Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 16-06-2019, 03:00 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
The planet which rules me, is unfortunately, Saturn.

Saturn is the planet of Karma and thus it 'rules' everybody to a greater or lesser extent.

My natal Saturn just happens to be retrograde in Pisces in the Third House.

This has caused me no end of trouble throughout my life.

There is also this thing inside me which occasionally says that I need to have another "Shani Puja" done - a ceremony to ward off the malefic effects of that planet.

'

psices is the curse of my life
Old 16-06-2019, 07:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebear
'psices is the curse of my life

I am Sun in Pisces, and like all the signs it helps and hinders.

The symbol for Pisces is two fishes swimming in opposite directions, which is a good reflection of myself. So part of me goes downwards, wanting that which is easiest in life, while part goes upwards, aspiring to great attainment.

Pisces is a deeply spiritual sign, culminating in service and the sacrifice of the lower self. We just have to embrace the higher aspect.

Peace.
Old 17-06-2019, 02:09 AM
Master
I’ll join the cursed Pisces club/cult

4 planets in Pisces

Pluto in 12th house (Pluto also an apex of a Yod)
Old 18-06-2019, 12:09 AM
Master
yes as iamthat has said overall the ruling planet is the one that rules the Ascendant. but as FairyCrystal says it also makes sense that we are culmination of the planets that rule our other placements too. Astrology is compartmentalized yet synergistic in its expression so it is a long study to immerse yourself in. Don't worry carebear a lot of it is intimidating to most people as they start off but it will make more and more sense and come together as you continue learning, journeying and contemplating it

I didn't at first but I now think that the traditional older rulers of the signs hold more weight than the modern newer ones, but concur both should be considered.

To that end with my Pisces Ascendant Jupiter is my ruling planet.. with a Libra Sun and Scorpio Moon there's also Venus, and Pluto for Scorpio, or Mars if you go with the traditional ruler. something that I heard once made the rulership of Scorpio being Mars make much more sense to me. they said that for Aries Mars is like external fire energy, while with Scorpio it is like internal.. so there's the phoenix rising from the ashes metaphor which Scorpio is associated with. Scorpio is said to be represented by multiple things, most commonly known the scorpion, but also the eagle, dove, and phoenix or even dragon. So before a Scorpio is transformed it manifests most as the scorpion but through transformation reaches higher energies that are more peaceful and productive. but anyways that's a diversion from the topic at hand sorry..

There is another way to find a ruling planet for your chart, called the 'final depositor' of the chart. You take your signs and see which sign the planet ruling one is and keep going til you see who ultimately rules according to the chain that links them all together. In that case I also have Jupiter as my ruling planet, but I could never forget about the power and influence of Neptune either. it seems a little tricky at first but if anyone wants me to try and find the final depositor of their chart I'd be glad to help
Old 18-06-2019, 12:15 AM
Pathfinder

For me it’s a fairly even split between Pluto and Saturn. This manifests in my life as periods of tremendous emotional and physical upheaval. As well as tendency to be routed into taking the path of most resistance.

I feel it has made me extremely adaptable to change in life, Saturn was retrograde and in some fairly hard aspects with my sun an Jupiter that made learning and communication very difficult for me.
Old 18-06-2019, 01:20 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
yes as iamthat has said overall the ruling planet is the one that rules the Ascendant. but as FairyCrystal says it also makes sense that we are culmination of the planets that rule our other placements too. Astrology is compartmentalized yet synergistic in its expression so it is a long study to immerse yourself in. Don't worry carebear a lot of it is intimidating to most people as they start off but it will make more and more sense and come together as you continue learning, journeying and contemplating it

I didn't at first but I now think that the traditional older rulers of the signs hold more weight than the modern newer ones, but concur both should be considered.

To that end with my Pisces Ascendant Jupiter is my ruling planet.. with a Libra Sun and Scorpio Moon there's also Venus, and Pluto for Scorpio, or Mars if you go with the traditional ruler. something that I heard once made the rulership of Scorpio being Mars make much more sense to me. they said that for Aries Mars is like external fire energy, while with Scorpio it is like internal.. so there's the phoenix rising from the ashes metaphor which Scorpio is associated with. Scorpio is said to be represented by multiple things, most commonly known the scorpion, but also the eagle, dove, and phoenix or even dragon. So before a Scorpio is transformed it manifests most as the scorpion but through transformation reaches higher energies that are more peaceful and productive. but anyways that's a diversion from the topic at hand sorry..

There is another way to find a ruling planet for your chart, called the 'final depositor' of the chart. You take your signs and see which sign the planet ruling one is and keep going til you see who ultimately rules according to the chain that links them all together. In that case I also have Jupiter as my ruling planet, but I could never forget about the power and influence of Neptune either. it seems a little tricky at first but if anyone wants me to try and find the final depositor of their chart I'd be glad to help

hi, sapphire, I don't feel a connection to my ascendant planet. I dont identify with it..... "final depositor' of the chart. Thakn you. I will reaserach that right now. I'll make sure to message you if I get stuck in a rut. This can all be very confusing! I am learning so much.

