Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-09-2019, 03:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Shivani, from one heart speaking to another ...thank you so much for bringing this up and for sharing that you lived during one of those golden ages. The "culture shock" (in this case, across the ages) is very much an aspect of awakeneing. And so is being out-of-step, counterculture, or just plain old "mad" according to the rest.

The Age of Aquarius has immense energies and wondrous potentials but for sentient beings like us, nothing happens automatically. It was, is, and always will be only ever down to conscious choice and a conscious commitment to the journey. The built-in safeguard of incarnated existence is that ultimately there are only two ways forward...the way of peace and balance, where we mutually consider the highest good of each and all. Or the way of imbalance...either chaos or authoritarianism or some permutation of imbalances.

I lived in the "decline" of golden age of great and wondrous beauty, technological advances (with largely unobtrusive technologies), and levels of civilisation far in advance of our own. Sadly authoritarianism had already begun to greatly erode human/civil rights.

Yet, most of the culture and most people still adhered to a distinctively sacred view of humanity and of the human being. There was very little egregious indulgence in vices and addictions and lifestyles so common these days. There was very little use, abuse, violence, or exploitation of self or others to gratify our lust, or our greed. Violence was mainly the discrete, targeted tool of the corrupted government and/or the underworld -- in the main, it was not brought into our neighborhoods or our relationships. It was not brought into our personal lives nor into our bedrooms. Thus it was so very, very clear that the way of authoritarianism in its oppression, corruption, and violence was deeply misaligned and there was no fooling anyone who bothered to look.

I was a man (I had a twin brother), and I recall -- as was the NORM -- deeply valuing and treasuring those close to me -- my beloved fam, friends, neighbours, and community. Sexual assault, coercion, and rape were almost unheard of because that was, like murder or other crimes or acts of violence, not fit for human society...we held in common (most of us) that life was equally about the development and flourishing of both the self and others -- community, service, and basic human brotherhood and sisterhood. We got that our power as men meant we were responsible for using that power wisely and never in anger or for lust, or to exploit the weak and vulnerable. Those who behaved as many "normatively" do today in their private or public lives would have been held in contempt for their dehumanisation and callous use of others.

All things which our modern society and culture actively promote, to keep folks low, degraded, and misdirected on their journeys. So, despite the decline in civic life -- which was hugely problematic -- most of us nonetheless retained a core aspect of our humanity...that being the recognition of our sacred beingness, our inherent dignity and worth.

What were some of your starkest impressions of the culture shock between now and then? If you care to share?

Peace & blessings
7L
Thank you my dear friend...before I share, I need to reply to a post made by running.

The other day, Unseen Seeker sent me a PM to discuss all of these issues.

What followed was a very beautiful treatise, co-written by myself and my Higher Self..

Please stay tuned for that and I will respond to your questions after it.
Old 14-09-2019, 03:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
When things are realized through the whole self, is it thinking or flowing with ones whole being? The mind when it works alone would assume it’s thinking of course.

More is good and I’m open to your view on my question.
Hey there JustBe...this is my view (just generally speaking ). There is no either/or...there is always both/and. All things and all aspects are of God/Source, and all can be put in service of right-alignment. The ideal IMO is living from centre in right-alignment, leading with the heart-led consciousness, with awakened mind in service to awakened heart.

This will require humanity to work singly and communally with ownership, commitment, and diligence on those areas where we are spiritually and emotionally weak, especially. On our iniquities and our deficiencies in those areas. To listen to, affirm, support, nurture, and fortify ourselves and one another on the journey.

Those are my (very general) thoughts and thanks for sharing yours as well :)
I strongly believe listening, affirming, and engaging with courtesy -- just as we're doing here on SF -- is half of humanity.
Making the effort to show up and give a damn because our humanity is a sacred project.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 14-09-2019, 03:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
from glimpses of joy and silence. to brief periods of time. to permanence. that is the process to god realization. as a living experience.

yogananda explains this. i couldn't agree more with what he says. IT REALLY IS A SCRIPT LIKE A MOVIE. i know that sounds crazy. a total ego killer. but knowing that and living life actually isn't contradiction. but a huge surrender of feeling like your world and mind goes through A DEATH.

anyways. Yoganandas words on it below.

