Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-09-2019, 11:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
from glimpses of joy and silence. to brief periods of time. to permanence. that is the process to god realization. as a living experience.

yogananda explains this. i couldn't agree more with what he says. IT REALLY IS A SCRIPT LIKE A MOVIE. i know that sounds crazy. a total ego killer.

Just some random thoughts here ....

Synchronicity also happens as if it was a movie script. (and I don’t mean seeing numbers like 11:11, which to me is more a manufactured, imagined mind-game between ‘me’ and ‘that’).

In synchronicity - it feels as if there was a central intelligence running the show ….. but it is hopeless to figure out ‘who’ that central intelligence is who put the script together.

I know this ‘me-character’ certainly didn’t do it. This ‘me-character’ in synchronicity is more like Buster Keaton to whom ‘stuff just happens’ 3:22 to 3:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frYIj2FGmMA

And how do you hang on to synchronicity? You can’t – you hang onto it by letting it constantly go, by letting it doeth its own thing.

So it is as if there was a centre, but it certainly isn’t this ‘me-character’.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I was reading recently the brain is the thinking tool, the mind the observer..

I’ve done a lot of reprogramming work to over ride old programs. The brain of course forms new circuits or neural pathways with anything new, so what your saying makes sense.
They say:
"Thoughts are either about reliving the past or speculating the future".
And certainly – if we make the ‘me-character’ the centre of our movie-script – I believe that statement to be true.
Hoping we are the centre and fearing we aren’t.

So I guess …. Using awareness as a sense and exploring the ‘isness’ of our “I amness” moment to moment – interrupts that old program and new thoughts arise as more spaciousness develops.

Or if we identify as ‘energy-fields’ (letting go of the centre into the field just being there) - it is what it is.
Well, then we can use our ‘energy-fields’ as a radar and the spaciousness of “I amness” as a sounding-board or a tuning-fork to explore other ‘energy-fields’ ….. which is like ‘seeing’ first and then looking. Which means that new thoughts also arise.

The old way is to look first and then judge everything according to our old mind-map i.e. our mind’s summary of life, universe and everything map … and pretend we are ‘seeing what is’ in the now.

And we hang onto these mind-maps to our dear life – building then up and building them up – what for?
To try and prove that the central intelligence, identified as the ‘me-character’ in our movie-script is valid and exists permanently?

Old 15-09-2019, 11:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
from reading your posts i could tell. the idea of just be helps imo. perhaps when the levee breaks if it hasn't already. you will ride the wave on your surfboard like a pro. or if not. all good anyways. the water always wins. and that is good!

What do you mean by ‘the levee’ breaking?

Full flow?
Old 16-09-2019, 12:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If Hitler had more love in his life
..........especially during his formative years
....................WWI did not happen
................................the frustrations the German people felt during the depressions after WWI
..........................................his personal sex life
.................................................. ..etc.

would he have become what he became?

I agree with you fully.... people tend to discount the Butterfly Effect when it comes to taking responsibility and ownership for their actions.

If Hitler was shown more love, if people appreciated his artwork, treated him kindly, WW2 may not have happened. It became the "perfect storm".

If a person washed up one cup in my community centre, put away one book, it would stop one homeless person from going cold and hungry that day.

If a person put their plastic wrapping in the rubbish bin instead of tossing it on the ground, it wouldn't get washed into the storm water drain where it would travel out to sea and suffocate a marine creature.

Every bad result...all suffering can be traced back to a thoughtless act of selfish negligence somewhere down the line in the past and in this way, we are all connected.

The actions of one will have consequences for the actions of another who they don't even know in most cases...this is Karma...because what goes around will eventually come around again.

When people notice that certain others are taking advantage of a humanitarian service, they will either stop the service or make the eligibility criteria to receive support SO strict, that even people who honestly need the service now have to jump through many hoops and struggle with mountains of bureaucratic red tape just to get any help.

It is very sad.

Oh and about Hitler's personal sex life...

When I owned my puppy, he also only had one descended testicle...I didn't know it at the time, but he was very aggressive, territorial, moody and would hump anything that didn't move...it got SO bad that I had to take him to the vet to have him neutered.

The vet noticed that one of his testicles was still way up inside his body, pumping testosterone straight into his bloodstream almost constantly...and so, he had to have an operation to remove it and get pumped full of female hormones for six months...he was a totally different doggie at the end of it ..just saying..
Old 16-09-2019, 01:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Hello there & I agree with your last right there, JustBe.