Where did you learn your astrology saph?
Old 18-06-2019, 05:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by carebear
hi, sapphire, I don't feel a connection to my ascendant planet. I dont identify with it..... "final depositor' of the chart. Thakn you. I will reaserach that right now. I'll make sure to message you if I get stuck in a rut. This can all be very confusing! I am learning so much.

Where did you learn your astrology saph?

Your being eager and willing to learn is the best thing. well I've been interested in Astrology for a lot of years, starting back when I read Teen magazines' horoscopes and probably wasn't a teenager yet lol but I didn't realize the full spectrum til later. when you learn about your other main placements, Moon and Ascendant, it all becomes so much clearer. so I read a lot online, borrowed lots of books from the library (one Summer I remember borrowing like a dozen at once) and bought some, and also I've watched many youtube videos in addition to discussing with others online, including this forum which I've been lucky to have a couple people who were more adept in it help me understand my chart better.

Right now I am also on this very small forum where this one guy Zarathu who is a retired psychologist too helps a few people who are really serious about delving deep into their charts. He's got a really strict process but he's knowledgeable with decades of experience and has introduced me to some things I probably never would've learned about Astrology and charts otherwise

so just take your time and go where the signs and your intrigues take you. lol I just thought of something that may or may not make sense.. but a lot of things in life can be paralleled to the progression of the signs and houses in the Zodiac wheel.. so at first when one discovers Astrology maybe they're like Aries, jumping right in not necessarily knowing what's what but they want to discover themselves and use the power of it, then comes Taurus, (which the first 6 signs are essentially about "me" and it isn't til the 7th house or Libra that one truly realizes "others" exist outside of themselves as a same "me") greedily learning more about themselves through Astrology and starting to build something.. then Gemini is more curious and interested in the world around them and the community, and may ask others more questions but still relates everything to how it is about them, well to be honest I haven't understood the energies of Cancer and Leo as well and how that applies, but Aries is like a newborn, Taurus the toddler, Gemini the young child who wants to break everything to understand it and hopefully put it back together, then Cancer symbolizes the mother of course, and Leo family but also the self, and Virgo is the next step of community after Gemini, how one can immerse oneself in it and be of service somehow whether with a job or volunteering etc., then Libra basically wants another so they can make them and themselves happy, then Scorpio digs deeper into the "other" to understand them on another level, Sagittarius is about the broader community, the world and philosophies, travel, applying itself to try to improve the world, Capricorn is taking all that to the professional and political world, Aquarius attempting to unite and inspire everyone as individuals, and then Pisces the last universal spiritual sign wants everyone to understand their connection to the infinite or divine but has to try to figure this out for themselves too which could be one reason they tend to get lost, and then it starts all over again with Aries.. and of course there are higher and lower expressions of all the signs so an Aries could be quite enlightened and not exhibit any of the common negative traits associated with it. It all depends but that is why I love Astrology so much, because it teaches us that we have control over which energies we express and transformation is constant.

sorry for all the rambling hope it wasn't too much. what is your Ascendant carebear? My name is Karen and they called me Kare-bear growing up lol and I loved that cartoon and still watched it throughout the years haha but now I have a baby daughter so I have more of an excuse to watch cartoons
Old 27-06-2019, 03:25 AM
Deactivated Account
Mercury sun sign, Pluto ascendant, mercury mars, Venus and moon, Pluto in Scorpio...

I seem to communicate and express a lot of transformational Pluto energy in my life.

My entire life often feels like one transformation after another.
Old 27-06-2019, 10:50 AM
Newbie ;)

With my Sun Sign being Cancer, I am influenced by the Moon. It explains a lot of my moodiness and my emotional tug of war with myself...almost like I'm fighting with a shadow self where one part of me is genuinely happy-go-lucky and friendly, and the other side is angry and frustrated while also being critical of everyone around me. What a mess, right? lol

With my ascendant, that would make my ruling planet Venus (Taurus). It definitely helps me see the beauty in everything around me, and I would say that I am generally a peaceful person because of its influence. However, I can get wrapped up obsessing over beauty as well.
Old 30-06-2019, 08:05 AM
Guide

Personally, I am more like my Rising sign, Virgo.

I have Cancer sun and moon, and while I can be more emotive...it is usually during a full moon. I have also been reading in the moon phases, because working in the Imaging and ER, I've noticed more things happening, too. I don't think it's just an old superstition.

Up until about 100 years or so, people use to refer their astrological sign as their Rising sign...not their sun sign.

Cancer does somewhat describe my lessons and character within my family structure and close friends on a daily basis , but not me as a person, my interests, or how I function as a person, individually. I am health conscious, organized to a T, always cleaning things right, and a workaholic, as well as an insomniac, analytical, and can be quite nervous. One of the the first compliments I get from strangers...is how smart I am, whether that's true or not, is up for debate...lol.

I have Mercury in Leo.

I also have Venus in Leo...I spend lots of money and high quality gifts of on my family and friends, shower them with compliments, and probably grandize their achievements, and character. I'm very proud and loud, of all the people I love...they do get lots of affection and gifts from me...more so, than home cooked meals, and handmade items...lol, my skills on that stuff would be like need to my son's kindergarten hand painted Christmas ornaments.

I don't know astrology that well, either....