Nirvikalpa Samadhi — ''without difference", as devotee progresses to higher spiritual states he communes with God without bodily fixation; and in his ordinary waking consciousness, even in the midst of exacting worldly duties. It requires the higher state of nirvikalpa ecstasy to perceive the partner-dance of the cosmic light and shadows of creation; even as a man who withdraws his consciousness from the plot of a motion picture can observe, by peering closely, the causative commingling of light and shadows. In nirvikalpa the devotee perceives the cosmic light, his own body, and all the scenes of creation to be moving within himself as a series of motion pictures. In this state the present, past, and future are revealed as one; all variety is merged in the unity of the Eternal Presence. --
The other day, Unseen Seeker sent me a PM asking me to explain the three types of Samadhi (Enlightenment).

Unseen Seeker:

Quote:
Incidentally, what is the savikalpa samadhi state in as a lived reality? May as well use this communication to know/ learn from you!

Shivani Devi:

Quote:
ॐ त्र्यम्बकं यजामहे
सुगन्धिं पुष्टिवर्धनम् ।
उर्वारुकमिव बन्धनान्
मृत्योर्मुक्षीय मामृतात् ॥

Om Try-Ambakam Yajaamahe
Sugandhim Pusstti-Vardhanam |
Urvaarukam-Iva Bandhanaan
Mrtyor-Mukssiiya Maa-[A]mrtaat ||

There are three main types of Samadhi... Patanjali goes into more of them... about 12 IIRC.

Savikalpa - "Having Attribute" - a form of Enlightenment based upon a concept (Shiva, Oneness, Brahman) it occurs when Kundalini reaches the Ajna Chakra (Command Centre) but has yet to break through the psychic knot called Rudra Granthi, and thus can descend back down from the Makara Point to reside in one of the lower chakras (ideally it should be the Anahata).

Nirvikalpa Samadhi - "Without Attribute" (Unattributed). This is a direct realization of what exists beyond mere concepts, labels and identity. It involves the piercing of the Rudra Granthi and to overcome the fear of one's own mortality. The experience is very deep and profound, but not practical in any sense beyond that experience. Even in this state, Moksha (liberation) is not attained and although Kundalini has issued forth from the crown, the one who attains to Nirvikalpa Samadhi can bring their awareness down into Vishuddhi Chakra (throat) for the purpose of communication.

Now, to answer your question. Practical Samadhi and how it can be brought into lived experience is called:

Sahaja Samadhi - (Easy Samadhi) - which is anything BUT easy!
The closest I can relate this to, is Wu Wei Wu of Buddhism..it consists of existing within Nirvikalpa Samadhi, but ALSO being in the flow ..in alignment with the Dynamics of the universe, becoming a conduit for the Divine Energies to serve mankind and help the planet.

I hope to speak soon.

Shivani
Old 14-09-2019, 03:53 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Talking ..............................@{*i*}@............. ...............

Quote:
7luminaries--Hello r6 :)Within a closed system (i.e., this bubble universe within the multiverse)

Obviously your belief is not based on proof or evidence, or rational, logical common sense pathways of thought.

Quote:
-- and given the initial speck of inflated proto-matter from elsewhere which [somehow] came into this universe and from which everything else in this universe originated -- then yes your statement is consistent with known facts today.

1st law/principle of thermodynamics where 'not created' = no source.

Quote:
But no one can say from whence that proto speck of matter arose, came from, or magically came into being. Nor by extention where the proto-matter for the entire multiverse came from or how it came into being.

Obviously your belief of a multiver is not based on evidenc, or rational, logical common sense pathways of thought and you do not believe what all scientist believe, the first law of thermodynamics wherein we find, not created = NO source.

This is simple to grasp, not complex.

Quote:
Nor how consciousness came to be,

You need to learn more about genetics of animals nervous system.

Quote:
which I agree is eternal

I have no idea who are what your agreeing with, as Ive never stated human consciousness is eternal. Earth to 7L. Earth to 7L.

Quote:
in the largest sense and is certainly beyond spacetime, i.e. this multiverse with its various, seemingly discrete bubble universes.

Repeating this above does not make it true. Obviously your belief is not based on proof much less any evidence, or rational, logical common sense pathways of thought.

Quote:
Conciousness is separate from and outside the scope of physical reality (multiverse); hence its ability to impact the fabric of the multiverse with its presence in each moment on a quantum level.

I think you taking those Marvel movies based on comic books and the authors imagination, to far.

YOur not a cult member, your an mature enlightend adult who has yet to reach full entenlightment of this fact.