It is the individual (and communal and global and [etc]) manifestation of working or practical Samadhi which Shivani spoke of @ the summary level:

Regarding integrity in being and doing, or how we lives our lives day-to-day from centre...

I generally speak of [and act from] what I know and where I am at, and that includes my experience in interbeing of self, Self, and selves with all that is.
I generally speak of [and act from] living from centre in authentic love (lovingkindness and equanimity) in each moment in being and doing.
So, I generally speak and act from centre with a focus on the following:

- authentic love and awakening:
-mystical experiences and moving into centre...the myriad permutations of Love (always in as concrete terms as I can manage or convey)
-living from centre: balance in authentic love (lovingkindness and equanimity)
-interbeing; the relationship of self, Self, selves with one another and all that is
-living from centre in authentic love and interbeing, with awakened mind in service to awakened heart

-authentic love in being and doing:
-integrity and integration - i.e. manifestation of all of the above day-to-day in intent, thought, word, and deed
-integrity and integration in interbeing - manifestation of all of the above interpersonally, communally, socially, and globally
-healing and reconciliation ultimately these two are one and the same...(forgiveness, making amends, and reconciliation in interbeing)

Very broadly put...

Doing is equally important and not separate from being. This physical universe and our physical incarnations are not lesser than or separate from eternal consciousness. All is of God or Source. All matters...every intention, thought, word and deed. Nothing is ever lost. And all we are is equally present right here and right now.

For myself, I actually talk about integrity in being and doing in probably most of my posts on SF, and I do try to discuss in concrete terms what this means to me for day-to-day living here and now I spend a lot of time discussing integrity and integration in being and doing, day-to-day, on the ground, in keeping with my perspective and my lived experiences day-to-day, on the ground. A review of most of my posts on SF will reveal many of these broad themes.

I have also shared for many years where I personally am at regarding ownership, healing, and reconciliation, as well as integrity in my being and doing...whether regarding my actual connection to work, politics/goverance, culture/society, and personal relationships. With my illuminated understanding that both the manifestation of personal integrity of being and doing in all relationships, and personal sexual ethics and morality count as among the deepest individual expressions (doing) of "being" and "interbeing" in authentic love -- along with the broader ethics and morality of interbeing in authentic love.

It's also possible that for those folks who may not be as interested in the doing as well as the being (though they are deeply intertwined, in truth), that they may ignore or forget most of what I post on SF ;) Hahaha! Since that's largely what it's about...authentic love in being and doing, on the ground, day-to-day

Recently I also mentioned the broad areas day-to-day/on the ground that are key for me personally (and IMO for all humanity as well) in living my day-to-day life in a post to God-Like on this thread, so I'll try to find that one and post from that below as soon as I go back and find it.

Edit:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...&postcount=682
Peace & blessings
7L
Shivani: "..but I kinda liked my ego"
God: "shoulda thought of that before you made the choice to get rid of it".

It all boils down to gratitude. When people take advantage of situations and other people, the universe goes: "they don't seem to be too happy about what they now have...better take it away...maybe they will be happy then " but all they do is biotch and whine more because now it is gone.

Taking things for granted goes hand in hand with entitlement (which is the opposite of Enlightenment btw), while some feel that if they actually GET what they want, the game will be over because the joy is not in the receiving, but in the wanting....however, they are not conscious of doing this.

"If only I get "x" then I will be happy"...NO, because if ever you get "x", you will say exactly the same thing about "y" and "z".

Being honest and taking responsibility usually means "I don't know who the hell I am...or what I am supposed to be/do because I equate BE-ING with just EXIST-ING and not truly LIVE-ING, so what the hell am I supposed to do with that?"
Old 16-09-2019, 02:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
People tend to discount the Butterfly Effect when it comes to taking responsibility and ownership for their actions.

If Hitler was shown more love, if people appreciated his artwork, treated him kindly, WW2 may not have happened. It became the "perfect storm".
You are soooo obserant.
If Germany was allowed NOT to pay back for the war, the German people would not have gravitated toward Hitler. When I see
old pictures of Nazi Germany, I am amazed how Hitler was able to get huge number of women to attend his rally.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-09-2019, 02:34 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
What do you mean by ‘the levee’ breaking?

