and humans having spirit (soul), in the sense that they might be close as interpretation and not just a fairy tale? They used to say that we are mind body and spirit (soul), were they close as interpretation or just fairy tale baloney?

Don't want to be rude, sorry, I am just curious. How do you know that this is your 7th life and your last one? What will happen to you after this one, do you know?

Is death a joke?
I get what you mean about last paragraph, so it implies that something didn't trigger the spirit to leave the body, as the damage wasn't enough?
Still those people had their heart stopped and they weren't aware of anything, just blank blackness. How can we know that people who experienced something like DR Eben Alexander were not hallucinating?

Last edited by freebird : 04-05-2019 at 06:36 AM.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:15 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Thank you Greenslade for sharing, it really is interesting

Exactly ! Yupz, your intuition is good, I inspired from the song "Free bird" as Lynyrd Skynyrd are one of my fav bands.

I heard of some people that suffered from temporal amnesia such as they temporary lost memory after falling and hitting their head which made me wonder, where is our memory stored?
You're very welcome, FreeBird

I remember them from a long time ago when I was in the forces, one of the guys had an album and I was hooked from there and I have a couple of their CDs in the car.

It's not really known where the memories are held. It was though that they were stored in the brain itself and the popular answer would hold to that for the time being. Current science doesn't actually know for sure, it's thought that the brain isn't storage but is more of a storage and retrieval mechanism. I was watching a TEDx YouTube yesterday that reckoned we only have one gigabyte of memory storage. Kinda makes you wonder what's going on. Memories survive with the personality so they're not lost, wherever they may be.

Quote:
Last night after taking a shower and stopped the water flow, nobody entered the bathroom, the bath was dry completely and after like 4 hours the shower started pouring water from the head for 15-20 seconds randomly then stopped, I thought I'm going nuts, then I went there to check and it was indeed wet, weird as I can't explain it

Thanks for the intention.I'll have to think about the visitation before giving an answer, I'll probably be scared with the encounter.

So were old civilizations like Sumerians or before them right about spirituality and humans having spirit (soul), in the sense that they might be close as interpretation and not just a fairy tale? They used to say that we are mind body and spirit (soul), were they close as interpretation or just fairy tale baloney?

Don't want to be rude, sorry, I am just curious. How do you know that this is your 7th life and your last one? What will happen to you after this one, do you know?

Is death a joke?
I get what you mean about last paragraph, so it implies that something didn't trigger the spirit to leave the body, as the damage wasn't enough?
Still those people had their heart stopped and they weren't aware of anything, just blank blackness. How can we know that people who experienced something like DR Eben Alexander were not hallucinating?
Sounds like you have 'visitors' there, FB. I don't think it's malicious though, if they wanted to do you harm they would have done something more serious than mess with the shower. Or maybe you just need a new shower.

The Sumerians weren't so Spiritual, they had their Gods but as I recall they didn't leave much to do with religion or Spirituality. Their Gods were based on actual people in the form of the Annunaki but that was about it. Around the same time there was the Egyptians and the Hindus from the Indus Valley area, both were very deeply Spiritual and their immense Spiritual legacies still survive today.

It's OK, I know you're not being rude. I'm very intuitive and I always knew that this was going to be my last, that I wasn't coming back. It was just a feeling deep in my Soul. My wife channels Spirit and we were just talking, then suddenly Spirit was there and telling me what's going on. They told me that this is my last, and in the next Life I'm going to be a 'teacher of Life', whatever that means. I didn't ask because I wasn't supposed to know that much, and for all I know the existence could well be in a form so very different to this one.

Death isn't a joke, it's an experience and when you are an eternal Spirit it's quite an experience.

I know that the consciousness can 'step out' of the body because I've had that experience as a child, so I can understand OBEs and the like. As to what triggers the consciousness to leave the body in an actual death, nobody really knows. Nobody really knows very much about the consciousness, truth be told. People have had NDE experiences where they've described what was said and done while they were supposed to be unconscious. The mind can fabricate false memories from people sitting around a bed, but what they can't fabricate are conversations because you can't predict what people are going to say.

You experience your existence the way you do but did you know that it's your brain that's processing data that gives you what you experience, and that's not the way the Universe actually is.