Or maybe I'm incorrect, and your not a mature entlightened adult, yet.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 14-09-2019, 04:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Shivani, from one heart speaking to another ...thank you so much for bringing this up and for sharing that you lived during one of those golden ages. The "culture shock" (in this case, across the ages) is very much an aspect of awakeneing. And so is being out-of-step, counterculture, or just plain old "mad" according to the rest.

The Age of Aquarius has immense energies and wondrous potentials but for sentient beings like us, nothing happens automatically. It was, is, and always will be only ever down to conscious choice and a conscious commitment to the journey. The built-in safeguard of incarnated existence is that ultimately there are only two ways forward...the way of peace and balance, where we mutually consider the highest good of each and all. Or the way of imbalance...either chaos or authoritarianism or some permutation of imbalances.

I lived in the "decline" of golden age of great and wondrous beauty, technological advances (with largely unobtrusive technologies), and levels of civilisation far in advance of our own. Sadly authoritarianism had already begun to greatly erode human/civil rights.

Yet, most of the culture and most people still adhered to a distinctively sacred view of humanity and of the human being. There was very little egregious indulgence in vices and addictions and lifestyles so common these days. There was very little use, abuse, violence, or exploitation of self or others to gratify our lust, or our greed. Violence was mainly the discrete, targeted tool of the corrupted government and/or the underworld -- in the main, it was not brought into our neighborhoods or our relationships. It was not brought into our personal lives nor into our bedrooms. Thus it was so very, very clear that the way of authoritarianism in its oppression, corruption, and violence was deeply misaligned and there was no fooling anyone who bothered to look.

I was a man (I had a twin brother), and I recall -- as was the NORM -- deeply valuing and treasuring those close to me -- my beloved fam, friends, neighbours, and community. Sexual assault, coercion, and rape were almost unheard of because that was, like murder or other crimes or acts of violence, not fit for human society...we held in common (most of us) that life was equally about the development and flourishing of both the self and others -- community, service, and basic human brotherhood and sisterhood. We got that our power as men meant we were responsible for using that power wisely and never in anger or for lust, or to exploit the weak and vulnerable. Those who behaved as many "normatively" do today in their private or public lives would have been held in contempt for their dehumanisation and callous use of others.

All things which our modern society and culture actively promote, to keep folks low, degraded, and misdirected on their journeys. So, despite the decline in civic life -- which was hugely problematic -- most of us nonetheless retained a core aspect of our humanity...that being the recognition of our sacred beingness, our inherent dignity and worth.

What were some of your starkest impressions of the culture shock between now and then? If you care to share?

Peace & blessings
7L

It was some time in pre-history, although the details are a bit sketchy.

It may have been in Gandhara during the Gupta period around 300BCE or the Indus Valley some 4,000 years prior.

All I know is that I was a male, a Scholar/Yogi and a member of an advanced Vedic culture which worshiped Agni and Rudra...the sacredness of the Divine was instilled within all things, like a breath of existential awareness.

I recall the temple megastructures...giant man-made pyramid mountains of tiered gold built in sets of three, representing the three Gods (Soma, Agni, Rudra) and the three main Kundalini nerves within the body (Ida, Pingala, Shushumna)... everything was a ritual dance to honour the sacred within and without...the Divine which held society together like glue and life was lived as a celebration of diverse skillsets within a field of unified consciousness.

Everybody had certain talents which were nurtured by society as a whole..I recall that I was quite proficient at playing the Veena instrument and horsemanship...When talents and passions are discovered early, they are encouraged and nurtured by everyone...it was a very loving environment and although people did speak to each other, about half of the communication was telepathic...we could tell what another was thinking just by looking deep into their eyes.

Ritual was a part of everyday life..and there was basically just one way to do anything, but it was far from being boring, even though "efficiency" was the order of the day.. everybody chipped in to make sure that the social order ran smoothly and nobody complained..nobody really suffered that much.

I recall that herbal medicine was very advanced and there weren't that many diseases, but if there were, there would always be a plant that would fix it up in a day or two and the average lifespan was about 120 - 130 years ..there was a lot of energetic healing and energy manipulation as well...going into deep religious ecstatic trance states was highly encouraged for mental health and stability.

There was a lot of technology around too...rocks could be melted through vibration, levitated with sound and pure mineral extraction from ore was state of the art. The tradesmen were all superbly excellent at what they did...the life-like stone carvings..the filagreed gold jewelry, the intricate textile weaving...nothing like it has ever existed on this planet since!