Full flow?

the current that runs through the body that is responsible for the ecststic joy feels like water. so when the levee breaks and it gets into your system. its going to unravel the blockages. the blockages are the lifetimes of baggage. it clears all this out so that it can make a home for itself. in the process can be brutal. but if one doesn't fight it to much and sits with it, and let's these things go as they arrise it could be more smooth. which is why i said you may have an easier time. reguardless. its all the same. the stuff clears and when enough clears the bliss becomes permanent.

feeling of flowing, moving liquid, in perhaps more dominant than the physical body. but that current in a living body makes one feel joyful in the mind and body.

thats how i experience it anyways.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 16-09-2019, 02:42 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Just some random thoughts here ....

Synchronicity also happens as if it was a movie script. (and I don’t mean seeing numbers like 11:11, which to me is more a manufactured, imagined mind-game between ‘me’ and ‘that’).

In synchronicity - it feels as if there was a central intelligence running the show ….. but it is hopeless to figure out ‘who’ that central intelligence is who put the script together.

I know this ‘me-character’ certainly didn’t do it. This ‘me-character’ in synchronicity is more like Buster Keaton to whom ‘stuff just happens’ 3:22 to 3:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frYIj2FGmMA

And how do you hang on to synchronicity? You can’t – you hang onto it by letting it constantly go, by letting it doeth its own thing.

So it is as if there was a centre, but it certainly isn’t this ‘me-character’.

They say:
"Thoughts are either about reliving the past or speculating the future".
And certainly – if we make the ‘me-character’ the centre of our movie-script – I believe that statement to be true.
Hoping we are the centre and fearing we aren’t.

So I guess …. Using awareness as a sense and exploring the ‘isness’ of our “I amness” moment to moment – interrupts that old program and new thoughts arise as more spaciousness develops.

Or if we identify as ‘energy-fields’ (letting go of the centre into the field just being there) - it is what it is.
Well, then we can use our ‘energy-fields’ as a radar and the spaciousness of “I amness” as a sounding-board or a tuning-fork to explore other ‘energy-fields’ ….. which is like ‘seeing’ first and then looking. Which means that new thoughts also arise.

The old way is to look first and then judge everything according to our old mind-map i.e. our mind’s summary of life, universe and everything map … and pretend we are ‘seeing what is’ in the now.

And we hang onto these mind-maps to our dear life – building then up and building them up – what for?
To try and prove that the central intelligence, identified as the ‘me-character’ in our movie-script is valid and exists permanently?

thank you for sharing how you come to see it!

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 16-09-2019, 03:26 AM
Master
Quote:
You are soooo obserant.
If Germany was allowed NOT to pay back for the war, the German people would not have gravitated toward Hitler. When I see
old pictures of Nazi Germany, I am amazed how Hitler was able to get huge number of women to attend his rally.
Thanks... sometimes I feel like I am just way too observant for my own good.

Oh yes, I have gone into the whole "who is observing"? thing, only to come up with another observer who is observing the observer...until my awareness becomes lost like a cigarette girl with a packet of cigarettes on a tray, the cover of the cigarette box showing a cigarette girl serving a packet of the same brand of cigarettes on a tray ...EARTH TO SHIVANI! Now where was I?

My Higher Self often goes "If you were actually observant of the observances, THAT would be great"....yeah, hahaha, good one!

I allow myself to be distracted too easily and not because I have a short attention span...on the contrary..

Shivani: "but I am afraid of losing who I am".
God: "who is losing what? and who are you anyway? and what is actually being 'lost'?"
Shivani: *mumbles something about a personal identity*
God: "How can you lose something which you never had?"

Oh great! Out of all the Spirit Guides and Angels in the universe, I just had to attract the biggest of them all..

*Goes back to being absorbed in an infinite quantum mirror tunnel... easier that way...I believe they call it "material bypassing". LOL
Old 16-09-2019, 03:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thanks... sometimes I feel like I am just way too observant for my own good.
Just..... like you previously mentioned about your community center.

A friend of mine, when he is around, we meet at the local McDonalds and talk about ways to be
better stewards of the planet and ways to help the poor and homeless.
For the environment: go back to washing plates, cups, glasses and flatware in the sink.
For the homeless: very inexpensive, small houses.

By the way, my friend is autistic and he seems to be on the path for enlightenment.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-09-2019, 03:53 AM
Master
Quote:
By the way, my friend is autistic and he seems to be on the path for enlightenment.

Thanks for posting this! There are no limitations for Divine Grace!