Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-09-2019, 09:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
The other day, Unseen Seeker sent me a PM asking me to explain the three types of Samadhi (Enlightenment).

Unseen Seeker:

Shivani Devi:

This is insightful.

Thankyou for sharing.
Old 14-09-2019, 09:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Hey there JustBe...this is my view (just generally speaking ). There is no either/or...there is always both/and. All things and all aspects are of God/Source, and all can be put in service of right-alignment. The ideal IMO is living from centre in right-alignment, leading with the heart-led consciousness, with awakened mind in service to awakened heart.

This will require humanity to work singly and communally with ownership, commitment, and diligence on those areas where we are spiritually and emotionally weak, especially. On our iniquities and our deficiencies in those areas. To listen to, affirm, support, nurture, and fortify ourselves and one another on the journey.

Those are my (very general) thoughts and thanks for sharing yours as well :)
I strongly believe listening, affirming, and engaging with courtesy -- just as we're doing here on SF -- is half of humanity.
Making the effort to show up and give a damn because our humanity is a sacred project.

Peace & blessings
7L

So how in your every day world do you apply this?

What I’m getting at, is that awareness of what is purposeful and ideal for the world and ourselves, as thoughts here is much easier to ‘feel’ enlightened about. But if we look at, the direct nature of being in the world with all these things your thinking and believing, where and how do you apply this?

The reality from computer/phone typing out ones ‘flow’ into the walk and relationship to life itself directly, is an actualised experience of ones realisations, so I’m interested how you apply yourself in the real lived experience?

It’s very easy to believe in something, hold an ideal for humanity, but seeing and being connected as all this and applying it to your closest companions, strangers and difficult people opens us up to break down the mind/body in ways we move beyond thoughts and concepts and into being connected as everything you see for others..
Old 14-09-2019, 10:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
perhaps a better book than most is yoganandas autobiography. it looks at things sometimes from a cultural perspective but there is no perfect book. seperate the real from the culture as you read. also an entertaining story of a great passion for the bliss.
Oh, now I think I get (?) what you mean by (repeatedly) mentioning that it is not the culture.

You mean that Bliss is a real living experience available to everyone rather than it being limited to a specific culture, or a specific cultural teaching.

The same way perhaps as the “map is not the territory”. i.e. the territory being the moment to moment openness to reality ‘what is’ and not the conceptual ideas about what reality is or the conceptual ideals (according to our mental map) how everything should be.

Yet since I juggle 2 cultures in my ordinary everyday reality - I can say that it is far easier (in openness) to mutually RECOGNIZE the same “I amness” in each other in one culture than in the other. In the other culture there is not that much shared “I amness” – there is only sharing the comparisons of our conceptual, mental data maps, which is like talking to a dual wall.

Therefore also - in my experience – nondual love doesn’t need to be demonstrative.
It actually makes me feel very, very shy (& seemingly withdrawn) yet at the same time smug like the cat that ate the canary , because in that nondual recognition of each other as self – compassion already is. Unconditional love already is.

Old 14-09-2019, 11:08 PM
Master
Thank you Shivani for this:
Quote:
There are three main types of Samadhi... Patanjali goes into more of them... about 12 IIRC.

Savikalpa - "Having Attribute" - a form of Enlightenment based upon a concept (Shiva, Oneness, Brahman) it occurs when Kundalini reaches the Ajna Chakra (Command Centre) but has yet to break through the psychic knot called Rudra Granthi, and thus can descend back down from the Makara Point to reside in one of the lower chakras (ideally it should be the Anahata).

Nirvikalpa Samadhi - "Without Attribute" (Unattributed). This is a direct realization of what exists beyond mere concepts, labels and identity. It involves the piercing of the Rudra Granthi and to overcome the fear of one's own mortality. The experience is very deep and profound, but not practical in any sense beyond that experience. Even in this state, Moksha (liberation) is not attained and although Kundalini has issued forth from the crown, the one who attains to Nirvikalpa Samadhi can bring their awareness down into Vishuddhi Chakra (throat) for the purpose of communication.

Now, to answer your question. Practical Samadhi and how it can be brought into lived experience is called:

Sahaja Samadhi - (Easy Samadhi) - which is anything BUT easy!
The closest I can relate this to, is Wu Wei Wu of Buddhism..it consists of existing within Nirvikalpa Samadhi, but ALSO being in the flow ..in alignment with the Dynamics of the universe, becoming a conduit for the Divine Energies to serve mankind and help the planet.
The ‘Easy Samadhi’ is 'easy' because it is absolutely effortless, because there absolutely is nobody doing it here nor there.
And how that all (the dance) just happens - is still The Great Mystery.

This kinda reminds me of it:
https://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/lib157.htm
Quote:
CHAPTER XX
THE WITHDRAWAL FROM THE COMMON WAY.
1. To forget learning is to end trouble. The smallest difference in words, such as "yes" and "yea", can make endless controversy for the scholar. Fearful indeed is death, since all men fear it; but the abyss of questionings, shoreless and bottomless, is worse!

2. Consider the profane man, how he preeneth, as if at feast, or gazing upon Spring from a tower!
But as for me, I am as one who yawneth, without any trace of desire. I am like a babe before its first smile. I appear sad and forlorn, like a man homeless.
The profane man hath his need filled, ay, and more also.
For me, I seem to have lost all I had. My mind is as it were stupefied; it hath no definite shape.
The profane man looketh lively and keen-witted; I alone appear blank in my mind.
They seem eagerly critical; I appear careless and without perception. I seem to be as one adrift upon the sea, with no thought of an harbor.
The profane have each one his definite course of action; I alone appear useless and uncomprehending, like a man from the border. Yea, thus I differ from all other men: but my jewel is the All-Mother!

