Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 18-02-2014, 10:11 PM
WubWub

Unhappy Lucid Dreaming... Fear?

How do I stop being afraid of lucid dreaming. It really sucks because

most days, I'm like: YEEAH, I WANT TO LD SO BAD! I'M GONNA DO IT!!

But I never do it because I'm too afraid. How to stop this fear?
Old 19-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Kobekillenum

Bunny

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 19-02-2014, 09:15 PM
LaurenRocker

It's something that you just need to try once. Once you are dreaming there is no need to fear because as long as you remember to that you are in control, nothing can hurt you. I LD almost every night, you will be fine. :)
Old 19-02-2014, 09:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WubWub
How do I stop being afraid of lucid dreaming. It really sucks because

most days, I'm like: YEEAH, I WANT TO LD SO BAD! I'M GONNA DO IT!!

But I never do it because I'm too afraid. How to stop this fear?

The key to defeating your fears is always going to start at identifying exactly what you fear, why you fear it, and then learning as much as you possibly can about it. Most people simply fear the unknown in which case you want to figure out what the unknown actually is, in most cases it will actually be prankster spirits or dark spirits. Then learning as much as you possibly can about them should ease your fears, since in reality there is no reason to fear them to begin with.
Old 19-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Experiencer
If it helps, I personally think the technique where you become lucid when you are already in a dream seems less scary than wake induced lucid dreaming.

Here's a book that might help you.

Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming.
http://files.meetup.com/10687852/Ste...20of%20Luc.pdf
Old 19-02-2014, 11:11 PM
WubWub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyana
If it helps, I personally think the technique where you become lucid when you are already in a dream seems less scary than wake induced lucid dreaming.

Here's a book that might help you.

Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming.
http://files.meetup.com/10687852/Ste...20of%20Luc.pdf
Oh, I'm not afraid of Sleep Paralysis or anything WILD related. That's actually the technique I'm going to do. Because the DILD will take forever. And plus, I don't want to randomly be doing reality checks every day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
The key to defeating your fears is always going to start at identifying exactly what you fear, why you fear it, and then learning as much as you possibly can about it. Most people simply fear the unknown in which case you want to figure out what the unknown actually is, in most cases it will actually be prankster spirits or dark spirits. Then learning as much as you possibly can about them should ease your fears, since in reality there is no reason to fear them to begin with.
I guess I'll look up lucid nightmares, and that stuff.
It's weird, I'm afraid of lucid dreaming, but not REM Atonia, (Sleep Paralysis.) Which is widely considered 10x scarier. :/ Hmm. It's probably because I've had SP many times before. Thanks guys.
Old 22-02-2014, 03:03 PM
mb6954

Quote:
Originally Posted by WubWub
Oh, I'm not afraid of Sleep Paralysis or anything WILD related. That's actually the technique I'm going to do. Because the DILD will take forever. And plus, I don't want to randomly be doing reality checks every day...

I guess I'll look up lucid nightmares, and that stuff.
It's weird, I'm afraid of lucid dreaming, but not REM Atonia, (Sleep Paralysis.) Which is widely considered 10x scarier. :/ Hmm. It's probably because I've had SP many times before. Thanks guys.

Lucid Dreaming is nothing to be scared about. Your in control of your dream, you can do anything you want to do, and if it's beating up some evil beast you can always do that as well. They can't do anything to your physical body. There's nothing to be scared about. Personally I think if you can get through the sleep paralysis part (which I don't even know how you manage to do as that part scares the jeepers out of me) then you can get through the dream itself.

I've seen a couple of not so nice things but most of my experiences have been positive. When I've had not such a good experience and something is there to scare the hell out of me all I have to do is think to myself this is a dream I'm in bed and then BAM I'll open my eyes! I think the couple of negative experiences is nothing compared to the many positive experiences I've had.