Amazing times my friend.
Old 14-09-2019, 06:29 PM
Legrand

Hello 7L and Shivani,

You are making me nostalgic now…

Can't wait that we all start using again telepathy instead of words as a normal way to communicate.

Love!
Old 14-09-2019, 06:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
@ 7L,
re: compassion…As the cliché goes, if only one or a few compassionate people had even insincerely appreciated Hitler’s paintings…

~ J
Jyotir, agreed. Or shown a little human kindness. The other thing is living in a decent society where your basic humanity is respected. And another is being able to make your way and support yourself legitimately, such that you have the respect of yourself, your peers, and society at large.

I think these things were missing in Hitler's society of that day and he was driven into extreme misalignment to deal with his shame and lack of self-worth. Wartorn and brutalised, his society was known for particularly brutal childrearing practices which were in fact fairly widespread globally.

And it goes without saying that vulnerable and marginalised folks were scapegoated and generally unsupported outside family or local charity, if one was lucky. This is still too commonly the norm today, including in our modern societies.

Nearly anywhere we look, egregious, unjustified acts of violence and patterns of violence, including institutionalised violence, is not the way forward. Including "soft" violence like prejudice, loathing, contempt, apathy, and emotional cruelty. Which BTW so easily slides/flips right back into overt, "hard" violence, because in truth these things are all of a piece. Just like the violence in our hearts is only a heartbeat away from the fist we use to deliver the blow.

We see it all the time...yelling escalates into hitting. Prejudice escalates into physical persecution and oppression. Loathing and contempt escalate into murder and genocide. These things are not separate in their truth or in their essence. They are merely at difference places on the spectrum of violence...soft to hard...covert to overt.

Violence and trauma damage us and -- like Hitler, we may be so misaligned as a result of how we were affected by our experiences that it takes many lifetimes to recover and re-align ourselves on our journey. In this way, the most misaligned folks in our history represent watershed moments for us to recognise the importance of compassion and lovingkindness, and also of equanimity -- i.e., appropriate social, educational, and financial supports and the equal rights of all -- in the development of every human being.

For example, compassion & kindness given regularly and consistently and a respectable job that paid the bills (and was socially supported as needed) and a truly decent level of regard for his humanity and his contribution -- that combo might have kept Hitler on the straight and narrow, IMO.

At the same time, if not only war but also targeted genocide are not enough to cause us to reflect on the violence and dehumanisation we perpetrate onto one another -- individually and communally -- and to take different actions in future to address these core iniquities and deficiencies in our lives and in our societies...

...then we have an even bigger issue on our hands. And one we are all complicit in, going forward.

Enlightenment is an inside job, both at the level of humanity as well as at the level of the individual. And for certain, most of us will struggle greatly in any lifetime where we are oppressed, starved, violated, &/or beaten and broken physically, emotionally, and mentally.

These are situations which do not have to occur routinely now or in future. These are reliably dehumanising contexts where humanity at large can consciously choose to go a different way than we have in times past. Where humanity can prioritise ways and means whereby we address our mutual suffering and vulnerability, and thereby choose to support one another's journeys more honestly and authentically.

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 14-09-2019, 06:44 PM
Master
r6, hello there. I respect your right to your opinion :) Hopefully you can do the same

As to where I get my science, it's mainly from physicists [due to the tie-in with the mystics which the mystics can perceive even if not all the scientists can ), though I read up on most scientific disciplines.

I recommend checking out the American series "PBS Spacetime" on Youtube (currently there is someone from Oz hosting it) and going to the very latest stuff on the "multiverse" and the origins of our universe, as a bubble universe in the multiverse. Of course, parts are verified and parts are not. But it appears to be the most unified and consistent explanation to date.

As well as the "hard problem" of consciousness...I think Spacetime has a few on that but loads of other science vids should address that. Spacetime certainly has loads of vids on the quantum effect of consciousness (the sentient, conscious observer) on reality (matter) and outcomes (resolution of probabilities, entanglement, etc).

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 14-09-2019, 07:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
It was some time in pre-history, although the details are a bit sketchy.

It may have been in Gandhara during the Gupta period around 300BCE or the Indus Valley some 4,000 years prior.

All I know is that I was a male, a Scholar/Yogi and a member of an advanced Vedic culture which worshiped Agni and Rudra...the sacredness of the Divine was instilled within all things, like a breath of existential awareness.