Old 15-09-2019, 12:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Perhaps full enlightenment is the realisation that regardless of how fully enlightened we think we are, there is always scope for more. And more.
Yah, maan!
Caveat, in all of the foregoing regards, as well as others not categorically mentioned: It may take quite a while (possibly more than a lifetime even) for all of the implications of what is thereby [i.e. from one's 'enlightment' aha moment] realized to be fully absorbed, integrated and functionally implemented in soulful terms. Breakthrough insights along such lines may be extremely impressive, light bulb getting turned on in a previously dark room with the flip of a switch kinds of events, so impressive that said ‘room’ itself, as then seen, may become a “nothing could possibly be ‘better’ than thiskind of logistically self‑reifying, hence soul-growth confining and further spiritual-evolution stopping, belief ‘box’, which not infrequently leads to folks becoming ensconced in grotesquely demoniacal (as seen by anyone who isn’t similarly deluded, that is!) box‑smugness☺ wherefrom they regard and relate to others who don’t live in the same ‘box’ in condescending [Jyotir! ] (hence ultimately Love‑and-Joy-in-relation-to-and-with-others diminishing!) ways. To make sure such an attitude doesn’t ‘infect’ you, especially when and as you hear others reinforcingly describing ‘enlightenment’ experiences similar to yours in ‘glowing’ terms, be sure to always remind yourself of the fact that every soul’s ‘journey’ is unique and that said evolutionary journey never ends. Infinity extends in every direction. The projection that there is some kind of ‘ultimate’, or ‘greatest’ possible, realization beyond which there is nothing more or different to realize is delusional!
Old 15-09-2019, 12:23 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Oh, now I think I get (?) what you mean by (repeatedly) mentioning that it is not the culture.

You mean that Bliss is a real living experience available to everyone rather than it being limited to a specific culture, or a specific cultural teaching.

The same way perhaps as the “map is not the territory”. i.e. the territory being the moment to moment openness to reality ‘what is’ and not the conceptual ideas about what reality is or the conceptual ideals (according to our mental map) how everything should be.

Yet since I juggle 2 cultures in my ordinary everyday reality - I can say that it is far easier (in openness) to mutually RECOGNIZE the same “I amness” in each other in one culture than in the other. In the other culture there is not that much shared “I amness” – there is only sharing the comparisons of our conceptual, mental data maps, which is like talking to a dual wall.

Therefore also - in my experience – nondual love doesn’t need to be demonstrative.
It actually makes me feel very, very shy (& seemingly withdrawn) yet at the same time smug like the cat that ate the canary , because in that nondual recognition of each other as self – compassion already is. Unconditional love already is.

yes. for everyone. not culture bound. as i see it.

thank you very much for sharing your living experience! and thoughts of the subject

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 15-09-2019, 12:27 AM
Master
To anyone/everyone who 'remembers' or just projects that he or she lived with 'great' awareness (and harmony etc.) in more 'golden' times, my understanding of (the theory) of reincarnation, and consequent conjecture. is such that you must have 'missed' something or 'fallen' (for some kind of delusion) in some significant way or else you wouldn't be here having 'problems' (such as 'me' ) thrown at you which still need to be 'resolved'.
Old 15-09-2019, 12:30 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
from glimpses of joy and silence. to brief periods of time. to permanence. that is the process to god realization. as a living experience.

yogananda explains this. i couldn't agree more with what he says. IT REALLY IS A SCRIPT LIKE A MOVIE. i know that sounds crazy. a total ego killer. but knowing that and living life actually isn't contradiction. but a huge surrender of feeling like your world and mind goes through A DEATH.

Good afternoon running

Whos a smart cookie

A living death, side step death that awaits us all
Old 15-09-2019, 12:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Thank you Shivani for this:

The ‘Easy Samadhi’ is 'easy' because it is absolutely effortless, because there absolutely is nobody doing it here nor there.
And how that all (the dance) just happens - is still The Great Mystery.

This kinda reminds me of it:
https://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/lib157.htm

Your kind self (and also running and JustBe) is MORE than very welcome! 'Tis what I doeth....

OMG!! The Tao Teh Ching translated by Aleister Crowley!!!!!!!!!!! <3

You now have my full and undivided attention.....Long ago I visited the Sacred Texts archive to get Sir John Woodroffe's (Arthur Avalon's) translation of The Mahanirvana Tantra (The Tantra of The Great Enlightenment):

https://www.sacred-texts.com/tantra/maha/index.htm

I read a pretty good book on Kundalini by a follower of CW Leadbeater while I was there:

https://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/kmu/index.htm

I totally forgot this place existed...it is a Mecca for Mystics...and I also really like all the works of Crowley.

I am going to read this....from reading the introduction, it sounds like it is going to be right up my alley.

Quote:
4. The Tao is one, and the Teh but a phase thereof. The abyss of this Mystery is the Portal of Serpent-Wonder.
Old 15-09-2019, 03:48 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Arrow ...............@{*i*}@............................ .....

Quote:
7luminaries--r6, hello there. I respect your right to your opinion :) Hopefully you can do the same

7L, you appear to be infering Ive disrespected your oppinion with out clearly specifying any exact comments by me that did disrepected your "oppinion". Do you undestand what I'm saying 7L?

I hope you can respect me adding specific comments to you inferences. That is only fair. Do you understand that?

Quote:
As to where I get my science, it's mainly from physicists [due to the tie-in with the mystics which the mystics can perceive even if not all the scientists can ), though I read up on most scientific disciplines.

I dont recall asking you where you got "your science" in my last response to you. Please address my comments as stated. Please and thank you.

None of you other comments address my comments as stated to you.

Your avoiding the facts of your errors by diversion away to aside tangents. Does not seem like fair play to me.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman