Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 18-03-2013, 07:07 AM
laryno

Two Questions About Meditation

Hey, I have two questions I would like some insight into:

1. Once you have learned to quiet the mind, then what? What is the next step in meditation?

2. When looking for your spirit guide, how do you know if you have actually met it, or if your imagination is just making things up?

Thanks!!
Old 18-03-2013, 08:01 AM
Master
When the mind is quiet , rise your vibration by simply let the energy flow
all around in/out your body . ( Become Water )
light as a feather , soft as a breather and true as the higher .
Old 19-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Suspended
A quiet mand lets you access other parts of your mind. Meditiation shifts your brain into a more relaxed state and allows for new ideas and images free of pre-judgement.

Made up or Spirit? The answer is both. Even if the entity is made up, it is still a real Spirit!
Old 19-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
Made up or Spirit? The answer is both. Even if the entity is made up, it is still a real Spirit!

Interesting answer Thunder Bow ~

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 20-03-2013, 12:00 AM
tomvondeck

Meditation is a gradual process of training the mind to be present with moment to moment experience as it arises into consciousness. It's not that you've quieted the mind and are now through with that. There is always chatter. Mindfulness helps you to make friends with the chatter and observe it as an impartial observer. You are the ocean. Thoughts, emotions and sensations are the waves, rising and falling. They are happening in the moment and your job is to be present with whatever comes up on finer and finer levels.

What's next? Getting to know yourself on finer and finer levels.
Old 20-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Pinkroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by laryno
Hey, I have two questions I would like some insight into:

1. Once you have learned to quiet the mind, then what? What is the next step in meditation?

2. When looking for your spirit guide, how do you know if you have actually met it, or if your imagination is just making things up?

Thanks!!

I think meditation varies for each person.

1) For me, the next step is to relax, enjoy the experience and see what comes to you. Sometimes you will see images, experience insights or even fall asleep.

2) I still wonder that myself sometimes. I can never tell for sure what is coming from me and what is coming from somewhere else. I have tried asking questions I didn't know the answers to and trying to confirm the answers later on. I also believe if something surprises you or catches you off-guard, it is most likely not coming from your imagination.
Old 21-03-2013, 04:15 AM
Master
I guess quiet mind or 'stillness' is like awareness of being.
Old 21-03-2013, 04:28 AM
sedago

There are many approaches to meditation. One method is to concentrate on a certain thought taken from the Gospels, or from a Buddhist sutra, for instance, and keep this very thought alone in your mind by trying to make it more and more alive.

On your second question - it is not quite clear if you speak about your Guardian Angel or about a personal teacher.
Old 21-03-2013, 05:41 AM
Master
After quieting your mind, a small additional step is to quiet the rest of you (emotions, physical, spiritual), any internal commotion.

Other 'advanced' possibilities are: expanded awareness, travel to other times and places, radiating unconditional love, and merging into the divine.
Old 24-03-2013, 05:32 AM
sedago

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
merging into the divine.

That really is "advanced"... it will only take you a few million years to get there !

I think starting with something more realistic is better.