I recall the temple megastructures...giant man-made pyramid mountains of tiered gold built in sets of three, representing the three Gods (Soma, Agni, Rudra) and the three main Kundalini nerves within the body (Ida, Pingala, Shushumna)... everything was a ritual dance to honour the sacred within and without...the Divine which held society together like glue and life was lived as a celebration of diverse skillsets within a field of unified consciousness.

Everybody had certain talents which were nurtured by society as a whole..I recall that I was quite proficient at playing the Veena instrument and horsemanship...When talents and passions are discovered early, they are encouraged and nurtured by everyone...it was a very loving environment and although people did speak to each other, about half of the communication was telepathic...we could tell what another was thinking just by looking deep into their eyes.

Ritual was a part of everyday life..and there was basically just one way to do anything, but it was far from being boring, even though "efficiency" was the order of the day.. everybody chipped in to make sure that the social order ran smoothly and nobody complained..nobody really suffered that much.

I recall that herbal medicine was very advanced and there weren't that many diseases, but if there were, there would always be a plant that would fix it up in a day or two and the average lifespan was about 120 - 130 years ..there was a lot of energetic healing and energy manipulation as well...going into deep religious ecstatic trance states was highly encouraged for mental health and stability.

There was a lot of technology around too...rocks could be melted through vibration, levitated with sound and pure mineral extraction from ore was state of the art. The tradesmen were all superbly excellent at what they did...the life-like stone carvings..the filagreed gold jewelry, the intricate textile weaving...nothing like it has ever existed on this planet since!

Amazing times my friend.
Wow it sounds wonderful -- like you truly lived at the peak of that civilisation...truly the golden age.

I really enjoyed reading your impressions. Mine were from another age, nearer its decline (due to corruption of power and governance) and yet still full of many wonders. Atlantean. And much of what I know innately regarding energy work, healing, and traditional medicine, etc., no doubt comes down in part from that era. What strikes me the most from then to now (culture shock) are two things, for starters:

1. How readily and deeply we exploit, deceive, use, and degrade one another for casual sexual use and momentary indulgence. (Sometimes even employing coercion, drugs, or force). How we seem to blindly overlook our lack of ownership or honourable intention. How we seem to blindly overlook the sanctity of another sentient being, as if we were spiritually disabled -- or developmentally stunted to the point of barely being human. It's the spiritual equivalent of being feral and not attaining your full capacity for your humanity AND spreading poo all over your spiritual insides...can't everyone else smell how badly the inner rot "smells" from this stuff, or is it because folks are too stunted to care?

2. Another is how we haven't yet learnt that democratic representation and fair governance must always focus on its own self-betterment...else the rot of authoritarianism and corrupt concentration of its power and wealth will reliably ensue, like scabs on a wound. Instead of that power and wealth remaining in the hands of the people and those elected to serve them. Not to rule them.

It does seem like we are far from those days you mention. What is necessary to put our efforts toward manifesting a better future is to feel that we are a cohesive, sacred "team" of humanity, and that we all matter. There are no first string v. benchwarmers, LOL.

I happen to viscerally know that this is true, literally. We all comprise the integrity of the tapestry as a whole...and we are all vital in that regard. Further, we are immediately and viscerally vital to our closest soul family members, as well as those we touch day-to-day on our journeys.

But most of humanity probably don't feel this way because as you say, the stuff of power and wealth are what "appear" to accrue value to the individual or the society. Many feel who they are is not particularly important or valued by others. Well, that's because most of humanity is misdirected and doesn't understand what or who is truly valuable to each of them and to all of us. Hint: it's one another. It's each of us and it's all of us.

In fact, it is simply that we are all precious, sacred, and valuable, as is all that is. As all is of Source.

To you & Legrand both...yes the telepathy was cool with those you trusted . It's funny how some memories seemed rather silent but yet there was communication going on.

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 14-09-2019, 07:38 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
The other day, Unseen Seeker sent me a PM asking me to explain the three types of Samadhi (Enlightenment).

Unseen Seeker:

Shivani Devi:

sahaja samadhi as i undsrstand it. is when it is in meditation, sleep, and life without interruptions.

all previous samadhi's are leading to sahaja. in sahaja you are having an effect on the world 24/7. liike having a good flu that rubs off on others to help everything come into the same.

but i have no idea as to the accuracy of the definitions from one guru to the next. the last guru i meditated with used the term sahaja as i just explained to the best of my knowledge. sounds like exactly what you just stated.

thank you for sharing!

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4